Newcastle 2 - 1 Watford - Post match thread

Dave

The enthusiasm on Skirge man, imagine being on of his kids, there'd be a party just for putting your shirt on the right way man everyday. :D

Better fkn believe it :D  :thup: :thup:

First goal flips right infront  of us, I was going fkn berzerc :D

I will adopt you in spirit mate, you can be one  of my Toon taught kids.  :thup: All three of mine have a high grade in the art of Black & White!

Boothroyd on SSN after the break.

Just been on BBC.

I think he just has one post-match interview which is just played every single week.

"We're disappointed but these group of lads will fight back. That's what we do."

Is it now?

Taylor was also on. He talks like a captain.

Same on SSN, no complaints other than his own team's finishing.

The opposite of the usual Premiership arsehole managers like the obnoxious Mark Hughes, for example.

Too honest, Boothroyd mate....

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72837043.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6259FC9103CCF3579C7631F868A8C7D54

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72837040.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6259FC9103CCF3579A55A1E4F32AD3138

Well a win is a win and this game was vital to win or all the boo boys would be back out and including myself I would have criticised as we should be expecting to really do them at home but Martins is playing some special stuff and the boy I've back since he was 15, Steven Taylor is doing the business and showing true class.

Taylor was excellent today, and Martins took his goals really well. The penalty he scored v Reading seems to have done wonders for his confidence.  :thup: We may just well have a special player on our hands here.....

Only disappointment was Roeder choosing to go with the diamond in midfield. It left us shorn or width and as a result, the middle of the park became too congested.

At least we got the win though - very important and continues our upward momentum.  blueyes.gif

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given: 7 - Did well except for controlling his area especially on corner kicks. Made a couple of good saves.

Huntington: 6 - good effort from the youngster but at no surprise he cant go forward and help Milner. We really need Solano back.

Taylor: 9 - did he make an error? He was outstanding and showed himself a good footballer too. Won everything in the air. (MOM!)

Ramage: 5 - he was totally dominated in the air and on serveral occasions he threw the ball away at no reasons.

Babayano: 7 - average performance. Forward he is working fine but got some problems defending.

Milner: 7 - strange game for him. Lost the ball too often but he made an assist and fought very hard.

Butt: 7 - fine game, except that his forward passings at times was awful.

Emre: 8 - he is really on fire but often he wasnt helped enough by the teammates when he had the ball. Nice touches and dribbles...

Dyer: 6 - the understanding between Dyer and Martins wasnt there at all and Dyer wasnt sharp today. Im sure he will bounce back.

Martins: 8 - with the two goals he won the game for us, but he lost too many balls. Anyway go OBA!

Sibiersky: 6 - he was dominated by the strong Watford defence and wasnt much at use.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Its great to see Taylor back to his best, Since that goal against Celta in the Uefa cup he hasnt looked back.

He got a huge talent and if he avoids further injuries he cant fail! We just need a solid partner for him, because atm we havent anyone near that at Newcastle. Its priority number one in january if you ask me.

Guest the_guv_nor

bit off topic but who was the artist and what was the name of the song that was played just before the players ran out, was a rock song, sounded bit like guns and roses.

Guest MalcolmSm1th

When the ball came to Martins for him to score I was wondering how long he was going to take before hoofing it.  And I was mighty relieved that the ball almost ended up in Row Z -- wrapped up in the net.  Phew!

Baba was truely awful, i totally lost my shit with him when he stepped up with his arm in the air to just watch a player run past him, onside, in the last 5 minutes just after we'd scored, Dyer looked like he'd been out on the piss last night, we're playing the WORST team i've ever seen in the prem, and he just wouldn't run at them, emre was the only person doing it, apart from martins, when he dropped deep, i have to say i thought he was fantastic today, very very effective, taylor deserved man of the match, and huntington had a solid game

nice one lads

nobody stood out today. Why change the formation to fit players into it. The diamond formation is a waste of space. Watford played a deep line which is why we struggled. Our pace could not be occupied in the space needed.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Huntington looks like Woodgate from a distance (before Woody grew that thing what he's got now). I was sitting there today thinking 'if only'  bluecry.gif

I said that at Blackburn to NSG, he has all the stance and mannerings of JW