Roeder has 10 Million in Jan

SUPERTOON

If we get rid of some of the dead wood like Bramble and Luque, that would raise another £5M surely?

For £15M I would go for;

Ben Haim - £4M

Neill - £2M

Bridges/Baines - £6M

Duscher - £3M

Basturk - Free

Waste of money imo. Butt is a better player in this form.

Also isn't duscher on a free end of season and his club struggling for cash?

Butt is getting on a bit though, and we could do with another defensive midfielder.

He is, but Duscher isn't the player we need tbh.

I'd rather stick to a known quality DM than take a chance with another could-be flop from the Spanish leagues.

In fact, i think we should never buy from Spain again, italy yes, france maybe, certainly Germany, but Spain, never again.

Kluivert on a free?

???

You said we should never buy from Spain as if we have never got a decent player from there.

Kluivert on a free was a decent deal imo.

Kluivert and the words free certainly dont go together.

He cost £3.5m in wages for the year nevermind a loan fee if there was one (probably was) he also upset the balance and ended up putting Bellamy on the wings to accommodate him sparking Bellamys departure, was well worth bringing in.

Can't think of anyone better we've signed from Spain, if that is the best we've done, then am certain we should never go La Liga again.

I still wouldn't rule out buying from an entire league though, especialy when the player in question is argentinian anyway.

If we get rid of some of the dead wood like Bramble and Luque, that would raise another £5M surely?

For £15M I would go for;

Ben Haim - £4M

Neill - £2M

Bridges/Baines - £6M

Duscher - £3M

Basturk - Free

Waste of money imo. Butt is a better player in this form.

Also isn't duscher on a free end of season and his club struggling for cash?

Butt is getting on a bit though, and we could do with another defensive midfielder.

He is, but Duscher isn't the player we need tbh.

I'd rather stick to a known quality DM than take a chance with another could-be flop from the Spanish leagues.

In fact, i think we should never buy from Spain again, italy yes, france maybe, certainly Germany, but Spain, never again.

Kluivert on a free?

???

You said we should never buy from Spain as if we have never got a decent player from there.

Kluivert on a free was a decent deal imo.

Kluivert and the words free certainly dont go together.

He cost £3.5m in wages for the year nevermind a loan fee if there was one (probably was) he also upset the balance and ended up putting Bellamy on the wings to accommodate him sparking Bellamys departure, was well worth bringing in.

Can't think of anyone better we've signed from Spain, if that is the best we've done, then am certain we should never go La Liga again.

I still wouldn't rule out buying from an entire league though, especialy when the player in question is argentinian anyway.

The only players worth going for are all £15m plus in Spain.

Its not feesable for us to go for the good ones, unless we get real lucky, and we all thought we did with Luque, and look how that turned out.

So your saying Saviola for £2-3M is not worth going for?

No not really.

Saviola has been poor about the same time Paddy K decided to give up on being a footballer. (about 3 years, that isn't just poor form anymore)

He'd take longer than Martins or Luque to adapt, and yet again is another midget (5ft 5"), we do not need him, we have two £10m+ players like him who are better quality all round.

Central defender (Distin)

Left Back (bridge/Baines)

Striker (Viduka)

*Right back if budget allows and we manage to sell luque*

I reckon we could get these three for 10 million and only viduka would be a stop gap, doesn't play badly when he's up for it... Nobby has made the right back position more tenable and the centre of defence needs someone to accompany taylor. If we get shola and owen back next summer we should have enough firepower to manage us through a "normal" season.

I'd spend 8-9 million on 2 defenders, dont know of any decent RB's available at the moment but maybe the scouts are working hard scouring the world for one. Left back, that young guy at Ajax with the dreadlocks looks like at a good player. Baines maybe or Bale, only thing with Bale is he's very young, doubtfull if he could do a job right now. Distin should be a priority, he would be a quality leader, if not maybe Woodgate if hes gonna be cheap at the end of the season. 2 million max on a forward imo, should just be temporary signing, maybe even a loan deal would be good.

Experience, pace, leader.... what more can you want (forget about previous treachory!) :winking:

I didn't rate him when he was here before, it's nowt to do with how he left. I still don't rate him.

Yeh me too, I never thought he was much better than Dabizas and O'Brien at the time tbh.

I'd spend 8-9 million on 2 defenders, dont know of any decent RB's available at the moment but maybe the scouts are working hard scouring the world for one. Left back, that young guy at Ajax with the dreadlocks looks like at a good player. Baines maybe or Bale, only thing with Bale is he's very young, doubtfull if he could do a job right now. Distin should be a priority, he would be a quality leader, if not maybe Woodgate if hes gonna be cheap at the end of the season. 2 million max on a forward imo, should just be temporary signing, maybe even a loan deal would be good.

Was just thinking of Gareth Bale as a possibility for the future - at 17, he's being sniffed at already by Arsenal and Man U - £7m though, means he's out of our market surely? - but I think he's been in impressive enough form this season so far to suggest he'd be a far better bet than Babayaro any road.

Would like to see us sign another striker - David Suazo, Nikola Zigic, or Isaac Promise (Genclerbirligi)

Agree that a right back (Neill) and a centre back (Distin) also needed. Would be happy to see Distin back so long as we play him centreback not left back this time, not so sure about Lucas Neill myself, but f*** he'd still be better than Carr.  Wes Brown or Phil Bardsley would be decent signings also. Also, that lad Whittaker (Hibs) has been reasonably impressive so far this season...could be worth a punt?

Was just thinking of Gareth Bale as a possibility for the future - at 17, he's being sniffed at already by Arsenal and Man U - £7m though, means he's out of our market surely? - but I think he's been in impressive enough form this season so far to suggest he'd be a far better bet than Babayaro any road.

Would like to see us sign another striker - David Suazo, Nikola Zigic, or Isaac Promise (Genclerbirligi)

Agree that a right back (Neill) and a centre back (Distin) also needed. Would be happy to see Distin back so long as we play him centreback not left back this time, not so sure about Lucas Neill myself, but f*** he'd still be better than Carr.  Wes Brown or Phil Bardsley would be decent signings also. Also, that lad Whittaker (Hibs) has been reasonably impressive so far this season...could be worth a punt?

If no decent RB's are available i'd wait until summer. Its a position that needs to be sorted but Nobby is doing a great job when playing, him with Ramage back-up would do until the end of the season if need be. Whittaker looks decent, probably would be fairly cheap also. I dunno about Neil, i think hes being a bit over-hyped.

How many times is this going to be said?

BRIDGE SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT AT CHELSEA AND WILL NOT BE COMING.

Just because Bridge signed a new contract doesnt mean he wont move, Bridge might of signed that contract just for peace of mind, No matter what happens he knows he is sorted for the next 4-5 years. Bridge knows if a team he doesnt like comes in for him then he can stay at Chelsea and still earn £50k+ a week.

The bit in bold is fact, the bit not in bold is opinion. Chelsea may be minted but they don't want to let players go for nothing. It's quite possible that Mourinho told Bridge he will let him go should a club come in for him during the january window.

Mine is just speculation, however should Bridge have got a pay rise when he signed it would add substance to my guess.

Just because Bridge signed a new contract doesnt mean he wont move, Bridge might of signed that contract just for peace of mind, No matter what happens he knows he is sorted for the next 4-5 years. Bridge knows if a team he doesnt like comes in for him then he can stay at Chelsea and still earn £50k+ a week.

That might make sense for him, but what sense does it make for Chelsea? Why offer a new contract if they don't want him? To bump up the price? Well maybe, but that's not a big deal for Chelsea is it and if it was why not a 2 year or 1 year extension? 4-5 years says they want to keep him to me.

I really hope we don't waste the whole of this window chasing someone who doesn't want to come here at a club that doesn't want to sell him, again.

The bit in bold is fact, the bit not in bold is opinion. Chelsea may be minted but they don't want to let players go for nothing. It's quite possible that Mourinho told Bridge he will let him go should a club come in for him during the january window.

Mine is just speculation, however should Bridge have got a pay rise when he signed it would add substance to my guess.

This being clearly the most likely scenario, given the competition for places at Chelsea.

People are strange.

"Ameobi is shit blah blah blah' - aye, ok.

"Amazing that Sib is doing anything, what a surprise" - aye and he is 32

"Martins  :thup: but still some reservations" - aye, he is great but not going to get us up the table single handedly.

"Owen may not be the same player when he comes back" - Who knows...

Therefore, the priority is a defender!

No its not. Our defence needs work and we need a couple of buys without doubt but we really need to strengthen our attacking line. Sib is not the answer (well, he may be but its bound to be a silly question), Ameobi is not good enough, we need something more upfront.

Find money for an attacker, sell Luque and use that money for the defence.

People are strange.

"Ameobi is shit blah blah blah' - aye, ok.

"Amazing that Sib is doing anything, what a surprise" - aye and he is 32

"Martins  :thup: but still some reservations" - aye, he is great but not going to get us up the table single handedly.

"Owen may not be the same player when he comes back" - Who knows...

Therefore, the priority is a defender!

No its not. Our defence needs work and we need a couple of buys without doubt but we really need to strengthen our attacking line. Sib is not the answer (well, he may be but its bound to be a silly question), Ameobi is not good enough, we need something more upfront.

Find money for an attacker, sell Luque and use that money for the defence.

Agreed. The priority is the same as it was last summer. A striker.