Newcastle United 2 (Two)-1 Manchester City (29/01/2019) - post match p19 onwards

Sima

Guest Howaythetoon

Ritchie - Failed to score in open play, poor for an attacking player that cost 12m. 4/10

Dubravka - No clean sheet for the United ‘keeper again, those in front of him can have no confidnce in him surely. 4/10

Rondon - Lucky to score with his only kick of the game. Stones’ shadow had more touches than the Mexican international which he spent most of his time not even chasing. Meanwhile Mitrovic who the manager sold continues to impress at Craven Cottage. 4/10

Benítez - The ex Real Madrid flop got his tactics all wrong again parking the bus which lasted all of 1 minute before City scored. No clean sheet again despite 11 men behind the ball and their 2 goals makes it just 21 in total now. Rafa is showing signs he can’t build on his early success at the club which saw him win the Championship and the owner could be forgiven if he thought his highly paid manger could be doing a lot better with this group of equally highly paid players. The fans certainly do - despite the Champions being in Town there were hundreds of empty seats all around the usually sold out St. James’ Park. 4/10

I know it's generally positive regardless (probably the main reason I listen to it), and they are up a height on this one.....but it seems a bit mad saying 'sensational' :lol: Far away from my thoughts on his performance last night.

Pause for a moment and think about astraguy[/member] who is going tonight for his first ever game.  Poor soul.

:aww: Was fucking epic  :love: First game ever we broke our Transfer record and beat one of the best teams in the world with all the goals in my corner, Totally fucked sleepwise mind but if that's what happens every time a lad from Birmingham comes up i'll do it again and again.

P.s- the protest was wank it seemed once that quick goal went in noone gave a shit and the only noise came from the Gallowgate then faded

I'm still buzzing from seeing that last night. Apart from a couple of moments I never really felt like City were going to break us down in that second half. I thought Perez's movement  was fantastic, him and Rondon were often the only two players in the City half and still managed to create dangerous situations from there persistence - he's almost a really top class player if he was more clinical.

I'd say that back line from last night is our best too. I like Fernandez and even Dummet on the defensive side but that back 5 even with Richie as a wing back just seems to work. All of the centre backs have a very clear role and all seem to execute it very well - Lascelles particularly did a lot of the ugly stuff brilliant, some solid shoulder barges.

Also does anyone know why only one half of the ground seemingly bothered with those banners? Did they not get enough to get them to the far side or something? The strawberry corner were class as usual fwiw.

Pause for a moment and think about astraguy[/member] who is going tonight for his first ever game.  Poor soul.

:aww: Was fucking epic  :love: First game ever we broke our Transfer record and beat one of the best teams in the world with all the goals in my corner, Totally fucked sleepwise mind but if that's what happens every time a lad from Birmingham comes up i'll do it again and again.

P.s- the protest was wank it seemed once that quick goal went in noone gave a shit and the only noise came from the Gallowgate then faded

I'm so jealous. I've only ever been to one NUFC game. The season opener at St. James' against Man City a few years ago, when we lost 0-2, and I got to see Pardew on the touchline and Riviere lead the line.

I still fucking loved it :lol:

Ritchie - Failed to score in open play, poor for an attacking player that cost 12m. 4/10

Dubravka - No clean sheet for the United ‘keeper again, those in front of him can have no confidnce in him surely. 4/10

Rondon - Lucky to score with his only kick of the game. Stones’ shadow had more touches than the Mexican international which he spent most of his time not even chasing. Meanwhile Mitrovic who the manager sold continues to impress at Craven Cottage. 4/10

Benítez - The ex Real Madrid flop got his tactics all wrong again parking the bus which lasted all of 1 minute before City scored. No clean sheet again despite 11 men behind the ball and their 2 goals makes it just 21 in total now. Rafa is showing signs he can’t build on his early success at the club which saw him win the Championship and the owner could be forgiven if he thought his highly paid manger could be doing a lot better with this group of equally highly paid players. The fans certainly do - despite the Champions being in Town there were hundreds of empty seats all around the usually sold out St. James’ Park. 4/10

Richard Keys takeover of HTT's account is going well.

Feels fucking good to be happy for a short period of time at least. Almost forgot how fucking great it can be seeing us win, Never mind a game like this.

Proves that I'm still human with emotions. We have very few highs but once we do, damn it feels good.

Annoying me more than it should  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Howay man, give me some credit, it’s a parody of the sheer lack of research, knowledge, insight and understanding, bias, hypocrisy and fickleness that those in the football media from reporters and commentators to pundits in print and over the air and indeed fans on social media shat out from every orifice every day unflushed without even wiping up that somehow all ends up as mainstream gospel perpetuated day and night 24/7 to an audience that respond by booing a Ritchie substitution, or ganning range because Man City had 77% possession in losing to tha Toon man.

Howay man, give me some credit, it’s a parody of the sheer lack of research, knowledge, insight and understanding, bias, hypocrisy and fickleness that those in the football media from reporters and commentators to pundits in print and over the air and indeed fans on social media shat out from every orifice every day unflushed without even wiping up that somehow all ends up as mainstream gospel perpetuated day and night 24/7 to an audience that respond by booing a Ritchie substitution, or ganning range because Man City had 77% possession in losing to tha Toon man.

I know you were taking the mick, just for some reason that annoyed me  :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

He wasn't there, it was Jenas and Hargreaves. The protest didn't really exist, as expected. Plenty of chanting though for the little that that's worth.

Can anyone think of a more unexpected victory than this? I can’t think of anything within the last 20 years where pre-match expectations would have been so low that we actually won.

Guest neesy111

How long has it been before we've been awarded a pen until this? Home n away

3 weeks in all competitions vs Blackburn.

August vs Cardiff away (missed) in the league.

Last February vs Burnley at home (missed) in the league

Can anyone think of a more unexpected victory than this? I can’t think of anything within the last 20 years where pre-match expectations would have been so low that we actually won.

Don't think I can. It's definitely the best individual victory since Rafa joined us, imo, without being the most significant.

The biggest rivals in terms of 'unexpected victories' both come from the Championship, but they're both cheats: Brighton (a) after circa 75 minutes and Norwich (h) after circa 60 minutes. Wasn't even thinking about victory at said points in either of those games.