Rate our transfer window

HaydnNUFC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

0. The player signings are irrelevant the fact that we negotiated the Almiron transfer to below our transfer record and for Charnley to then say what he said has just highlighted what we all knew, the club is dead.

The squad needs a lot of work, but in terms of January we addressed much needed issues in our defence and attack, not to mention making our record signing. I'd say it was brilliant if we were normal but given the context I'm pretty much "5-6: Average. Meh".

0. The player signings are irrelevant the fact that we negotiated the Almiron transfer to below our transfer record and for Charnley to then say what he said has just highlighted what we all knew, the club is dead.

Not sure why the first part is relevant. If we’ve paid less than we thought then all the better.

I don't rate the full back given he can't get in to a Monaco side that's massively struggling, but will see what he does for us first. Almiron is a brilliant signing, looks exactly what we need and I hope bosses it here.

I'd feel more comfortable if we replaced Joselu and brought in competent centre mid and another winger. We keep leaving major holes in our squad every window that it's going to take a big amount of transfers to sort out. So that makes the window awful hard to say it's good as you have to treat them as opportunities to fix your squad problems. We've fixed one and might have fixed a second, but we got at least 3 others that need urgent attention.

Meh. 5? Still needed a striker tbh. Glad Murphy is getting game time and berocca or whatever he's called should add a new dynamic if he settles.

Almiron is a standout and a position we've been desperate in for years. Feel slightly sorry for atsu as he's picked up through the mid recently.

3 - Yes we have signed a number 10 and a left back, two positions that have been criminally neglected for the last 5 years! But we're so light up front, one serious injury to Rondon and we're in trouble, not just because of his goals but how he's integral to the way we play. If Muto, Perez or god forbid Joselu plays up top then our whole system just breaks down.

We needed 4 in as an absolute minimum, we've got 2 and had to take out a bank loan... absolutely pathetic yet again from Ashley and his cronies!

Not sure why the first part is relevant. If we’ve paid less than we thought then all the better.

Getting a good deal is fine. Waiting a whole year, keeping Rafa waiting and risking the player going elsewhere just so we can get the (initial) price below our transfer record is pathetic.

I went with brilliant, this window surpassed my expectations as my expectations were nothing.

Same (a 7 though, not 8).  Getting Almiron is huge and we should be a bit more potent on the left side now. Was expecting nothing and along with the Man City win have been relatively happy this week. Then I came on here :lol:

I can’t rate the players we’ve brought in because I’ve never seen them play, but I can rate our transfer window and I rate it as the club doing everything in its power to once more maintain this almost zero investment in the team and backing of the manager.

Almirón, forget what he cost or his much talked about potential, we are signing someone from the MLS and basically on the final day of the transfer window.

Whatever plans and calculations the club considered and took to sign him, they weigh heavily against signing him earlier in the window which had the club done would signal not only a real commitment to inevesting in the team but also a comitment to back the manager.

Charnley has already stated Rafa has wanted him for a year or so now and while transfers are never without complications, we are the ones that complicates every deal and every window because of the way the club operates in the transfer market.

Which is dictated again not by a commitment to investing in the team and backing the manager or even finances, but a strategy that I guarantee is in place to do the exact opposite of investing and backing the manager which the club will only ever do on the cheap if the opportunity crops up or is demanded due to the threat of relegation or fan unrest or to appease the manager to string him along to sign on for another round of their bullshit.

Don’t be fooled by the signing of Almirón, it doesn’t signal investment, backing or a change in policy. It just further highlights the reality. 16m or whatever few quid extra he will end up costing us is nothing, it’s might seem extravagant and big money, but that’s only because it is for us.

It’s small change to many of our rivals and no big deal.

The facts speak for themselves, signed 31 days into the transfer window, from the MLS and for a fee that again is massive for us, is small change in reality. He should have been signed much earlier in this window and indeed even before if the club truly were committed to investing in the team and backing the manager.

He’s not been bought for any other reason than to appease the manager and fans, curry favour with certain sections of the media who have been asking questions about the lack of money spent, but ultimately because if he turns out any good the club can sell him on for a profit.

And if not, well, they can always use his signing against the manager to condemn him for bringing in a dud or failing to develop the player and therefore why he and any manager really, can’t be trusted to sign who they want and for the club, risk spending real money (for them) on players that other clubs can take a punt on because they are sovereign states we can’t, won’t and never will try and compete with.

You know, in case we go down and be left with players we can’t sell for half of what we paid for them or afford their wages without Premier Legaue money. We don’t want to do a Leeds now...

Back to improving the squad and investing in it... we’ve let more players go than we’ve brought in and players we have brought in we might have to wait until next season or towards the very end of this season to see any benefits.

Almirón won’t be available at all for Saturday for example.

The irony is by not gambling more on players because the club don’t consider there to be anything to gain between finishing 17th or any higher which includes cups and the Europa League, they are gambling on losing far more than they would gain if they go down which is guaranteed to happen at some point without proper investment and backing the manager.

Mind, perhaps that’s the gamble the club considers worth the risk, which to be fair when 53k still turn up for home games and promotion follows relegation funded by sales and parachute payments maybe that’s the real pay off. It’s paid off big time twice upto now for the owner.

The gamble for fans is whether to keep going or not, either way there will be no pay off as long as Ashley is the owner, whether Rafa stays or not, signing players like Almirón or not. The only pay off is his.

Nothing will change, there will never be proper investment in the team or backing of the manager, whoever he may be and that’s because 17th guarantees riches and so does relegation which I think the owner is more than willing to risk knowing if there is no promotion and the TV money dries up, 53k will pay for fielding a team to give false hope of trying to compete.

And if he does have to put some of his own money in, he’ll get it back eventually, he’s already made his money back what he laid for the club.

Stop going, now and don’t go back until he’s fucked off because nothing will change, there is no future, history will repeat itself and for NUFC the last decade will be more or less the next decade.

Don’t enable it, don’t support it, don’t tolerate it and accept it just because we sign a left back on loan and some kid from the MLS or Rafa sticks around, he’d be a mug if he did and as stupid as all those that renew. We should all know better.

i only skimmed it, but good post!