Wolverhampton Wanderers v Newcastle United - 11/2/19 - 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

If you look at our bench options for Spurs:

Woodman

Clark

Fernandez

Manquillo

Kenedy

Barreca

Joselu

it's likely we'll now be able to add Dummett, Ki, Diame, Almiron and Muto to that list which is incredible really. So many more options - Kenedy might not even make the bench!

Dropping our best two centre backs to accommodate a mediocre left back would be peak us.

This is the thing, playing a back 3/5, gets the best out of Lejeune and Schar.

I think Lascelles has looked a bit more solid having them either side of him too, albeit still a bit sloppy at times.

Dubravka

Schar

Lascelles

Lejeune

Yedlin

Longstaff

Diame

Ritchie

Perez

Almiron

Rondon

3-4-2-1

Atsu for Almiron and that'll be it imo, we could switch back to 4-2-3-1 now Dummett is fit but i can't see it as we're away.

What team would you go for if we went 4-2-3-1?

Don't think he trusts Schar in a back 4,I think he'd probably go Lascelles and Fernandez

I would reckon it would be :

Dubs

Yedlin  Lascelles  Lejeune Dummett

Ritchie  Diame  Longstaff    Atsu (or Kenedy if he regains any sort of form)

Almiron

Rondon

That's if and it's a big if, we switched back to 4-2-3-1, personally think we'll stick with 3-4-2-1 as it gives you both Perez and Almiron in the same side eventually, as well as 3 very good centre backs.

Dropping our best two centre backs to accommodate a mediocre left back would be peak us.

This is the thing, playing a back 3/5, gets the best out of Lejeune and Schar.

I think Lascelles has looked a bit more solid having them either side of him too, albeit still a bit sloppy at times.

It makes us so much better. We have two players capable of passing or bringing the ball out and Ritchie & Yedlin either flank are good on the ball. One of the hardest things to watch is Dummett either floating a ball down the line for the winger to chase with a full-back up his arse, or passing sideways to the CB, defensive midfielder or back to Dubravka when a positive pass is on.

Think he'll start with

Dubravka

Yedlin

Schar

Lascelles

Lejeune

Ritchie

Diame

Longstaff

Perez

Atsu

Rondon

Almiron getting 25-30 minutes or so regardless of score, Barreca with another 10 minute cameo and probably Hayden making up the 3rd sub.

:thup: almost certain it’ll be this.

My hopeful and specific prediction is 1-2  :cheesy:

traore first for them from just outside the box on 25 mins

kenedy off the bench to tuck away a loose ball from a corner on 70 mins

rondon header with an almiron assist on 80 mins  :laugh:

Anyone else worried about this game? This is the sort of team we drop points against, a wanker of a manager who goes on like he's a bigtime Charlie. Can't forget how they went on at SJP, and their recent form is a cause for concern. Although, we held them off with 10 men until 11th min stoppage time or whatever it was that the league added to help them win.

Anyone else worried about this game? This is the sort of team we drop points against, a wanker of a manager who goes on like he's a bigtime Charlie. Can't forget how they went on at SJP, and their recent form is a cause for concern. Although, we held them off with 10 men until 11th min stoppage time or whatever it was that the league added to help them win.

Not concerned at all. If we lose it’s not the end of the world, they’re a better team at the moment. Huddersfield and Burnley are the big ones. 6 points there and we’ll stay up. We had a similar back-to-back at a similar time last season with Southampton and Huddersfield. We’ve then got Southampton and Palace at home too to come. 10-12 points from those 4 fixtures and a win anywhere else will do it.

Why's Nuno a wanker?

Why's Nuno a wanker?

Just comes across as one, to me, anyway. I wasn't a fan of Wagner either, tbh. Mind you, impressed with the job he's done, of course, but I feel like this Wolves team has a bit of dirtiness about them in play.

Hudds at home will be perfect to give Almiron his first start

Totally agree, no way he’s starting tonight it just doesn’t fit with what Rafa does.

Save him for Huddersfield would make sense, I suspect he may get 10mins if anything tonight.

Would love a point tonight

Like most I’m expecting defeat, anything from this is a massive bonus, it’s not the battle we need to win, they come next so as has been said they are better than us and should win . O0