The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah, he miles better than Puel. Puel is too stuck in his ways and that style of passive possession (much like Rogers played at swans) doesn’t really work in the PL anymore. Fans had turned too.

Regarding Southampton though? Of all the managers we could have went for, he’d have been a decent fit here post Rafa IMO. Far more than Bruce anyway, mind a tree would have been a better fit than him...

Guest Howaythetoon

Hopefully our former Mexican Magician will go from strength to strength now at Leicester, he’s easily a player of quality they can benefit from in their side a lot from. Pleased for the lad getting 3 goals!

Hopefully our former Mexican Magician will go from strength to strength now at Leicester, he’s easily a player of quality they can benefit from in their side a lot from. Pleased for the lad getting 3 goals!

The half volley for his second was pure sex. Will always love Ayoze.

Curious to see the ears celebration - was he getting boos over the red? Or is it just his thing now?

Nah, he miles better than Puel. Puel is too stuck in his ways and that style of passive possession (much like Rogers played at swans) doesn’t really work in the PL anymore. Fans had turned too.

He didn’t play that way at all with Nice. Which is why it’s weird he didn’t play his way in England.

The half volley for his second was pure sex. Will always love Ayoze.

Curious to see the ears celebration - was he getting boos over the red? Or is it just his thing now?

Just his thing. There was an audible gasp/acceptance when they replayed the red on the screen.

Anyone else feel like Neville was trying to bait Ayoze into criticising Rafa there or am I just paranoid  :lol:

It was exactly what he was trying to do.

He always tries to have dig at Rafa whenever it’s Newcastle related :lol:

I mean surely he realises how much Rafa Benitez improved Perez had him firing which got him a big move last summer.

Funny how Gary didn’t list the managers with the biggest Premier League wins in history.

Or name the only manager to have as many as 7 different goal scorers in a match.

Fellow anoraks will be pleased to know that we no longer hold the record for the biggest home defeat in the top division.

Leicester are doing much better than I thought, but Southampton showed no spirit at all. Teams often get criticised harshly on those grounds, but in this case it was the reality.

Southampton for the last couple of years have been like one of those teams who stay in the Premier League doing nothing then have a couple of seasons flirting with relegation before going down.

I thought they would have went down last season, and if wasn’t for the new manager bounce they would have. Overall their squad isn’t really good enough, Ward-Prowse and Yoshida are only the real players on any quality, and who I would take for our team. If they don’t go down this season then it will only be a case of their being 3 teams being shorter than them, much like us.*

Yes I realise what I said is obvious, but I think people know the point I’m making is that they/us wouldn’t necessarily stay because they/we have any real quality, but due to the lack of quality in other teams.

Villa are so much better than us it's actually disturbing. Decent start against Man City.

Like Grealish a lot more when he's drifting in from a wider position as he is today. Looks far more effective from there.