The other games today 2019/20

Greg

In the season when we nearly won the Premier League, Leicester were playing in League 1.  We were light years ahead of them in terms of finances, support, size of stadium, performance on the field, and everything else.  Ashley arrived after the 2006-07 season, when we had just finished 13th in the Premier League, and Leicester had finished 19th in the Championship -- still miles ahead of them by every measure. In 2010, Leicester were acquired by new owners, not significantly wealthier than Ashley. Now, as a result of good management by them and gross mismanagement by Ashley, they have joined the list of clubs that we "can't compete with."

Guest Howaythetoon

Southampton should never of sacked Puel... you reap what you sow. Mind I thought Leicester sacking him was harsh too. Clearly they are kicking on under Rodgers it has to be said, I’m still unconvinced long-term though, there is a capacity somewhere in him to go from hot or hero to cold and zero. I do like watching them play and it would be good to see them above the usual lot finishing in the top 4.

Nah, he miles better than Puel. Puel is too stuck in his ways and that style of passive possession (much like Rogers played at swans) doesn’t really work in the PL anymore. Fans had turned too.