The other games today 2019/20

Greg

I'm wondering at this point if there's actually a chance they'll just scrap it. It isn't working anywhere near to properly. The shortlist of 'biggest joke VAR decisions' must have at least ten contenders on it and we're only a quarter into the season.

I'm wondering at this point if there's actually a chance they'll just scrap it. It isn't working anywhere near to properly. The shortlist of 'biggest joke VAR decisions' must have at least ten contenders on it and we're only a quarter into the season.

Isn't it working according to their own criteria though? Seems to me that this idea of only correcting 'clear and obvious errors' is what's making them look bad, but that's actually how it was designed to work.

People assumed it would be there to get decisions right, spot fouls etc, but it's a lot more complicated than that (by design).

I don’t care enough about marginal decisions for it to ruin the actual best part of football which is celebrating a goal. Bin it off.

Pretty much agree with this, basically the best approach is to tell people to accept some mistakes from refs and suck it up. Sadly football culture is zero respect for officials and obsession over decisions to the exclusion of what managers and players do.

"You know what would really improve the best and most relatively significant moment in any sport? If we get a jobsworth to trawl back through the video frame by frame and try to find something wrong with it while everyone sits and waits for them to do it."