The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Liverpool finished 4th above NUFC back in 2005 and appointed Rafa, we appointed Souness.

2019 we replace Rafa with fucking Bruce.

Couldn’t make this shit up!

Liverpool finished 4th above NUFC back in 2005 and appointed Rafa, we appointed Souness.

God imagine if Rafa had replaced Sir Bobby in 2005 instead of Souness.

Not that anyone should have been replacing Sir Bobby least of all Souness :hmm:

Shepherd and Hall couldn't hire a manager really. They were lucky Keegan was already there, and then one of the best happened to support Newcastle and wanted the job. Every other appointment they made was horrendous.

Right to be replaced. Was 3 months too late though and the wrong manager came in.

Surely england have to have some success soon, just seems to be wave after wave of talented youngsters coming through.

Not with that short-armed charva in goal they won't.

Everyone on the pitch, in the stadium, watching the game knew that there was only one spot the ball was going if it was to be a goal.

It was a brilliant brilliant strike from the kid but the shot was not traveling at 300 mph. It was about curl and placement and there was a reasonable amount of time for the goalkeeper to react. If he had positioned himself decently, he could have tipped it over the bar.  No way to know but I am betting most PL keepers would have deflected that shot.

I think he is great at reaction saves but not that great at positioning and some of the more important fundamentals of goalkeeping. Add to this mix his mouth:

'I won't blunder like Alisson': Jordan Pickford

Last season all of a sudden, with no provocation whatsoever, he starts mouthing off about Allisson to the press. No one knows why.

Surely england have to have some success soon, just seems to be wave after wave of talented youngsters coming through.

Not with that short-armed charva in goal they won't.

Everyone on the pitch, in the stadium, watching the game knew that there was only one spot the ball was going if it was to be a goal.

It was a brilliant brilliant strike from the kid but the shot was not traveling at 300 mph. It was about curl and placement and there was a reasonable amount of time for the goalkeeper to react. If he had positioned himself decently, he could have tipped it over the bar.  No way to know but I am betting most PL keepers would have deflected that shot.

I think he is great at reaction saves but not that great at positioning and some of the more important fundamentals of goalkeeping. Add to this mix his mouth:

'I won't blunder like Alisson': Jordan Pickford

Last season all of a sudden, with no provocation whatsoever, he starts mouthing off about Allisson to the press. No one knows why.

Agreed. The fact it went over him rather than around him makes it a bit of a positioning error imo. Superb strike but a lot of PL keepers would have got something on it.

Also that Chirivella is supposedly getting released, he's 22. Probably be an upgrade on what we have.

He isn't. Longstaff brothers are a much bigger talent. Chirivella has a manager and a bunch of coaches at the academy who know how to train youngsters into a pattern of play.

Right to be replaced. Was 3 months too late though and the wrong manager came in.

Wrong 10000000 years too early.

We weren’t exactly going to get someone that had just won the Spanish league and Uefa Cup and was one of Top 3 performing managers on the planet.

It was always going to be someone less than Sir Bobby.