The other games today 2019/20

Greg

A Feyenoord fan supporting Ajax in Europe seems mighty good of you. How common would you say that is amongst other fans?

Tbf I’d happily support Sunderland’s as they conquered Europe for England like our troops. Just never had the chance.

Guest neesy111

A Feyenoord fan supporting Ajax in Europe seems mighty good of you. How common would you say that is amongst other fans?

Tbf I’d happily support Sunderland’s as they conquered Europe for England like our troops. Just never had the chance.

For queen and country.

Fingers crossed they hold on, really wasn't looking forward to having to choose between spurs and Liverpool in the final.

Ajax all the way now

Choosing between Spurs and Liverpool is piss easy like :lol:

I have greater sympathy for Feyenoord but I wouldn’t class myself as a fan, grew up supporting PSV as a kid because my father supported them and worked for Philips. Moved to Rotterdam when I was 18 but didn’t get the Feyenoord bug like I got the NUFC one when I lived there 2004-06. I barely follow Eredivisie nowadays as the level is so bad, but can but applaud what Ajax are doing this year and hope it rubs off on Dutch football in general. We’ve gone to a miserable spell of late, worse of any in my lifetime.

I have greater sympathy for Feyenoord but I wouldn’t class myself as a fan, grew up supporting PSV as a kid because my father supported them and worked for Philips. Moved to Rotterdam when I was 18 but didn’t get the Feyenoord bug like I got the NUFC one when I lived there 2004-06. I barely follow Eredivisie nowadays as the level is so bad, but can but applaud what Ajax are doing this year and hope it rubs off on Dutch football in general. We’ve gone to a miserable spell of late, worse of any in my lifetime.

Fair :thup: I was thinking you were a full blown Feyenoord fan for some reason.

Quite ironic that youre Dutch, and unbelievable was said by Tim Krul 23 times after his Newcastle debut 👍

That’s where my nickname is derived from. Used to be Karate_Kuyt as some old timers may remember, from when we were forever scouting him and I was willing Newcastle to buy him from Feyenoord.

Wish we signed Tagliafico

We could have signed him for £8 million, but he is probably worth £30 million now and the club have the cheek to say Benitez doesn't enough value for money signings.  :lol:

Quite ironic that youre Dutch, and unbelievable was said by Tim Krul 23 times after his Newcastle debut 👍

That’s where my nickname is derived from. Used to be Karate_Kuyt as some old timers may remember, from when we were forever scouting him and I was willing Newcastle to buy him from Feyenoord.

Haha love it 😁

Surely Ziyech would start for Holland if he hadn't opted to play for Morocco?

Absolutely. We’re badly lacking creativity

I think it's rare that this happens where a top European country loses one of their players from immigrant background and it's a genuine loss. Was he just not getting in the Dutch team at 22 or was it a personal decision to play elsewhere?

I can probably only really think of Koulibaly who would similarly start for his country of birth but took the heritage option.

Bloody hell, that Ajax team are awesome to watch - risky but aggressive off the ball and so technically good and in-tune with each other in possession. Lethal finishing, too.

When Spurs have it at the back, Ajax have a bank of four attackers taking turns to press, but they've been breached a couple of times and left a lot of space just inside the final third. Liverpool will punish that but it's been great to watch tonight because Spurs aren't at the races at all. Moura and Son couldn't trap a bag of cement tonight.