The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Great call by the ref in the MLS game here- attacker has his shirt pulled when through on goal but tries to keep his feet but ultimately can't cleanly get his shot away. Ref pulls it back and gives a red card. If more refs made those calls, we could stop with players feeling they need to hit the deck to get a decision.

Late to the party but I thought the way City went about Watford in the second half of the Cup Final was bordering on unsportsmanlike.

Fine, beat them by 4, but what's the point in continuing to smash them?

I honestly thought it was like a super heavyweight knocking out a light middleweight and then continuing to punch them into the canvas.

I didn't enjoy seeing it one bit and struggle to see why Pep couldn't have just told them play keep ball after 4-0.

Guest chopey

Late to the party but I thought the way City went about Watford in the second half of the Cup Final was bordering on unsportsmanlike.

I honestly thought it was like a super heavyweight knocking out a light middleweight and then continuing to punch them into the canvas.

I didn't enjoy seeing it one bit and struggle to see why Pep couldn't have just told them play keep ball after 4-0.

No way, I take your point if it was a kids game and you dont want to see the poor little souls humilliated, but this is men against men earning thousands a week, every one of those Watford players should have come off the field knackered, half them just game up cos "whats the point"

Isn't it outright disrespectful to just go easy on them and treat them like a wounded puppy? As a professional against them that must hurt more then a top side playing at their best.

Could have taken a man off to make it a bit more even or next goal wins too.

Stopping scoring as you feel sorry for the opponent is aids sorry.

The game is about entertainment. The more goals the better.  It always annoys me when a team takes their foot off the gas and stops going for goals once the game is 'won'. Would you rather watch them pass the ball around at the back for 30 minutes?

You what :spit:

If Watford respected the defensive side of the game they wouldn’t have got totally and utterly humiliated like that :lol:

Just glad I don’t have to watch us get humiliated like that.

Would we have got beat in that manner absolutely no chance becuase we have a manager who respects that part of the game.

These sides love getting the love in every week for open expansive football they need to take it on the chin when that style gets thumped like it mostly does against the Big 6.

The most successful way to beat Man City is the way us and Crystal Palace did with 30% possession low block and being good in quick transitions/counter attacks.

You play them at their game they will love it and humiliate you.

:serious:

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxUPGceCHrPMjN9IB6E%2Fgiphy.gif&key=a19fcc184b9711e1b4764040d3dc5c07