The other games today 2019/20

Greg

A manager who wins things not telling his team to be all sweetness and light giving opposition players gentle cuddles? What a shock!

I mean seriously, it's not exactly a secret what for instance Busquets role was in his Barcalona. It's not like he's sending his team out to break opposition legs either. Says more about Pellegrini that tbh whom I've never had anything but respect for previously but claiming Guardioloa side is dirty and that's why you got thumped 5-0? Need to be a bit street wise.

I agree with that of course, but it's the refs job to manage the fouling in a game and persistent fouling needs to be clamped down on, but does anyone really want their team not to be a bit cynical with tactical fouls? Can you defend at the level City do without some skirting at the edge of legality?

It says something that Neil Warnock's side are at the bottom of that. High press is going to cause more fouls. I agree it's worth saying that their brilliant football isn't some wide eyed idealistic footy, it's built with cynicism as well but not exactly going to be telling next generations that guardioloa's teams were a bunch of dirty cloggers either

Pellegrini has accused Man City of committing too many tactical fouls. I have seen a few managers say this about Guardiolas teams now. Are there any stats that show this to be the case?

https://www.football365.com/news/dirty-city-solskjaer-was-right-to-call-man-city-on-tactical-fouls

Thanks. I also found this video to explain it further in detail. I was a bit surprised Burnley are the cleanest team according to the stats in the video.  :lol:

Pellegrini has accused Man City of committing too many tactical fouls. I have seen a few managers say this about Guardiolas teams now. Are there any stats that show this to be the case?

https://www.football365.com/news/dirty-city-solskjaer-was-right-to-call-man-city-on-tactical-fouls

Thanks. I also found this video to explain it further in detail. I was a bit surprised Burnley are the cleanest team according to the stats in the video.  :lol:

Two things; Ole can fuck right off about tactical fouls and Ashley Barnes is built like a shit house and goes down quicker than a cheap whore. Other than that top teams know when and where to foul, referees need to recognise this more.