The other games today 2019/20

Greg

How many hundred million is invested in this Barcelona squad?  So many flops.

This - they have shifted away from 4-3-3 since Valverde took over - the football is horrible - I have no idea how they will play Griezemann once Messi returns - their transfer business last 2 years has been shocking

He certainly seems like a transfer that was done just because and to serve a narrative rather than a project.

Don't really understand why Coutinho failed so quickly. Looks like it's done for him to go to Bayern on loan this season. Granted don't watch that much Barça, but few times I did he was good and certainly seems more the type to play in their system.

He certainly seems like a transfer that was done just because and to serve a narrative rather than a project.

Don't really understand why Coutinho failed so quickly. Looks like it's done for him to go to Bayern on loan this season. Granted don't watch that much Barça, but few times I did he was good and certainly seems more the type to play in their system.

Another who suffered as a result of Valverde changing to a 4-4-2 (basically Messi no longer wanted or could play on the right of a front 3) Coutinho was bought to replace Iniesta on the left of a 3 man midfield - instead he found himself pushed out wide, couldn’t impact matches from there and steadily lost his confidence

Barca should really adopt Rafa’s 3-4-2-1 system

Such a shame Athletic and Atleti are rojiblanco merchants. Both class clubs. Bilbao fully deserved their won tonight, Barça were shite in the first half when it was open and just as bad in the second when the game closed down.

Griezmann just doesn't fit I don't think.

Assume he replaces Suarez eventually but they’re going to shoehorn him this season which may well be awful. Reckon it’ll be a good title race this season. Real and Barça can’t defend and Atleti might finally twist...hopefully.

Valverde's a coward. Always goes for a 4th centre midfielder to defend rather than back his team.

A farce he kept the job after 2 champions league forfeits. But Bartomeu is just as bad.

Not sure when the elections are - it’s a shambles, regardless of the leagues he’s won - they have gone so far away from their own policy - Cruyff would have been fuming had he seen this football - whoever is in charge of recruitment needs to go to

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s staggering just how bad the big clubs can be at recruitment and then I realise just how much more bad we are at it :lol: