The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Guest neesy111

TBF Amazons coverage overall has been great

Hope they get more games next season.

If people pay for a sub they'll pay for the games.

Wrong.  It's just a loss leader for them.

The economics don't stack up.

Eh? :lol: I'm aware of what a loss leader is, but the economics are very simple in regards to subscriptions. If nobody subs they'll never do this again. If they gain a shit ton of subs because of this (see loss leader), they'll definitely buy more packages in the future.

Guest neesy111

Eh? :lol: I'm aware of what a loss leader is, but the economics are very simple in regards to subscriptions. If nobody subs they'll never do this again. If they gain a s*** ton of subs because of this (see loss leader), they'll definitely buy more packages in the future.

The subs won't anywhere cover the cost though.  They'll keep at this level and that's it.

There's no money to made in sports streaming.  See Dazn and 11 sports for how much money both have lost

It was about a minute out watching through Virgin TiVo box, was similar when watching the other night through the PS4 and FireStick. I couldn’t post in the match thread properly, twice I saw ‘great save’ about 30 seconds before Dubravka made one and the title was updated to 0-2 before the VAR decision on my stream. You expect that on a dodgy stream but not like that surely?

Guest neesy111

It was about a minute out watching through Virgin TiVo box, was similar when watching the other night through the PS4 and FireStick. I couldn’t post in the match thread properly, twice I saw ‘great save’ about 30 seconds before Dubravka made one and the title was updated to 0-2 before the VAR decision on my stream. You expect that on a dodgy stream but not like that surely?

30 secs is about correct.  It's var easier to broadcast content than stream content.

Ugh, rancid c***. What’s that c*** doing in the studio. Talking about basics like the basic c*** he is.

:lol:

Haven't a clue who this post is about but I've narrowed it down to Pardew, Sherwood or geordiedean

Ugh, rancid c***. What’s that c*** doing in the studio. Talking about basics like the basic c*** he is.

Haven't a clue who this post is about but I've narrowed it down to Pardew, Sherwood or geordiedean

Now TV is the same, BBC iPlayer is too, seems fairly standard. The only people who seem to have it sorted are the bookies, the streams on their websites are always almost in sync or within 5-10 seconds tops.

Yeah, last night our match was about 1 minute 30 seconds behind being live. On our first goal I heard my stepdads phone receive a notification, one that’s customised to cheer when a goal is scored, it also has a whistle for KO’s. I heard the cheer of his phone, was able to check on flash scores, and still have the whole of the build up for our first goal to watch.

In the 2nd half, it was about 40 seconds out. Again I heard the KO whistle of the notification from my stepdads phone before the 2nd half began on the stream. When it was revealed that VAR was looking at our 2nd goal I was once again able to check flash scores to see if they had given it.

Now TV is the same, BBC iPlayer is too, seems fairly standard. The only people who seem to have it sorted are the bookies, the streams on their websites are always almost in sync or within 5-10 seconds tops.

Guessing they’d need a TV channel for it to fully work then. Can accept Now TV and they like being a bit behind but Sky TV, BT Sport, etc is practically live.

Pards. Always Pards. Cheeky fucker had a black and white jumper on too, sickening.

From bbc

Yes, unfortunately you're going to see things a short while after they actually happen, so if you don't prepare properly you might know about a goal before you see it hit the back of the net. This is normal with online streaming.

Analysts from streaming firm Phenix said Amazon's broadcast of the US Open was often up to 45 seconds behind the TV transmission.

The BBC has worked out how to eliminate streaming lag - but it could take years for that fix to be implemented.

So for the meantime, fans might have to avoid watching the games alongside Twitter updates, text messaging or BBC Sport goal alerts. Or even, gulp, put your phone down for 45 minutes.

From bbc

Yes, unfortunately you're going to see things a short while after they actually happen, so if you don't prepare properly you might know about a goal before you see it hit the back of the net. This is normal with online streaming.

Analysts from streaming firm Phenix said Amazon's broadcast of the US Open was often up to 45 seconds behind the TV transmission.

The BBC has worked out how to eliminate streaming lag - but it could take years for that fix to be implemented.

So for the meantime, fans might have to avoid watching the games alongside Twitter updates, text messaging or BBC Sport goal alerts. Or even, gulp, put your phone down for 45 minutes.

Yet I can play Rocket League with somebody in Australia without any problem.

That Everton midfield looks lightweight.

I like what he's done actually. I've always wondered why Silva never tried Sigurdsson more as traditional midfielder in a three to allow for Iwobi to start through the centre with him. Then just have Schneiderlin sit deep.

I like the idea. Will be interesting to see how they look this game.

I like what he's done actually. I've always wondered why Silva never tried Sigurdsson more as traditional midfielder in a three to allow for Iwobi to start through the centre with him. Then just have Schneiderlin sit deep.

Everton's twitter says playing 4-4-2 with Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson as the 2 centre mids.

Everton's twitter says playing 4-4-2 with Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson as the 2 centre mids.

Yikes! Theo and Calvert-Lewin up top as a little and Large?

That's even more of a change than I thought. Interesting still though.

If Richarlison and Iwobi play narrower it could work. They'd have to be very disciplined and compact defensively too.

I could see Theo really thriving though, as I think he's an old school player that really would have been fantastic striker back in the day alongside a more physical front man.