The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Gutted for Barca but even more gutted to have missed this. Sounds as iconic as the 7-1, let's see if Bayern peaked too soon.

7-1 Brazil? This was totally different - everyone knew prior that Barca were getting humped - they gave up when it went 5-2

If Thomas Muller scores twice against you, you go to be embarrassed.

Why? He is and has been a very good footballer.

Yes, I rate him, too. But as a goalscorer he's not that good.

Very good couple of articles about Thomas Muller, in case you or others are interested. Love this about him.

"Thomas Müller can’t beat you with his close ball control. He can’t beat you with his pace. And he can’t beat you with his dribbling skills. He just beats you"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/23/thomas-muller-modest-assassin-bayern-munich-germany#:~:text=In%20other%20words%2C%20M%C3%BCller%20can,a%20legendary%20namesake%2C%20Gerd%20M%C3%BCller.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/03/31/thomas-muller-the-first-and-possible-last-ramdeuter/

Can't see any of the remaining teams stopping this Bayern side like. PSG and City would both have to play at a level they've never reached in this competition before, even then I think they're too good going forward for them.

Got to say like, I'm really enjoying this last stages format for the Champions League.

Keep it, imo.

I've found it way less exciting tbh. The knockouts in the last few years have been amazing with all the second leg comebacks

It should be said too, Messi was an absolute disgrace last night. Completely anonymous apart from hitting the post which was meant as a cross anyway. Didn't help once defensively. Just looked like he couldn't be arsed.

For the first time I could see him leaving.

Guest neesy111

Muller is enormously underrated - hes been a massive assist provider recently.

Last 2 seasons he's been brilliant, went through a few seasons when he wasn't at his best.

Muller is enormously underrated - hes been a massive assist provider recently.

Last 2 seasons he's been brilliant, went through a few seasons when he wasn't at his best.

Aye - been watching some of his videos on youtube and its amazing how often hes completely unmarked either in the box or on the edge of it. Unreal postitional awareness.

It should be said too, Messi was an absolute disgrace last night. Completely anonymous apart from hitting the post which was meant as a cross anyway. Didn't help once defensively.

Messi's been playing like that for a while though, hasn't he? It looks like, by agreement, he's allowed to play in bursts and not contribute when the opposition have the ball.

Maybe it's just a fitness issue, and when you're the best player in the world, I guess a manager can make those sorts of allowances. But should anyone playing like that be the captain? He's not exactly in a good position to fire up his team mates, and Messi doesn't come across as a natural leader anyway.

Guest neesy111

Messi hasn't helped defensively since about 2011 :lol: Not sure what you were expecting

He plays like 50+ games a season and has done for like 13 years.  He's missing a few yards now.