The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Wolves 2-0 up. Could be 3.

Looks to me like Jimenez has gone up another level. That was the finish of a top level striker. I knew he was good but that oozed class.

Sheffield Utd will struggle this year.

Anytime I saw them last season they looked shit, or average at best. They always seemed to be that team who would luck out with a winning goal in games that should have finished level.

They were nothing special in their first game against us, and we’re shocking in their 2nd against us, even before they went a man down.

Anytime I saw them last season they looked shit, or average at best. They always seemed to be that team who would luck out with a winning goal in games that should have finished level.

They were nothing special in their first game against us, and we’re shocking in their 2nd against us, even before they went a man down.

Remind me of Stoke during their spell up here, minus the Rory Delap long thrown ins and Peter Crouch nicking the odd goal in the box.

It's almost as if signing players from Southampton and Wolves is a bad transfer policy for a side aspiring for top 4.

This is a weird point of view.

In isolation I mean. Obviously, players like Van Dijk are an exception.

It just seems as though a lack of ambition has taken them over.

That's how most top sides are built though, buying good players on the up from sides below you, unless you've got a blank chequebook.

Mane came from Southampton as well, Liverpool got Robertson from Hull, Henderson from the mackems, Wijnaldum from us. Who are Spurs meant to buy from if 7th placed Wolves are too shite?

Klopp is used to working with players like that. He knows how to create systems which make players like Robertson and Henderson look like world beaters. He has shown that again and again. Maybe Mourinho did that at Porto, but I dont remember him creating great teams for lesser players. His MO has been taking very good to great players and creating unbeatable teams.

Guest Cheesy Beans

For all the money Chelsea have spent this summer, the defence they've put out tonight looks awful.

Arrizabalaga should be nowhere near a team hoping to win a title.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Chelsea will hardly be aiming to win the league this year I'd have thought. They're still a fair bit away from City and Liverpool.

Well, that’s why I said ‘hoping’ rather than ‘aiming’.

Top four will obviously be the aim, but if you finish in the top four you’d like to hope you have a shot at going all of the way. Plus I don’t think Liverpool will be anywhere near the force they were last season.