Arsenal 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 01/04/19 - Post-match reaction from page 14

BlueStar

So is this Dokko fella the new GeordieDean?

Wait, what? You mean the very same TT that's been on here longer than you is new? :lol:

I don't know, just noticed the angry tone in the posts today :lol:

Didn't realise Arsenal's home form was so good, only dropped 7 points all season

I thought defensively and team shape wise we held up well against the Premier League’s joint 2nd most formidable team at home :thup:

To limit Arsenal to just 7 attempts at home must have been their lowest shot totals at home all season.

And for Arsenal to have 0 attempts and 0 shots on target as far as 30 minutes into a home game is unheard of.

Thought Shelvey should have came on at 1 v 0 late on though to offer us some good forward passes.

Didn't realise Arsenal's home form was so good, only dropped 7 points all season

I thought defensively and team shape wise we held up well against the Premier League’s joint 2nd most formidable team at home :thup:

To limit Arsenal to just 7 attempts at home must have been their lowest shot totals at home all season.

Thought Shelvey should have came on at 1 v 0 late on though to offer us some good forward passes.

I was thinking this too, we were clearly pegged back and our best chance to get anything would have been a ball over the top to Almiron, surprised Shelvey didn't make an appearance tbh.

Guest godzilla

I was thinking this too, we were clearly pegged back and our best chance to get anything would have been a ball over the top to Almiron, surprised Shelvey didn't make an appearance tbh.

Shelvey is the best midfielder we have, Longstaff may change that, but surely he is a better option than Diame or Ki. Shelvey would also be the perfect foil for Almiron to make use of his pace and running as he is the only one who can pick a ball out.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

We were far below our best today, but Arsenal are hunreal at home. First time they've won ten on the spin at home since they left Highbury, so they're in amazing form. Move on to Crystal Palace at home

Typical Rafa game plan tonight like. Keep it tight and try and nick something at the end. Just as they scored the second was when we were trying to make a push for it. Actually felt for a minute or two that we could sneak a point there, despite being second best all game. That's just what Rafa does.

Was surprised when Ki came on instead of Shelvey like, but I'm sure Rafa knew what he was doing.

Was first games n all wasn’t it?

Lost to Man City, then drawn with Liverpool and Wolves at home. Won the rest.

Guest reefatoon

thought ritchie was good defensively.

s*** going forward.

rondon was a real handful at times in the first half.

and thats about it.

I only watched the first half and Rondon was awful. Easily his worst game for us. Couldn’t hold or pass. Looked a million miles away from the player we have been watching.

Went to this yesterday and when I saw the Arsenal line up thought we had a sniff of a chance.

Nope. Was a classic away performance of trying to keen it tight then maybe push the last 20mins but we never even got close to them. Would have been a bit of a wasted trip given the entertainment on show, but was livened up vastly by the introduction of Ki in the second half.

There was a couple of Korean fans behind me who pretty much starting squealing when he came on which was probably the highlight of the game from our perspective. :D

Went to this yesterday and when I saw the Arsenal line up thought we had a sniff of a chance.

Nope. Was a classic away performance of trying to keen it tight then maybe push the last 20mins but we never even got close to them. Would have been a bit of a wasted trip given the entertainment on show, but was livened up vastly by the introduction of Ki in the second half.

There was a couple of Korean fans behind me who pretty much starting squealing when he came on which was probably the highlight of the game from our perspective. :D

I honestly saw Ki do the sum all of nothing yesterday. Maybe I just saw it differently but he seemed unable to make a tackle or pass it decently until maybe 2-3 towards the very end. Game was crying for Shelvey to ping it quick and forward imo.

the ritchie/almiron conspiracy is starting up in the media.

mentioned in the chronicle.

on a couple of occasions last night it was just too obvious that there is something actually up between the two of them.

I really enjoyed how not a single player of ours could seemingly complete a pass. Hopefully no other teams press us, based on last night

Just having a look and our best passer (Lascelles) would've been their 2nd worst outfielder.

Obviously it's been said by basically everyone but aye, our passing was abysmal. Much of the passing itself was hopeless but the front three are as much to blame as anyone else. Particularly Rondon who barely seemed interested in coming deep for the ball. He controlled a number of passes into him quite well, but when they've got us so tightly contained the CF needs to be doing more to find space or simply come back for the ball.

Couldn't for the life of me understand why Shelvey didn't get a kick. If he's not featuring in games like that where we're absolutely desperate to get someone on the ball, I worry for his future with us. We got progressively worse with every sub last night.

No panic because Arsenal were really good, but I hope we pick our arses up otherwise it's going to be a dismal end to the season and everyone will be slittting their wrists come May. Momentum is important - not just for on the field matters.

Guest godzilla

I really enjoyed how not a single player of ours could seemingly complete a pass. Hopefully no other teams press us, based on last night

Just having a look and our best passer (Lascelles) would've been their 2nd worst outfielder.

Yikes. Not surprising though based on how it looked last night. Arsenal were canny but I mean it was pretty much easy for them, press any of our players and they give it away

Was the worst display of passing I've seen for a long time, they couldn't even pass the ball 5 yards to their own player.