Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

As a collective we are proper f***ing weird like.

"Breaking news coming out of Newcastle...."

Everyone - "AND? AND? AND? HOWAY, GIVE ME MORE NEWS NOW!"

Like children really. I totally get the super charged emotional side of it all, just find it very weird that people will be sitting at work F5'ing the s*** out of every website known to man. It's not like you're going to miss the announcement when / if it hapopens :lol:

Haddaway man, potentially getting rid of Mike Ashley ffs, it's like a bit important if you are an NUFC fan :lol:

Gone from half brother to cousin to no relation, how in the hell can they get it so wrong if all the rest is true

Actually he went from cousin, to half brother to no relation, back to cousin and no relation again.  The original source always said he was his cousin and never changed that story.  The rest have just talked shite and can't decide what they think.

Guest The Little Waster

Relax it’s all bullshit ... Ashley’s here forever , Rafas leaving , but don’t forget to renew yer season tickets whilst the bs continues

Been reading about it and just to be clear, hes a DISTANT relation to the royal family and although not actually a cousin, hes as good as.

Hes also worth shit loads of money, so I wouldnt worry. Read geordie Dentist for more accurate information.

Edit: Read above. The key point is, the guy isn't going to struggle for funds.

Gone from half brother to cousin to no relation, how in the hell can they get it so wrong if all the rest is true

Actually he went from cousin, to half brother to no relation, back to cousin and no relation again.  The original source always said he was his cousin and never changed that story.  The rest have just talked shite and can't decide what they think.

Was about to post similar.

It's only the likes of downie, hope etc who said brother while they've been trying to stay relevant.

Been reading about it and just to be clear, hes a DISTANT relation to the royal family and although not actually a cousin, hes as good as.

Hes also worth shit loads of money, so I wouldnt worry. Read geordie Dentist for more accurate information.

No, no, no. He's a relation that the royal family have distanced themselves from.

Hes also worth s*** loads of money, so I wouldnt worry. Read geordie Dentist for more accurate information.

It just seems like he is the face of this Bin Zayhed Group who probably have lots of money.

There's no doubt that Sheikh Khaled is part of the Emirati elite, as several people have already stated he's a distant cousin to Mansoor. You can access all the relevant press releases related to the family on their official news portal: http://wam.ae/en

It's just that he's considered relatively, for lack of a better word, insignificant in terms of actual wealth and influence in the region. This is underscored by the fact that he's consigned to dogsbody roles such as the head of the 'Board of Directors of Zayed Higher Organisation for Humanitarian Care and Special Needs', basically the kind of dead-end positions that the family would throw to a pitiful hanger-on out of benevolence.

I posted yesterday to be wary, it's because the guy hasn't been very successful growing his businesses in the UAE, he owns a middling insurance firm and some property assets. However, he has a flair for publicity as evidenced by this partnership (https://www.zawya.com/mena/en/press-releases/story/GCOX_signs_MOU_with_His_Highness_Sheikh_Khaled_Bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan_to_expand_global_celebrity_token_footprint_to_the_Middle_East-ZAWYA20180502104648/) with a celebrity Blockchain company (which counts Michael Owen among its advisors  :whistle:) last year. 

My biggest doubt relates to him having access to sufficient funds to clinch this deal. I hope I am wrong and this goes through, as even if the guy isn't very rich, he'd definitely be more motivated and interested than Ashley to run the club properly so that it's self-sustaining.

Aaah so it's Mansours idiot distant cousin who may have some money but is useless with it and likes to hang around with celebrities to make him feel more important than he is

Sounds about right for us  :lol: