Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So after this has had a week to settle, how likely does everyone feel this takeover will go ahead?  I was initially excited and still hope for the best but I'm feeling about 50/50 right now. It seems genuine (ish) but at the same time ashley has cried wolf too many times in the past.

So, current gut feelings?

I’m convinced the interest is real, but I worry that the buyer is getting frustrated about the lack of progress caused by Ashley dragging his heels, and that this is the reason for going public. If it’s true this has been going on for months behind the scenes the Sheikh must be getting slightly edgy looking at the date with the Rafa situation unresolved and the transfer window closing in just over two months time.

Guest Open_C

if I was Ashley I would take it off the market the day after the window shuts and then maybe look to relist it about December time.

:lol:

I still believe, a bit (not least because most of the triumph and disaster in this thread is borne of people's bizarre belief that they have a right to be kept up to date)

Has any statement come out at all from any source other than the media? Like the whole “club confirms talks”; was that a club insider?

We have had no official statement from the club, but its roundly accepted that the BZG statements have been unofficially confirmed by the club to be tthe truth and there has certainly been no denial.

Other than that, it's been no-comment all the way.

It was Lee Ryder, who like him or not, has some contacts within NUFC and was told that the statements are true.

So after this has had a week to settle, how likely does everyone feel this takeover will go ahead?  I was initially excited and still hope for the best but I'm feeling about 50/50 right now. It seems genuine (ish) but at the same time ashley has cried wolf too many times in the past.

Not confident at all.

Make or break for me this, I can't follow a rafa-less SD United with Ashley still in charge. I'm currently 50/50 it feels like there's a lot of effort to play this down, but at the moment it's just unfounded "sources" through the media. They say there's no smoke without fire, but the problem is there's a lot of smoke coming from all directions, so where's the fire?

From Mark Douglas.

Judging by the noises I’m getting from the BZG camp I’d be surprised if that’s the case. They’ve steered clear of going into any details of the deal so far - perhaps because of an NDA, perhaps, the cynics might say, because there isn’t much substance to it - so I don’t think there’s much more for them to add now.

They say it’ll be two weeks before “Premier League processes” are complete and are urging people to wait and they’ve stuck to that since Wednesday. It would take something really significant to happen now for them to release another statement. Personally, I think the next word in this saga will come from NUFC. But what that will be, I don’t know.

It looks like this week will be quite regarding the takeover and we won't hear anything of substance for another 2 weeks. What exactly are these Premier League processes?

It's totally true that a day without news knocks like 10% off your confidence. By the time a week goes by, its like, na not happening.

Fuck knows but something will happen this week, if not with the takeover, it might be Rafa. Fingers crossed.

I'm 50/50 only because the Bin Zayed Group feel further along in the takeover process than previous takeovers. There is still a very good chance Ashley moves the goalposts again.

I'm 50/50 only because the Bin Zayed Group feel further along in the takeover process than previous takeovers. There is still a very good chance Ashley moves the goalposts again.

Aye. The positive view is we have a buyer putting out pretty convincing statements who seem to have reached a stage previous tryers never did. The negative view is it’s still Ashley we’re dealing with, and there’s absolutely no certainty he’ll not play silly buggers until a deal is officially confirmed. This summer will be massive for the club either way.

Aye. The positive view is we have a buyer putting out pretty convincing statements who seem to have reached a stage previous tryers never did. The negative view is it’s still Ashley we’re dealing with, and there’s absolutely no certainty he’ll not play silly buggers until a deal is officially confirmed. This summer will be massive for the club either way.

I think one thing in the Bin Zayed Groups favour this time compared to previous takeovers is it doesn't seem they will have to rely on outside backing to meet the asking price like Staveley and Kenyon had to. But like we all know Ashley could do anything. He could ask for something extra to the deal or take the club off the market as well.

There's some things to be hopeful of and some things to fear.

The lack of denials make me sure that something is happening, as does the certainty of so many from their end. The problem is we don't know how advanced it is and whether this will get done before Rafa leaves. Or at all, considering the history of either time wasters or Ashley waking up one day and just walking away.

Feeling less confident by the day, though.

You only have to see how many separate companies set up that make up the club as a whole to realise that any deal would be massively complicated.

Lee Charnley must be a director of about 30 of them. Wouldn’t all those companies need to be dissolved or what it is they do be transferred for a deal to take place?

The issue is the adamant nature of the BZG and those over in the UAE being contradicted by patter from the local journalists other than the bloke at the S*n. Our local journalists have either absolutely no clue, or have absolutely no clue and are being dicks about it which doesn't help the mood amongst fans on social media. Their 'sources' likely have no clue about issues such as negotiations of a takeover and are giving just their gut feelings similar to what many posters are saying in this thread; not making anything clearer and throwing everything up in the air. Just stick to what we know: they want the club, Ashley wants to sell, due diligence has happened, heads of terms have been submitted. Now we wait for the next update, good or bad. There seems to be an outright desire to have updates on minutiae regarding all this and that just won't happen. Bet if there are no updates within 2 days, there'll be at least one post about it either not definitely not happening or how iTs AlL kEiTh BiShOp Pr SpIn. Because that mong is definitely the sort to have ties to Emirati royalty.

Also just to note. Muslim countries quieten down for Eid al-Fitr on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week so if it’s being observed I wouldn’t expect anything to happen before the end of the week.

Also just to note. Muslim countries quieten down for Eid al-Fitr on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week so if it’s being observed I wouldn’t expect anything to happen before the end of the week.

Yep - Tues, Weds and Thurs

Yep - Tues, Weds and Thurs

It's Friday then!  :whatdidido: