Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Just a reminder ... the original Sun article starts with these words : " SunSport understands " ...

and then within one day they stated confirmed by the group, which is where we stand unless something else official is released.

The silence isn’t a bad thing for me, if anything it’s a positive.

Yep. It's not done until it's done, and if it's off we would hear something. So until it's confirmed as off, it's still on.

Check out @justinallen1976’s Tweet:

Not one of those facts is verifiable.

Also, all it actually suggests is that BZG know the price. They haven't paid for the club. "That paperwork" just refers to a bit of paper passed to the league stating the price agreed. Theres no requirement for the sale to happen at all. Anyone could sign that bit of paper.

That is if those FACTS are actually facts.

If it were any other club I'd say it would happen, but us? No chance.

Imma keep tweeting him asking how he knows they're facts.

That said that's my only worry, I'm not interested in getting bogged down in semantics and future scenarios where Ashley torpedoes the deal. For me if they've written the agreement, provided proof of funds and details are with the PL as this lad is claiming then it's done.

I disagree that none of the facts is verifiable; they all are if you have access to the evidence, which this Sun journalist may well have had through whomever leaked the story to him. If the PL has in its possession a head of terms document in which a price is agreed and which has been signed by Ashley and the other party than that's where we are (and according to the second statement have been for 6 weeks) and if this bloke has seen the document or seen credible evidence of its existence why should he not be allowed to state these are the facts. Because other journalists and fans don't have the access level he does and are bitter/anxious about it? If he has seen the evidence people being cynical about it/him doesn't change the facts, does it? We know his version of events has been validated in two separate statements from the buyer, which adds significant weight to his claims. My worry is not if these claims are true or not (they most probably are), but what progress has or hasn't been made since. We've been here before with Ashley, multiple times, although perhaps not quite this far. I won't be able to believe the club has been freed from Ashley's shackles until I read the club statement confirming it.

Even if they are facts it doesn't mean we're getting sold unfortunately, just means both parties have agreed on a price.

IF they have provided proof of funds AND agreed a price, it should be a formality.

I just don't believe this to be the case. It never is that simple with us (read, Ashley).

Guest chopey

I think the stars are aligning, Ashley is looking for cash, he has took back his loans from us and can now sell and make a tidy profit. It looks like he will screw us over on the land behind the Gallowgate but whats the betting the land becomes available if our new owners are looking to expand, it wouldn't surprise me if he took over another club though.

Also, all it actually suggests is that BZG know the price. They haven't paid for the club. "That paperwork" just refers to a bit of paper passed to the league stating the price agreed. Theres no requirement for the sale to happen at all. Anyone could sign that bit of paper.

That said that's my only worry, I'm not interested in getting bogged down in semantics and future scenarios where Ashley torpedoes the deal. For me if they've written the agreement, provided proof of funds and details are with the PL as this lad is claiming then it's done.

I disagree that none of the facts is verifiable; they all are if you have access to the evidence, which this Sun journalist may well have had through whomever leaked the story to him. If the PL has in its possession a head of terms document in which a price is agreed and which has been signed by Ashley and the other party than that's where we are (and according to the second statement have been for 6 weeks) and if this bloke has seen the document or seen credible evidence of its existence why should he not be allowed to state these are the facts. Because other journalists and fans don't have the access level he does and are bitter/anxious about it? If he has seen the evidence people being cynical about it/him doesn't change the facts, does it? We know his version of events has been validated in two separate statements from the buyer, which adds significant weight to his claims. My worry is not if these claims are true or not (they most probably are), but what progress has or hasn't been made since. We've been here before with Ashley, multiple times, although perhaps not quite this far. I won't be able to believe the club has been freed from Ashley's shackles until I read the club statement confirming it.

Even if they are facts it doesn't mean we're getting sold unfortunately, just means both parties have agreed on a price.

IF they have provided proof of funds AND agreed a price, it should be a formality.

I just don't believe this to be the case. It never is that simple with us (read, Ashley).

Your whole arguement is, "we have MA, therefore good things wont happen." While that is understandable, admirable even, it's going in the face of the said evidence.

Of course, you dispute the evidence but it makes it very hard to have a rational conversation with you, as you just say "I dont believe that," or "what about last time."

Ultimately, none of us "know" how far along this thing is, and all of us are sceptical to varying degrees. All I will say is, dont trample on peoples hope, because whether it goes through or not, just for a moment i am enjoying the fantasy of having MA gone, and I'm entitled to do that.

Your whole arguement is, "we have MA, therefore good things wont happen." While that is understandable, admirable even, it's going in the face of the said evidence.

Of course, you dispute the evidence but it makes it very hard to have a rational conversation with you, as you just say "I dont believe that," or "what about last time."

Ultimately, none of us "know" how far along this thing is, and all of us are sceptical to varying degrees. All I will say is, dont trample on peoples hope, because whether it goes through or not, just for a moment i am enjoying the fantasy of having MA gone, and I'm entitled to do that.

I'm not stopping you enjoying your fantasy, I'm just waiting for actual proof.

That's my point though, he hasn't indicated at all how he knows they're facts which suggests to me he's been told they are by BZG in the same vein as their statements. None of that explains why Ashley is so quiet, of course.

If contracts have been signed as the Sun journo suggests, then Ashley's role in this is legally over. Proof of funds is irrelevant, that's way in the past.

All that will be left is for the conditions precedent (such as the F&P test being confirmed by the PL) being complete, that's all very common. MA can't just change his mind.

What points to the deal is going to happen is that no one from NUFC has denied anything. That's usually the case if the deal is off.

But Ashley is impossible to read in theese situations and you never really know. Only time will tell i guess...

How long does the fit and proper test take? And when did it supposedly start?

It takes a week. My understanding is that the process needs to be instigated by nufc. It could be that BZG have submitted paperwork to nufc have not sent it on to the EPL.

It takes a week. My understanding is that the process needs to be instigated by nufc. It could be that BZG have submitted paperwork to nufc have not sent it on to the EPL.

Aye, if it is happening Ashley will leave it as late as possible to give us less time to get players in, the fucking cunt what he is.

:thup:

The remote possibility of this happening, despite all my cynicism, is a large part of what’s kept me going supporting NUFC in recent years. Once more we have committed buyers; the crucial thing as ever is if we have a committed seller. Only time will tell if we do this time, but the fact Ashley has been losing money in some of his other ventures just may be the deciding factor that makes this time different.

Aye, if it is happening Ashley will leave it as late as possible to give us less time to get players in, the fucking cunt what he is.

Or he’s hoping to flush out bigger bids and is stalling as long as possible before submitting it.

Guest godzilla

I'm not stopping you enjoying your fantasy, I'm just waiting for actual proof.

There is more indication something is happening, nobody knows nothing for sure, we can only go off the information which has came out and await official confirmation either way. Where is your proof it's not happening?

I think the stars are aligning, Ashley is looking for cash, he has took back his loans from us and can now sell and make a tidy profit. It looks like he will screw us over on the land behind the Gallowgate but whats the betting the land becomes available if our new owners are looking to expand, it wouldn't surprise me if he took over another club though.

A quick sale back to the club of the land behind the Gallowgate for yet another big profit for doing fuck all to it is almost guarenteed i reckon.

I thought silence was good as normally it would have been rubbished by now but there have been a few few rumblings from press about them talking a lot but not doing anything and is difficult to know if this is being passed on by the club.  I also think ashley probably negotiates off the cuff and had not told most the club what his intentions really are

Can anyone say how much this “group” are actually worth? I went trawling through t’hinternet there and couldn’t find anything but conflicting reports.

One report said they were worth up to 1 billion usd? Not exactly inspiring levels of wealth.

It takes a week. My understanding is that the process needs to be instigated by nufc. It could be that BZG have submitted paperwork to nufc and Big mike has binned it  :lol:

Takes a good while to print off a document that big with a dot-matrix tbf