Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest chopey

I think the BZG statement will come today as friday is a weekend in Dubai.

Hoping for a positive statement!

I don't think that.

I think the BZG statement will come today as friday is a weekend in Dubai.

Hoping for a positive statement!

Christ, I hope not. The twitter conspiracy theorists will have their tinfoil hats on, spouting off about how convenient it is that a takeover update statement was released on the same day as the season ticket renewal deadline.

Almost 2pm in Dubai so not expecting to see a statement issued today

Currently three hours ahead, during summertime, so it’s nearly 1pm. Plenty of time yet....not that I’m expecting anything.

Had another let down this morning, walking in to reception at work and sky news is on and the yellow ticker at the bottom of the screen was scrolling, all I saw on first look was 'football club.....announced.....new'..... my heart did a jump then crushingly saw it was about lampard.  :fool:

Guest Walter The Softy

Got it on good authority from a mate at the airport that Doreen Swine and Margaret Burgerbun (both 25) cut their holiday short and are heading back to buy the club.

Is that THE Margaret Burgerbun?  :naughty:

What time during the day did the two statements from BZG happen at the end of May?

:lol: You're in for a long day, mate.

I'm sure both statements were issued in the afternoon, so if you're feeling optimistic then there's still time yet.

Its obvious this takeover was never going to happen, but surely the reason there was "no comment" from the club was that any statement that BZG were timewasters would have a detrimental impact on the sale of season tickets.  Keeping fans hanging on thinking the club was going to be sold meant many fans would happily renew their ST

Of course this was all based on their assumption that Rafa would toe the line and sign his new contract.

Its obvious this takeover was never going to happen, but surely the reason there was "no comment" from the club was that any statement that BZG were timewasters would have a detrimental impact on the sale of season tickets.  Keeping fans hanging on thinking the club was going to be sold meant many fans would happily renew their ST

Of course this was all based on their assumption that Rafa would toe the line and sign his new contract.

The club verified their statement was accurate via the chronicle

Guest Gonzo

If a short term deal for any manager coming in is all that’s on offer, that has to be a sign that something will change in the near to mid future?

Just because the club confirmed the BZG statement was accurate doesn't mean Fatso had any real intention of selling.

Just because the club confirmed the BZG statement was accurate doesn't mean Fatso had any real intention of selling.

Aye true

Guest godzilla

He was only correcting you on what you said about the 'no comment' from the club regarding the statement.

I think he’s up for selling it but only at the exact price he wants with the exact conditions. All of which will probably be prohibitive and also any time a price is agreed and the deal is almost done, he’ll try to squeeze just a little more out of the buyer even if it risks the whole sale.

The club didn't sell him, his clause was met. And maybe, regardless of the takeover, Perez thought it was time for a new challenge.

That he chose Leicester as the new challenge is disappointing but La Liga clubs won't spend £30m on him so there's no choice for him.

Leicester are far more ambitious than us.

The club didn't sell him, his clause was met. And maybe, regardless of the takeover, Perez thought it was time for a new challenge.

That he chose Leicester as the new challenge is disappointing but La Liga clubs won't spend £30m on him so there's no choice for him.

Leicester are far more ambitious than us.

Aye it's not like they're Burnley.