Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Heard a bid is on the table. But not from our Middle Eastern friends. The return of stavely?

Must be about to extend the season ticket deadline, if that's what's being put out. :lol:

Lee Charnley said at the Premier League meeting it was business as usual and also has supposedly just got back from Europe talking to potential managers.. it's not looking to good for a takeover is it?

Iv been thinking surely there must be something happening for what's happened so far.. but if there are thousands of people renewing season tickets because they cant find anything to do on a Saturday, then why would he f*** off?

There needs to be real anger aimed at the c***.. but everyone is an individual nowadays, the only thing the working class had to beat the rich was numbers.

If we don't go together as a collective.. then we take up the arse until he decides to leave.

If its dead and BZG aren't coming out to say it, Ashley could actually come out, slate the sheikh, claims he is guarding the interest of NUFC and say no takeover until he is satisfied that someone can take the club forward further. Guess who wins again? Problem is, he is not doing that now. I wonder why?

Wouldn't be surprised if this is nothing but a PR stunt for BZG paid for to Ashley at just the right time before all the shit went down

Come on lads, its been stinking of bullshit practically throughout.

Ok, there is one. :lol:

Beat me to it :lol:

Although if you can be arsed you could look back through this mess of a thread and find a few who believe that is/was the case. (I'd personally rather shit in my hands and clap).

I couldn't and I wouldn't. Seeing people hopeful of what is blatantly not happening as its gone longer day after day is depressing.

Every passing day this has approached a period of time where it has made less sense for someone to come out with the public stuff that people associated to BZG have (deal done, welcome to premier league BZG and all that shit) for this to happen now.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and this goes through. Which of the recent events happening within NUFC suggest a takeover is about to happen? This ownership publicly stating search of a new manager surely can't be one?

Shut up with this PR Stunt crap. This isn’t some big evil Comic Book conspiracy. Get a hold of reality.

I don't read comic books. What reality is that? Because its been smoke and mirrors. Is this not the same group that were timewasters with Liverpool? What did they gain out of that besides publicity?

Sorry chaps, I (we) have been hopeful in the past only to be let down and lied to, its all hard to believe - but I don't share your enthusiasm and hope and that is why I don't keep up with it to the extent that you do.I hope I am wrong, but i've stated why I think what I think above.

I am certain that lack of support within the ground will have a negative impact on shirt and stadium advertising. No one wants BAD press.

If only FCB went on TV and done a Gerald Ratner.

Only the older members will remember that company and how he ended up broke in one single interview.

Yep I mean fancy admitting on TV your jewellery was cheap and nasty shite

Chronicle

“It's about six weeks now since the Bin Zayed Group's interest broke and then they released two statements in which they maintained there were in talks to buy the club and that a heads-of-terms agreement had been signed.

"We have had plenty of questions about how we've stated the 'no bid' has yet been placed, and what we mean by that is that although a price has been agreed in principle between Mike Ashley and the Bin Zayed Group, that has not yet equated to an actual follow-up bid arriving.

"A bid is far more complicated than that. A bid requires a thorough document outlining exactly what has been agreed, and then if accepted a group could reach the 'exclusivity' stage of takeover talks.

"None of the interested parties who are in talks to buy Newcastle United have yet reached the exclusivity stage. As things stand, Mike Ashley is owner, and he will be owner for the foreseeable future unless something changes.

"The club is still for sale, he wants to sell it and there are interested parties. But it doesn't look like anything is necessarily imminent in that regard, which will undoubtedly frustrated Newcastle fans further.

"Rafa Benitez in his interview with The Times earlier this week suggested that the takeover situation muddied the waters during his discussions over an extension because he didn't know who was going to be owner, and that is a real concern for Newcastle. Any managerial candidate who comes in will undoubtedly want these questions answered as well."

Ed: "The Bin Zayed Group claim that a deal is in the offing, so we've had questions asking why don't we trust them over the club?"

Chris: "Well the Bin Zayed Group said that they were close to buying Newcastle United. Six weeks on, and that hasn't happened yet.

"We're not saying the Bin Zayed Group shouldn't be trusted but, until six weeks ago, they weren't a group who anyone in the North East really knew anything about.

"Things haven't moved forward as they'd suggested they would, the owners' and directors' test has not been started by the Premier League yet - even if contact has been received from the Bin Zayed Group, they aren't at the final stage of buying the club yet.

"They may reach that stage in time, but there's been silence from the Bin Zayed Group for five weeks or so, even if there have been claims of further statements arriving, and Newcastle have been silent on the takeover situation. Newcastle haven't confirmed or denied the veracity of the Bin Zayed Group's statements.

"My understanding is there are other groups interested. Fans have been asking if we know the identity of any of those and have we had any contact with them. We have had indirect contact with one of them, and we know of at least one other group who are interested.

"There are at least three parties interested in buying Newcastle United but none of them have yet reached the exclusivity stage of the deal. That could change in the coming days, weeks and months - as I'm sure Newcastle fans hope it will - but as things stand Mike Ashley remains the owner, and it's Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley who need to find the new manager."

Guest The Little Waster

. " That could change in the coming days, weeks and months - years , decades , millennia ...

?

Guest The Little Waster

Time for a bath.

With a toaster.

Relax Ashleys 54 with a probable 54 inch waist , hes probably got less than ten years left before his heart explodes and were free ?

Guest chopey

Ashley gets a hard on owning us, pulling the piss out of us and making millions in the process, he must have made his money back 3 times over during the last 12 years, the club is not for sale.