Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

One of them reckoned he was told it by Lee Charnley at a wedding today  ;D ;D :crazy2:

Imagine loving someone so much you'd marry them, but hating everyone they know enough to invite Lee Charnley to the fucking wedding.

That’s 3 retards confident of a takeover tomorrow, hardly great odds.

More like 4 HBudFtx.gif It's me. I'm the 4th retard. I can't reveal my sources but it's on.

Guest Gonzo

Ideal. Gonna call in sick to work and sit on the couch with my hand down my jocks all day until it’s announced.

Then I’ll peel the wank sock off from behind the radiator and knock one out to a photo of Melhur Kidhat which will obviously be my new screensaver. The lush baldy cunt.

I predict it will be a day well spent.

More like 4 HBudFtx.gif It's me. I'm the 4th retard. I can't reveal my sources but it's on.

The hope is in there and it's in there good, Mike. No doubt it'll end me. You can have my taco bell lifetime achievement award. Deuce can have my Bernie 2020 thong.

I still feel a takeover is happening, purely because I don't see why BZG would associate themselves with a fake bid. What's their incentive? And they did set up Monochrome Acquisitions, which corresponds with Geordie Dentist's knowledge of a 'Project Monochrome'.

There's always time for Ashley to fuck them off but they've still not gave up. The silence says a lot to me.

It's much safer and painless to assume the worst but...... I dunno. Maybe I'm naive.

I still feel a takeover is happening, purely because I don't see why BZG would associate themselves with a fake bid. What's their incentive? And they did set up Monochrome Acquisitions, which corresponds with Geordie Dentist's knowledge of a 'Project Monochrome'.

There's always time for Ashley to fuck them off but they've still not gave up. The silence says a lot to me.

It's much safer and painless to assume the worst but...... I dunno. Maybe I'm naive.

I'm in this camp. Ashley should want to sell as this is the perfect time to make the maximum amount of £££ on us. However we know if it falls through it's purely down to him pulling the rug.

Honestly - and extremely optimistically - I think it's all very likely to be done, he's just trying to drag it out as long as he can to torture us. Laugh at the people who haven't renewed, they've lost their loyalty points in a futile gesture of opposition to him while he's made all the money etc.

Irrespective, no matter what happens I will keep an eye out for his fortunes and hope for him to face financial ruin and some other severe hardships. I'll be out for a heavy celebration the day he dies.

Guest Gonzo

What makes any of us think this crowd have the money? They look like a start up pretending to have done big things.

"We’ve got to get a manager on board – we don’t even know who to speak to any more.

"Alan Shearer is the favourite with a lot of the people trying to buy the club – at least that’s what we hear – but until something happens we don’t know who is in charge.

"The players are completely fed up and when that happens some will try to go somewhere more stable.

"It’s so frustrating – a (takeover) deal is always happening in a week’s time but this has been going on since last season. It’s like a scratched record going over and over. It’s getting on everyone’s nerves."

Nicky Butt, this day ten years ago. The last paragraph. :lol:

How far we've come. :aww: :aww: :aww:

Guest The Little Waster

Project Monochrome ? may as well be this

:lol: that emoji

Guest Gonzo

Read into this what you will, I may be missing something her but why wouldn't sky bet give odds for this?

David eager to lose his money

They just don’t have a market for it. It’s essentially red or black. Evens would be the best they could offer either way.

They make more money off daft punts on next managers.

Read into this what you will, I may be missing something her but why wouldn't sky bet give odds for this?

I think that's probably just something that's impossible to price with any accuracy. Most things you can give a stab at, but that's just impossible and also so open to abuse by anyone genuinely ITK. Just not worth Sky bothering, frankly.

It's passed the point of anything happening for me like. Too much of some source saying we should expect to hear something by the end of this week. Then another week and another week and...well, you get my point. They've had long enough to give us something, anything so in mind and my heart it's already dead in the water.

These snidy little sources give nothing, get regurgitated by everyone and anything desperate for a sliver of hope that will just never materialize.

At first I didn't believe it was all a work by ashley and his minions, and maybe it wasn't originally. I think he's seen how he can use it to string out desperate fans yet again though so he's running with it. Obviously not literally.

Want to be proved wrong but at this stage, especially with this "other buyers" absolute bollocks, I don't think its happening.

The only fascination for me, now, is whether or not Caulkin will be allowed to do what he's paid to do report who the 'other buyers' were, when it collapses. I imagine there'll be more important news to cover by that time.

I'm in this camp. Ashley should want to sell as this is the perfect time to make the maximum amount of £££ on us. However we know if it falls through it's purely down to him pulling the rug.

Honestly - and extremely optimistically - I think it's all very likely to be done, he's just trying to drag it out as long as he can to torture us. Laugh at the people who haven't renewed, they've lost their loyalty points in a futile gesture of opposition to him while he's made all the money etc.

Irrespective, no matter what happens I will keep an eye out for his fortunes and hope for him to face financial ruin and some other severe hardships. I'll be out for a heavy celebration the day he dies.

Oh aye he just wants to make a quick £100million. He has had 12 years of brand association with one of the biggest names in world sport. Performing in [possibly] the world's most televised competitions.

There is a reason why he wanted the club to be self-sustaining. If he's selling, he's selling cheap, to somebody that will allow him to maintain his brand association.

He has the perfect vehicle with everything that he needs, but he also has a football club which is an unnecessary burden.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not ITK or anything, but I think right now both buyer and seller are in the final stage of the takeover proceedings negotiating over the price and terms both must accept to conclude things. Proof of funds will have been met way back in the earlier stages and is something that the Premier League will have wanted proof of as well as part of the so-called fit and proper test which I think has already been done and approved.

Way back when all this began, whatever Mike Ashley was asking for the club or valued the club at, the whole process for the buyer from that point on is to determine whether that price is worth paying or not and it’s obvious they won’t be paying whatever price he wants based no doubt on their own independent valuation and any hidden terms, clauses or conditions such as loans from the owner to be paid back, retail exclusivity tied to SD or any other kind of issues that exist.

All of which will effect what they are prepared to pay. I’m pretty certain they will have at least made an offer, but they won’t be paying anywhere near the rumoured 350m for the club that’s for certain, even if Ashley was to remove himself and SD totally from the club and agreed to be paid in instalments.

I think this rumoured statement they planned to release is or was for announcing publicly their bid officially which they’ve submitted to Ashley and he’s blanked them outright forcing them to go public to put pressure on him or he’s thinking it over which they will delay making public if he accepts or counter offers.

And that’s where we are at. They have the funds, they’ve done their stuff, the PL have too, they’ve made an offer, it’s now in Ashley’s court to accept or come back with a counter offer and if both are genuine for this to happen, they’ll have to compromise somewhere in the middle.

For Ashley, they have the better hand and he’s already lost Rafa which a big chunk of the club’s worth and value rested on. Protests, lower crowds, no manager, the transfer window already on count down, relegation a real possibility... the club will only drop in value and I guarantee these are the only takers. Take it or leave it Mike.

As an aside, if MA is genuinely owed money he loaned the club which he isn’t and didn’t, technically and even legally, he would be in the right excluding this from any sale price which he can either use whatever money there is in the business to pay himself back ASAP, demand the club pays him it back at some other time even under new owners, in full, part, in time or negotiate they pay him and get it back from the business or the business gets a bank loan to pay him back. Or he could just sell a few players...

Of any issues of speculation, I think the small matter of I also want my money back as well, is a major factor above any other such as the club being locked into deals with SD etc.

And again, if he really is owed that, he should be paid back. He’d be mad to write it off and well within his rights to trade it for shares, SD naming rights or retail exclusivity if need be.

Mind, we’d be mad to believe he really did pump his own money in. He never. Just fucking sell you fat cunt, the games up, you win, you double your money.

Guest chopey

Another day another statement, and all the time getting closer to the start of the season. Reading between the lines the only positive I can see in this whole sorry saga is the fact that Ashley hasn't hired a new manager yet because the new owners want a bloke Ashley is not prepared to invest in, I'm still not hopeful tho and if it all goes tits up Keys and Co will come out in defence of Ashley anyway.

He's once again put himself in a situation where he can't lose and because we are all optsmists we believed the lot.

You’re both more positive than me.  I think it’s dead.  I think he’ll find some mediocre manager to take the job.  We will buy a couple 15 million quid players and a couple 6 million ones.  We will sell Longstaff.  The support will huff and puff for a while.  We will have a relegation battle season.  Crowds will dip a bit.  When the result matter in terms of survival and relegation fans will get behind the team.  We will survive, just.  The pr machine will spin ‘it’s a business”, “he doesn’t need to invest his money”,  “the buyers were never serious”.  It won’t feel as raw as right now in a years time.  We will continue in this limbo for another 5 years. 

And the kicker will be if we ever do get sold it will sell and truly be on his terms.  We will be tied up like a kipper for as long is legally possible keeping all of the benefits that sports direct currently have.  Premier league rangers.