Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

They're going to fly over Newcastle and letterbomb £100 notes. This is legit, my sources have told me this will happen on Friday, as proof of their funds.

You can certainly tell Caulkin writes for a paid subscription site.

He is the only with a half decent reputation imo.. probably doesnt want to blow it all by talking shite on twitter.

We literally only have to wait 2 days to find out if this is all bollox.

Either these guys are full of shit and nothing happens on Friday, Mike Ashley pulls the plug and doesnt entertain them even if they do show or the club is sold.

2 days? Why?

This is a sports presenter from Dubai and Im sure there was also a Dubai based lawyer said something similar.

It's where the Friday thing came from and there are supposedly private jets arriving into Newcastle from their on Friday according to some local rags.

The Friday thing’s a red herring. The lawyer was a fake account set up by a Man U fan.

Is it that Midhat guy you're talking about?

He is the only with a half decent reputation imo.. probably doesnt want to blow it all by talking shite on twitter.

Either these guys are full of shit and nothing happens on Friday, Mike Ashley pulls the plug and doesnt entertain them even if they do show or the club is sold.

2 days? Why?

This is a sports presenter from Dubai and Im sure there was also a Dubai based lawyer said something similar.

It's where the Friday thing came from and there are supposedly private jets arriving into Newcastle from their on Friday according to some local rags.

The Friday thing’s a red herring. The lawyer was a fake account set up by a Man U fan.

I think it was this dhalajmy guy who said it first, got a blue tick and seems pretty legit.

He’s from Kuwait though not the UAE and looks to just be retweeting stuff he’s heard.

Well Im banking on Friday  :D

some guy on totalsport says he lives in Dubai and its seen as seriously bad if the media over there reports something that isn't true and the talk over there is that it could be done as soon as Friday

There's no way this Bin Zayed Group would want to lose face with an aborted bid, as the concept of personal dignity, honour and protecting one’s reputation is very important in the Middle East, particularly in the business world.

It happen then?

2 days? Why?

Bit racist

2 days? Why?

Nah, the @dhalajmy guy above. The Friday thing came from the fake Midhat or fake lawyer twitter that was set up

The silence from our end has to be a good thing.

I am a little surprised it’s from the Middle East as it was reported that Ashley royally pissed potential new owners off with his antics back in 2008 and it was suggested they’d stay well clear in the future as Ashley was a nightmare to deal with. Ashley was touting us like a cheap trick and then went on the drink when he had a chance to attend a meeting.

I wonder if Staveley has had involvement in this current situation, she seems to be the go to person for the region.

I’m believing that this is happening, mainly because I believe Ashley genuinely wants to sell this time. It’ll be very interesting to learn of who has been involved. Has any journalist asked or commented on Staveley about the current shenanigans?

2 days? Why?

Nah, the @dhalajmy guy above. The Friday thing came from the fake Midhat or fake lawyer twitter that was set up

Yeah, that's what I meant. Because he never mentioned Friday I think. Just "over the next few days".

The silence from our end has to be a good thing.

I am a little surprised it’s from the Middle East as it was reported that Ashley royally pissed potential new owners off with his antics back in 2008 and it was suggested they’d stay well clear in the future as Ashley was a nightmare to deal with. Ashley was touting us like a cheap trick and then went on the drink when he had a chance to attend a meeting.

I wonder if Staveley has had involvement in this current situation, she seems to be the go to person for the region.

I’m believing that this is happening, mainly because I believe Ashley genuinely wants to sell this time. It’ll be very interesting to learn of who has been involved. Has any journalist asked or commented on Staveley about the current shenanigans?

I think Caulkin said she's not involved

“Sportsmail understands the Premier League have yet to receive anything from the group in relation to a process that would determine if they meet the 'owners and directors test' criteria.” #NUFC

“Sources close to the club have confirmed that a 'heads of agreement' document was submitted to the Premier League by Newcastle and was signed by both parties. This, however, informs them that a price has been agreed and does not trigger a formal takeover process.” #nufc

“There is actually some bemusement among several sources at the manner in which a group led by Sheik Khaled bin Zayed, and seemingly represented by Kidwai, are conducting their business via the media.” #nufc

some guy on totalsport says he lives in Dubai and its seen as seriously bad if the media over there reports something that isn't true and the talk over there is that it could be done as soon as Friday

There's no way this Bin Zayed Group would want to lose face with an aborted bid, as the concept of personal dignity, honour and protecting one’s reputation is very important in the Middle East, particularly in the business world.

That was always my impression of the culture over there, was quite surprised to hear that anyone with any sort of connections high up would be involved in bullshit like fake bids.

How much do you think Bishop pays the potential suitor each time, 4,5m seems decent compensation to be linked with buying us. E.g. all previously linked parties.