Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Probably declined to comment because he doesnt know nowt imo

He might not know much/anything more than we do, but I'm pretty certain he does know. Otherwise he would have said something about the contract talks and that its taking ages and blah blah stuff.

So this was all agreed in April and, for an undefined period of time, their 'fit and proper' test has been going on with the Premier League? No comment from the club or PL but that's not a bad thing - denial would be bad.

And this magical Friday coincides with several Dubai planes coming in and Ashley's return to the UK? Starting to accidentally get excited, knowing full well that Ashley has a history of randomly walking away from deals for no reason.

April? Huh?

It sounds like they signed the NDA in late 2018. Probably did some desktop due diligence up until we were declared safe by beating Leicester in mid April. They submitted their proof of funds which gained access to the data room, performed deep dive into the mystic “data room” and then probably within the last 1 or 2 weeks (my guess) they reached an agreement of terms on an official offer for the purchase of the club with MA and his attorneys. This document was then further signed by BZG and MA memorializing the terms of sale. That was then submitted to the PL probably sometime this week. The signed terms probably was the milestone that leaked to the Sun. Hence all of the media frenzy playing catch up. The owners and directors test or the “fit and proper” test likely hasn’t begun as the selling party has to submit that documentation to the PL and the buyer cooperates if anything is needed after the fact. I think there’s a 5-10 business day clock when all of that is submitted to get a final answer. MA and his team likely delayed sending anything early given his paranoia on this and it’s like the commercially reasonable thing to do - don’t submit change of control docs unless a deal is struck. 

/The above is my best guess based on what I’ve read about the process and understanding of how deals get done.

The test could have already started a week or two ago if things are on delay reporting. So Friday could be significant, or not. Again clarity from MA would be nice.

Wouldn't it be coincidental that The Sun's reporter broke the news on Sunday in anticipation that the deal was about to be finalised on Friday? I don't know but just my guess that they could have released the story on any other date or day since the negotiations started way back in April but he was told of the deal and chose Sunday as perhaps the deal is getting nearer to being announced?

Leave it to the experts at the Chronicle to analyse what Rafa declining to comment means.

Should be able to sum it up in 4 articles over the next few days.

Guest reefatoon

Be interesting to see Rafa’s body language in the video.

He looks like he knows something.

SlimyScaredIcefish-size_restricted.gif

Leave it to the experts at the Chronicle to analyse what Rafa declining to comment means.

Should be able to sum it up in 4 articles over the next few days.

So true :lol:

I`m still at a loss to where this "Magic Friday" comes from?

Other than hearsay & speculative tweets, who has decided that Friday will be the day of reckoning? what's the significance (leaving aside Airport / Ramadam etc. pots in the dark) of that day?

Guest chopey

I think wor Lee is asking the wrong person, Newcastle United football club and Mike Ashley are two totally different entity's

If Rafa's demands were to difficult for Ashley to meet, could this be the latest stunt they're pulling to trick him into agreeing a deal? Basically saying the new owners want to be clear you are tied down to a contract before they buy and then that way if he doesn't agree the blame of no sale is on Rafa, if he agrees to a shitty deal with MA thinking its only short term then the deal collapses and the wankers have him trapped?

Or is this theory to far fetched.....

This is exactly the sort of shit Ashley would try to pull. Rafa wouldn't fall for it, but if he left and got blamed for a takeover collapsing, enough people might fall for it to continue filling the stadium.

On a related note, how are Rafa's contract talks going?  :lol:

It's not like this would have came out of the blue to the club just the other day, so why the fuck did we spend a week talking to Rafa to not conclude anything? Its suspicious as fuck. Especially given this regime's history, all of which gives cause for concern.

What kind of Heath Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight level of counter-planning mastermind do you guys believe Ashley really is? He's a denim goblin who got rich shifting shit socks and exploting employment contract loopholes ffs :lol:

It's not necessarily how clever Ashley is, but the sort of twats he surrounds himself with. Bishop etc.

Besides I wouldn't put anything past these lot.

I would rather Benitez become a free agent than agree anything prior to this alleged takeover. Then if it is true negotiate a fresh deal with the new owners.

Basically as daft as it sounds, I don't trust Ashley's mob, and they probably are more crafty than the joker. ???

Guest chopey

Can we have a poll to see if people think this is happening or not?

My next door neighbour is a Pole I can as him if you want