Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

also used in Scrum if people are doing different roles

i personally despise 'blue sky thinking' and, worse of all, 'touching base'...always reminds me of touching cloth

Apologies for the generalisation but my personal experience is that recruiters are the biggest bullshitters I deal with in business :lol:

Pretty fair generalisation :lol:

Thought showers was another, now thankfully defunct corporate bullshit phrase.

We always used to print out these (bit old now but you get the meaning) and play bullshit bingo in the opening plenary session with the GM at conference, until some knackered decided to jump up and shout ‘house’.

http://i.imgur.com/CqhrV21.jpg

You dont have the best one on there.....SYNERGY. I work in a corporate oil and gas office here in the US and some of these corporate bullshit words boul my piss to extreme levels. Only last week during a meeting I had one of the superintendents say to me " the water is low and the rocks are showing" apparently he meant we are in the shit. This cunt is a proper blue sky thinking ladder climber

It’s always the ladder climbers that spout this kind of shit. They want to sound clever to impress people above them and love to hear themselves talk.

We should connect offline and do some disruptive ideating about the optics of shifting the paradigm for metrics in the club takeover space.

Optics! That’s another one doing the rounds at the moment.

'...shifting the paradigm...'...shudder....

i work with a lot of folk in the US, that does crop up a fair bit

and Synergy...basically, we're going to lay some folk off.

Apologies for the generalisation but my personal experience is that recruiters are the biggest bullshitters I deal with in business :lol:

Pretty fair generalisation :lol:

Thought showers was another, now thankfully defunct corporate bullshit phrase.

We always used to print out these (bit old now but you get the meaning) and play bullshit bingo in the opening plenary session with the GM at conference, until some knackered decided to jump up and shout ‘house’.

http://i.imgur.com/CqhrV21.jpg

You dont have the best one on there.....SYNERGY. I work in a corporate oil and gas office here in the US and some of these corporate bullshit words boul my p*ss to extreme levels. Only last week during a meeting I had one of the superintendents say to me " the water is low and the rocks are showing" apparently he meant we are in the s***. This c*** is a proper blue sky thinking ladder climber

It’s always the ladder climbers that spout this kind of s***. They want to sound clever to impress people above them and love to hear themselves talk.

I feel you could engage in a more purpose-driven implementation of the takeaways from this, LV.

This American has his ear to the ground and his head in the weeds.  But when I take a 1000 foot view I see that the deal will be unofficially announced tomorrow and officially announced on Tuesday, although the process will go on for a few more weeks as previously alluded too.

The key is Rafa.  If they can get his quick buy in, he can start the heavy lifting and bring players in.  Low hanging fruit first, then drill down for more.

I'll circle back as I get updates.

:lol: I work in Agile but only my department. The rest of my company doesnt. Agile has its annoyances but the concept of getting away from management tripe is a good one. Going in to meetings with other departments and managers is a fucking nightmare. Full of 'action points', 'point of contacts', 'agendas' etc. There is one guy who is literally like that management talk superhero comic someone posted on here.

Run it up the flagpole, see if the cat sucks you off.

This line was brilliantly delivered by the great Mel Smith in Filthy, Rich and Catflap as Richey was pitching his awful game show formats. Followed by "lets fly your ideas past the observation tower and see which one develops engine failure". Seems wanky management speak was ripe for pisstaking as soon as it was a thing in the 80s

Guest firetotheworks

OK now lock the fucking thread please.

Can't believe you didn't suggest that we take this offline

Guest godzilla

If that is recent it's canny cleaning job that mind, but the question has to be asked when was the photo taken.