Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Why do some people cling on to hope that Stavely would be part of any bids for us? Why would she and her group be better than BZG? Genuine question. I don't mind any of those two or even anyone else like the Speedy Gonzales group to takeover. But journos, especially Douglas are adamant there is another group and that BZG aren't good for the club for some reason.

Staveley hasn’t done all that much since lucking out with that Barclays finders fee.

Google PCP Capital partners and all of the news stories are about trying to buy us. Not one newsworthy story since last year. I find that strange.

Bin Zayed Group on the other hand are involved in lots. And this is the thing, it’s a conglomerate or group of companies we don’t have the full list of companies so we’re not seeing what individual ones are doing on a year to year basis. The Sheikh will own somewhere between 25 and 50 percent of the club, the rest all the other members of the group.

You can’t compare the two.

Guest chopey

I'm still not convinced Ashley is a willing seller, in Rafas three years at the club he has made a profit of nearly £10 million and we now have four or five assets that could be sold for a good chunk of cash, he has took out £33 million this year alone and with a patsy in charge and 52000 filling the ground paying 25 % more than two years ago, every week to escape their wives I see no end to this cash cow.

Rafa is a thorn in his side and come next week that will be removed and the tyre kickers will fade away in time for another season of nothing.

I'm still not convinced Ashley is a willing seller, in Rafas three years at the club he has made a profit of nearly £10 million and we now have four or five assets that could be sold for a good chunk of cash, he has took out £33 million this year alone and with a patsy in charge and 52000 filling the ground paying 25 % more than two years ago, every week to escape their wives I see no end to this cash cow.

Rafa is a thorn in his side and come next week that will be removed and the tyre kickers will fade away in time for another season of nothing.

All well and good until you get relegated.

Spot on

Guest chopey

There's not going to be 52000 this year.

That's what I thought but everyone that sits around me has already renewed

Agree with this. He's even shown he's prepared to take the hit of relegation if it's just for a year. He's a gambler, it's how he operates. Aside from that he makes a fortune out of NUFC, and that's before you account for the SD advertising. I still dont believe he's going anywhere soon but time will tell I suppose.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/sport/2019/06/greed-only-reason-why-mike-ashley-wouldn-t-sell-newcastle-summer

This is the reason why there is a chance he won’t go.

The problem with the theory that Ashley's sticking around (and I haven't planted my flag anywhere yet) is that making the 10m pa over Rafa's tenure is wholly and solely down to Rafa being a genius, both in the transfer market and keeping our assorted barely-PL standard players in the league.

I accept that Ashley is likely arrogant enough to think that he is in fact the genius making it possible, and that any old hack can be a manager. He's oblivious to the ripple effect Rafa leaving will have on the staff and the players. There is no manager in the world who would take the job who could keep the current squad up under Ashley - or even with Ashley approved additions (which do not include Rondon). Holding our squad together was little short of a miracle at times, and the daft fuckers who want rid might just find out soon enough - if Ashley really is holding on.

The problem with the theory that Ashley's sticking around (and I haven't planted my flag anywhere yet) is that making the 1m pa over Rafa's tenure is wholly and solely down to Rafa being a genius, both in the transfer market and keeping our assorted barely-PL standard players in the league.

I accept that Ashley is likely arrogant enough to think that he is in fact the genius making it possible, and that any old hack can be a manager. He's oblivious to the ripple effect Rafa leaving will have on the staff and the players. There is no manager in the world who would take the job who could keep the current squad up under Ashley - or even with Ashley approved additions (which do not include Rondon). Holding our squad together was little short of a miracle at times, and the daft fuckers who want rid might just find out soon enough - if Ashley really is holding on.

👍👍👍

The guy is a fucking moron like, in business and personally. Imagine not being able to realise the opportunities for a sports retailer by having a wee run and successful football club. But nah, he’s a great businessman because he treads on the exploited without recourse.