Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Have I missed the statement that was getting released?

think they released a short statement stating that the statement which was stated to be released yesterday is now stated to be made at some point. i'm not sure if this statement is a response to the statement made from the buyers or a standalone statement in which NUFC state their stated position

think they released a short statement stating that the statement which was stated to be released yesterday is now stated to be made at some point. i'm not sure if this statement is a response to the statement made from the buyers or a standalone statement in which NUFC state their stated position

State of that.

State of that.

:pow:

that's why no-one reads my emails at my work...

I’m spitballing here but maybe sales of players and agreement from buyers that these deals and their fees lower the price  (and MA keeps the money from these sales) in lieu of agreeing to advertising rights etc could help effectuate a sale.

In other words MA thinks his SD advertising is worth 30m of value. Buyer does not agree. He sells Ayoze for 30m. Agrees to adjust price accordingly and keep said incoming fee or portion there-of. Buyer pays less at closing.

Absolutely desperate post I know. 

Big Mike has got his cock out on a beach in Bermuda laughing till he hoys up into his penis colada while we all sweat on what increasingly looks like a phantom takeover.

I cant wait for this to be locked, for everyone's sanity (Not least mine!)

I’m spitballing here but maybe sales of players and agreement from buyers that these deals and their fees lower the price  (and MA keeps the money from these sales) in lieu of agreeing to advertising rights etc could help effectuate a sale.

In other words MA thinks his SD advertising is worth 30m of value. Buyer does not agree. He sells Ayoze for 30m. Agrees to adjust price accordingly and keep said incoming fee or portion there-of. Buyer pays less at closing.

Crossed my mind too Kanji[/member]. Would be a very sensible way of killing any of the add-on type clauses he'll inevitably want. It would, however, raise a fairly large question mark around the buyers resources if they were willing to cede this.

Big Mike has got his cock out on a beach in Bermuda laughing till he hoys up into his penis colada while we all sweat on what increasingly looks like a phantom takeover.

I cant wait for this to be locked, for everyone's sanity (Not least mine!)

Doubt it'll be locked, will just change it back to the Mike Ashley thread....the joys!

I don't go on Twitter, have people just been relentlessly harassing him about the statement? :lol:

I get that people are desperate for good news, but do people really think they're going to get anything extra/some sort of exclusive by hounding him?  Or if people are calling it bullshit, at least give it till the end of the week.  Like the whole Midhat Whatsapp carry on, I just don't get it.

:anguish:

Gonna be saying we are great supporters but they couldn't get a deal done, isn't it?

Given how the club came out to confirm Rafa was leaving a week before his contract ended, I’m of the opinion any bad news would be broken by the club first.

Gonna be saying we are great supporters but they couldn't get a deal done, isn't it?

Given how the club came out to confirm Rafa was leaving a week before his contract ended, I’m of the opinion any bad news would be broken by the club first.

Are you saying there's still a chance?

Crossed my mind too Kanji[/member]. Would be a very sensible way of killing any of the add-on type clauses he'll inevitably want. It would, however, raise a fairly large question mark around the buyers resources if they were willing to cede this.

Ya or they want to lower their up front investment to spend that cash on players and infrastructure.

Yep, it was Ashley who ended the talks with Staveley, then she followed it up with her interview with Caulkin.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-takeover-off-mike-ashley-amanda-staveley-owner-walks-away-talks-a8162916.html

A source close to Ashley has said: “It is only right to let the fans know that there is no deal on the table or even under discussion with Amanda Staveley and PCP. Attempt to reach a deal have proved to be exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time.”

Yep, it was Ashley who ended the talks with Staveley, then she followed it up with her interview with Caulkin.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-takeover-off-mike-ashley-amanda-staveley-owner-walks-away-talks-a8162916.html

A source close to Ashley has said: “It is only right to let the fans know that there is no deal on the table or even under discussion with Amanda Staveley and PCP. Attempt to reach a deal have proved to be exhausting, frustrating and a complete waste of time.”

Yes but BZG are running out of time. The club is a shambles, no manager, no coaching staff, 1 striker, players start pre-season tomorrow. 5 weeks till transfer window closes. They may decide to pull the plug because it’s too much of a risk

Yes but BZG are running out of time. The club is a shambles, no manager, no coaching staff, 1 striker, players start pre-season tomorrow. 5 weeks till transfer window closes. They may decide to pull the plug because it’s too much of a risk

Ashley will point out that we have 3 strikers. How many do we need?

Nah.

"Humbled by the support, still committed and doing everything they can, other factors at play but still hopeful"

Yeah probably something that still leaves us in the dark