Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

After 33 years of going to the games, 25 as a season ticket holder I’m out. I know one person who is genuinely making themselves poorly over the whole fiasco and another who has become obsessed with the whole takeover to the point he’s been reprimanded at work over it.

Come on man. I'm gutted at what's happening but cut the club off emotionally. Do these fellas not have much of a life? It's shit but so much more important stuff to care about.

Know what you mean. Some people unfortunately don’t though. My weekends will be better spent with my family.

Guest chopey

What was it Llambias said “You don’t know how nasty we can be” :laugh:

I still say we've made it far too easy for them to be nasty though. A proper fanbase would have put a stop to all this years ago.

Cant think of many other grounds the owner would still be able to turn up after doing what he's done to us. Perez has had more stick than Ashley

Totally agree, however Ashley will do enough this pre season to keep a healthy percentage of the match going fans happy and the shit show will roll on till next summer.

Genuinely asking. If there is a takeover  (which I know many say there isn't), who would pocket the transfer fee from Ayoze's sale? Ashley or new owner?

If a sale has been agreed, the club would likely be restricted from making any decisions on material asset sales (if there is a decision to be made) without the consent of the acquirer. The cash would remain in the target business or otherwise the price would be adjusted.

Pretty sure Rafa staying was Ashley’s top priority, over everything else. That’s why he needed to take revenge that way.

Takeover was never his top priority. At least not at this price selling to BZG.

Takeover or not, we need to thanks Rafa for not bowing down to Ashley which makes us a step closer to being sold.  In other words, we would not be sold if Rafa stayed

Genuinely asking. If there is a takeover  (which I know many say there isn't), who would pocket the transfer fee from Ayoze's sale? Ashley or new owner?

If a sale has been agreed, the club would likely be restricted from making any decisions on material asset sales (if there is a decision to be made) without the consent of the acquirer. The cash would remain in the target business or otherwise the price would be adjusted.

In another words, if there would be a takeover, BZG has also approved the sale of Perez (if there was no release clause)

Not saying there is a takeover happening but if Perez has got a release clause surely there is nothing any possible new owner can do to stop it being activated.

Wouldn't be surprised if we hear today from the clubs preferred media partners that the takeover is still progressing well. The Perez deal will have no effect on it. The search for a new manager is progressing well with top European managers putting their names forward.

But if they activated a release clause there's no decision to be made.

Perez doesn’t have to go - he can wait a few weeks to see what happens (but with Rafa going he wasn’t staying - fair play to him)

Perez doesn’t have to go - he can wait a few weeks to see what happens (but with Rafa going he wasn’t staying - fair play to him)

Perez has been at the club long enough to see the shit that goes down under Ashley. He can get a better contract elsewhere and a guarantee of playing for a club that wants to compete.

I don't think this is confirmation of no takeover, but admittedly it looks less likely. Perez's stock is high right now so he can command a premium in terms of wages. The uncertainty of next season could take that opportunity away so takeover or not i can understand why he'd want to move now.

Not saying there is a takeover happening but if Perez has got a release clause surely there is nothing any possible new owner can do to stop it being activated.

If it's activating a clause, then there is no decision for the club to make, so it just happens. Buyers should be aware any such clauses through legal due diligence so would have to factor the risk of players leaving into their price.

Not being a dick, but does it work the same way in football as say acquiring JD sports? I mean like it's a pretty niche industry so I was just wondering.

It would be pretty standard and if anything it's even more critical where the bulk of your assets are concentrated in a small group of players. BZG have got a proper law firm onside so this sort of stuff wouldn't slip through (which is the same reason why 'Ashley didn't know about X' when he bought the club is total rubbish).

The club didn't sell him, his clause was met. And maybe, regardless of the takeover, Perez thought it was time for a new challenge.

That he chose Leicester as the new challenge is disappointing but La Liga clubs won't spend £30m on him so there's no choice for him.

Guest The Little Waster

The value in the asset is the player's registration, not the employee themselves.

Does a registration score goals ?

I can't ever recall a release clause being mentioned regarding Perez before? There were some rumblings towards the end of the season of him leaving and not even a sniff of a release clause (Unless I missed something of course). Just makes me thing the club can defend itself now and say the transfer was out of their hands?

The value in the asset is the player's registration, not the employee themselves.

Does a registration score goals ?

Might want to read the post in context next time.

And if you want me to be facetious, then yes they do. Otherwise you'd be fielding loads of ineligible players and would earn negative points over a season.

If some sources are to be believed he wanted to go even if Rafa stayed.

Why would Leicester keeping waiting for him? he has to make the decision now, currently it looks fucking grim here. He can't tell them "eerrrr... maybe, can I have a few weeks to decide?"

To be fair if I am Perez I would go Leicester too. Takeover or not, the new manager would likely get his own people and Perez may not be in the starting lineup anymore. At Leicester at least I am guaranteed to have a place under Rodgers.