Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Why is it intriguing? Can someone explain?

It is the planes

Hi Odin.

:lol: I thought that was Odin too. He’s definitely here under a different account the rat

Odin is right. The deal has already done - signatures signed, papers submitted. Rumours of third and fourth party interest at this stage are guffle. There will be announcement soon, within a fortnight with some luck. Also, the figure of sale agreed is closer to 300m with property involved. Benitez will be kept on, as will Charnley. Rafa actually likes him, even though I know the fans hate him and he is bald.

His first three words as a new user. :lol:

Odin is right. The deal has already done - signatures signed, papers submitted. Rumours of third and fourth party interest at this stage are guffle. There will be announcement soon, within a fortnight with some luck. Also, the figure of sale agreed is closer to 300m with property involved. Benitez will be kept on, as will Charnley. Rafa actually likes him, even though I know the fans hate him and he is bald.

His first three words as a new user. :lol:

:lol:

One thing Rafa thing has taught me is don’t listen to what journalists say or don’t say. George caulkin knew Rafa was leaving weeks before Newcastle released the statement but couldn’t say anything. That’s not a dig at George but there’s no way a takeover will happen and no journalist will know about it.

Why is it intriguing? Can someone explain?

It is the planes

Hi Odin.

:lol: I thought that was Odin too. He’s definitely here under a different account the rat

Noticed that Odin's username has been changed to Odear and his custom title is "photoshop pro" :lol:

The one hope is using Man City (the Thai owner before the mega rich Sheikhs) as an example. I’m sure it was about this point in pre-season that Shinawatra bought them, appointed Sven, and went on a splurge on the likes of Petrov, Corluka & Elano that took them to being a top 10 team and it set the foundations for what was to come. Something has to happen in the next 7 days though.

The one hope is using Man City (the Thai owner before the mega rich Sheikhs) as an example. I’m sure it was about this point in pre-season that Shinawatra bought them, appointed Sven, and went on a splurge on the likes of Petrov, Corluka & Elano that took them to being a top 10 team and it set the foundations for what was to come. Something has to happen in the next 7 days though.

The transfer window when Shinawatra took over Man City was the end of August so they had a little more time, we don’t.

So if we believe the latest snippets. ‘Buoyant’, ‘waiting on premier league’, statement forthcoming, planes & shit.

On the other hand player close to being sold, Ryder says no bid, no statement yet and managers being touted

Lee Ryder has been saying there has been no bid on the table since the takeover story broke. I just don't understand that since the statements that there were was no progress made in the takeover. That's not to suggest Ashley hasn't moved the goalposts, but I doubt the Bin Zayed Group were just sitting on their hands for weeks since their statements and were just wasting time.

Says a lot about the state of the clubs communication with the fans when would be owners like the Bin Zayed Group are being relied on to provide clarity on the situation.

Lee Ryder has been saying there has been no bid on the table since the takeover story broke. I just don't understand that since the statements that there were was no progress made in the takeover. That's not to suggest Ashley hasn't moved the goalposts, but I doubt the Bin Zayed Group were just sitting on their hands for weeks since their statements and were just wasting time.

Says a lot about the state of the clubs communication with the fans when would be owners like the Bin Zayed Group are being relied on to provide clarity on the situation.

What does a bid actually look like? Doesn't a Head of Terms agreement coupled with proof of funds constitute a bid?

What does a bid actually look like? Doesn't a Head of Terms agreement coupled with proof of funds constitute a bid?

I know nothing about how these sort of business deals work, but from what others have said I thought a Head of Terms agreement was just a deal agreed in principle, but the buying party could revise an official bid after further due diligence. I'm not sure proof of funds means a lot in terms of a bid other than the selling party being willing to talk seriously to the buying party.

I could have that completely wrong so anyone can feel free to pick holes in what I just said.