Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Not commented on this one as I've had nothing to add but this development has brought a mix of emotions;

1) I'm 100% on the 'anyone but Ashley' camp, so my first reaction was one of huge positivity.

2) However, that was based on the deal being almost completed (i.e: within the forthcoming days).

3) It appears that that's not the case, nor likely to be anywhere near as imminent which therefore fills me with dread in respect of the way the buyers have conducted themselves. Honestly, from an M&A perspective, it's been wholly unprofessional and highly likely to have p*ssed Ashley off in a major way.

They've actually pushed him into a corner with this leak tbh.

If it doesn't happen now, he's gonna be left with a right mess to sort out and he'll be very aware of that too.

Pushing an egotistical billionaire into a corner is never a wise move.

I've got very mixed emotions about this. Anyone but Ashley? Yeah for sure, but this conduct from them doesn't fill me with hope.

Also - can this Gallowgate End knobhead be permanently muted? He's killing my mojo even more.

To be fair they have been backed into a corner themselves where not only their finances have been questioned, but what family they are part of.

Not commented on this one as I've had nothing to add but this development has brought a mix of emotions;

1) I'm 100% on the 'anyone but Ashley' camp, so my first reaction was one of huge positivity.

2) However, that was based on the deal being almost completed (i.e: within the forthcoming days).

3) It appears that that's not the case, nor likely to be anywhere near as imminent which therefore fills me with dread in respect of the way the buyers have conducted themselves. Honestly, from an M&A perspective, it's been wholly unprofessional and highly likely to have p*ssed Ashley off in a major way.

If it doesn't happen now, he's gonna be left with a right mess to sort out and he'll be very aware of that too.

I've got very mixed emotions about this. Anyone but Ashley? Yeah for sure, but this conduct from them doesn't fill me with hope.

Also - can this Gallowgate End knobhead be permanently muted? He's killing my mojo even more.

To be fair they have been backed into a corner themselves where not only their finances have been questioned, but what family they are part of.

Yes and, in fairness, it may not have been them that leaked it but, judging by their response (i.e: very vocal and high profile) I'd say it was more them that MA's side it reeks of poor conduct from a corporate perspective.

Guest godzilla

Or Ashley couldn't give a fuck as he is getting the money he asked for. One thing you can't say against Ashley is that he is never shy to come out if pissed off and with a point to make. If he was really pissed off about this he would have came out imho.

3) It appears that that's not the case, nor likely to be anywhere near as imminent which therefore fills me with dread in respect of the way the buyers have conducted themselves. Honestly, from an M&A perspective, it's been wholly unprofessional and highly likely to have pissed Ashley off in a major way.

Minhosa, I've agreed with a few of your posts and certainly do with this one.

I suspect that the publicity has pissed Ashley off, but I really believe it's about time someone really did piss him off.

In a way, it's a win, win. If he fucks this up - as he's very capable of doing - then every true Geordie will hate him forever and he should be/will be forced into permanent hiding before the 'hit' on him takes him out completely. Seriously....

Journo's haven't a clue and are guessing, and many on here are rising to the clickbait. It will happen, or not, when it happens. Or not. If not then the proposal above applies.

Lastly, Gallowgate End and his constant inane and meaningless comments and have pissed me off for ages. Can he please, please just shut the fuck up for a while?

Yes and, in fairness, it may not have been them that leaked it but, judging by their response (i.e: very vocal and high profile) I'd say it was more them that MA's side it reeks of poor conduct from a corporate perspective.

The whole process has definitely been odd. Didn't the club acknowledge the first statement? If so they would have pushed back and reacted with fury by now. One theory I have heard as to why they have gone public with these statements is to scare off other bidders.

Guest godzilla

The whole process has definitely been odd. Didn't the club acknowledge the first statement? If so they would have pushed back and reacted with fury by now. One theory I have heard as to why they have gone public with these statements is to scare off other bidders.

I honestly don't think there is another bidder (another group may have entered the data room), if there was imho no documents would have been signed and Ashley would have been spouting off left, right and centre as he would see it as an opportunity to start a bidding war. As for coming out I think the buying group had no option as their credibility, business standing and personal standing concerning their family was taking a hammering by shiity journalists and wannabe ITK Twitter knobs (with nothing in terms of proof to back it up I mad add).

Guest godzilla

Minhosa, I've agreed with a few of your posts and certainly do with this one.

I suspect that the publicity has p*ssed Ashley off, but I really believe it's about time someone really did p*ss him off.

In a way, it's a win, win. If he f***s this up - as he's very capable of doing - then every true Geordie will hate him forever and he should be/will be forced into permanent hiding before the 'hit' on him takes him out completely. Seriously....

Journo's haven't a clue and are guessing, and many on here are rising to the clickbait. It will happen, or not, when it happens. Or not. If not then the proposal above applies.

Lastly, Gallowgate End and his constant inane and meaningless comments and have p*ssed me off for ages. Can he please, please just shut the f*** up for a while?

Where is this coming from as not one word has been said to suggest this.

Its interesting that Man City officials have reacted much the same way to criticism they feel is unwarranted. Maybe that's just the way it is, they dislike having random people just assassinating their character?

So that @dhalajmy who tweeted To #Newcastle fans: On Friday you will hear a news that makes you happy. #NUFC is supposedly the lawyer of the Bin Zayed Group according to @JacobsBen, who apparently confirmed on the podcast that I cant get to work.

Guest godzilla

I really don't see how they've backed Ashley into a corner?

There is nothing to suggest they have and there is nothing to suggest he is pissed off either.

yes Ben said that on the podcast. Ben has talked to some folks near or around the BZG group and talked about what he thinks they'd do based on some of his conversations with those aforementioned people. it was actually quite a good insight. NUFC360 and i think Thomson Mouse hit the highs from that in this thread.