Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

I'm going to be controversial here, and suggest the hoardings being taken down has absolutely f*** all to do with any takeover. Nothing whatsoever.

Nobody knows nothing about what's happening with the signs. If the hoardings are being taken down and Ashley is selling then I would very much doubt he would put them back up. Looks like there maybe some signs being taken down, but for a start with the picture of the skip we don't even know when it was taken. Mofo earlier stated that signs had been taken down in the Milburn stand and he was there yesterday. So fuck knows

Guest neesy111

I'm going to be controversial here, and suggest the hoardings being taken down has absolutely fuck all to do with any takeover. Nothing whatsoever.

100% the correct answer.

Guest neesy111

What on Earth is going on in here :lol:

God knows.  my head hurts reading some of the stuff in there.

I genuinely do feel he actually does want to sell and this time he is getting what he wants cash wise. He's going to make a tidy profit out of it also.

I've always felt that him being a willing seller was utter BS though (stated purely to ease tensions with the fans)... even if he scooped 350M from the sale, that's nothing compared to the meagre funds he outlays on the club vs all the TV money, free SD advertising, player sales etc. over the long-term.

We've never been anything more than a SD advertising vehicle and a steady stream of proven income in his eyes.

I'm definitely not banking on anything until it's official like.

This is what gets me also. He took £33 million out of the club less than 18 months ago, plus free advertising, some money from our merchandising and god knows what else. He hasn't reduced the price by £33 million though, notice that. Why would you sell? You'd gamble on staying up and taking more money out surely (if you are a selfish cunt that is).

I've been as cynical as anyone about this whole thing I'll admit, however at least it would appear as if we have a willing buyer. Although we've been here before and it hasn't come to anything. I really want this to be different but I still can't believe until it's official either.

Rafa and new owners who aren't a disaster is still a dream to me.

The thing is even Ashley must realise he's another shitty gamble away from ending up with a permanent Championship club worth half what it is now and no global PL exposure for his brand. That would be the only thing that would make me think he'd be happy to scoop 350 mill upfront and move on.

Don’t think the signs are relevant to the takeover in the slightest tbh.

Was hoping the lads on here who were giving positive information would’ve provided some kind of expected timescales, I am hopeful it’s going to be done soon but at the same time fear it’s weeks away.

I don't think it will be done until the end of June if it does get done.

Guest godzilla

I genuinely do feel he actually does want to sell and this time he is getting what he wants cash wise. He's going to make a tidy profit out of it also.

I've always felt that him being a willing seller was utter BS though (stated purely to ease tensions with the fans)... even if he scooped 350M from the sale, that's nothing compared to the meagre funds he outlays on the club vs all the TV money, free SD advertising, player sales etc. over the long-term.

We've never been anything more than a SD advertising vehicle and a steady stream of proven income in his eyes.

This is what gets me also. He took £33 million out of the club less than 18 months ago, plus free advertising, some money from our merchandising and god knows what else. He hasn't reduced the price by £33 million though, notice that. Why would you sell? You'd gamble on staying up and taking more money out surely (if you are a selfish c*** that is).

I've been as cynical as anyone about this whole thing I'll admit, however at least it would appear as if we have a willing buyer. Although we've been here before and it hasn't come to anything. I really want this to be different but I still can't believe until it's official either.

It's way far more advanced than where we have been before. Staveley or Kenyon were not in this position as they either couldn't agree a fee/raise the necessary funds. Not a chance he would lower the price as he is a businessman. Still maintain he is a willing seller and looking to use the money to invest in his actual dedicated expertise. Time will tell though (but it's happening  :snod:)

Guest godzilla

Don’t think the signs are relevant to the takeover in the slightest tbh.

Was hoping the lads on here who were giving positive information would’ve provided some kind of expected timescales, I am hopeful it’s going to be done soon but at the same time fear it’s weeks away.

I don't think it will be done until the end of June if it does get done.

All depends when the fit and proper test process started. If it was at the time or even before the statements were released then I think it will be very soon and certainly before the end of June. The fact that the new company was created yesterday (could have been weeks ago or when the statement was released) suggests to me things are moving ahead very quickly.

This is what gets me also. He took £33 million out of the club less than 18 months ago, plus free advertising, some money from our merchandising and god knows what else. He hasn't reduced the price by £33 million though, notice that. Why would you sell? You'd gamble on staying up and taking more money out surely (if you are a selfish c*** that is).

It's way far more advanced than where we have been before. Staveley or Kenyon were not in this position as they either couldn't agree a fee/raise the necessary funds. Not a chance he would lower the price as he is a businessman. Still maintain he is a willing seller and looking to use the money to invest in his actual dedicated expertise. Time will tell though (but it's happening  :snod:)

Err, I'm pretty sure Staveley's camp believed they had agreed a fee and were doing the deal 100% (we had well respected posters on here with good sources saying it's as good as done).

I really hope he is finally a willing seller.

Guest godzilla

Err, I'm pretty sure Staveley's camp believed they had agreed a fee and were doing the deal 100% (we had well respected posters on here with good sources saying it's as good as done).

She obviously didn't have the funds then to process it through if that was the case as I said. Ashley was shit hot fast to come out and call her a time waster. Not heard a peep so far!

This is what gets me also. He took £33 million out of the club less than 18 months ago, plus free advertising, some money from our merchandising and god knows what else. He hasn't reduced the price by £33 million though, notice that. Why would you sell? You'd gamble on staying up and taking more money out surely (if you are a selfish cunt that is).

And it's the first chunk of cash he's been able to get his hands on in years. At the current rate, it will be a long time before he gets to £350m and he knows that the squad needs investment meanwhile his main business venture is having its own problems which no doubt MA will want to be hands on with. It's an ideal time to sell.

As for the other stuff, even if the outsourcing of the NUFC retail was bent in favour of SD (and there's no real reason to do that) it's absolute buttons compared to the cash that comes in from the TV deal.

She obviously didn't have the funds then to process it through if that was the case as I said. Ashley was shit hot fast to come out and call her a time waster. Not heard a peep so far!

You're just taking Ashley's word at face value as the gospel truth now like?  :lol:

Fixtures are released next week. I know it has nothing to do with the takeover but hoping we could atleast have some positive news related to it and Rafa would doubtlessly start planning everything already if he is staying on.

You're just taking Ashley's word at face value as the gospel truth now like?  :lol:

She made 3 bids iirc. The 2 above £300m were in instalments and had relegation clauses (which was a very real risk at the time), then one for £250m, no clauses but £100m under his evaluation.

I don't get believing Ashley over anyone really, especially not over any takeover that's for sure.

Fixtures are released next week. I know it has nothing to do with the takeover but hoping we could atleast have some positive news related to it and Rafa would doubtlessly start planning everything already if he is staying on.

Sure he’s planning it anyway, he’s a pro.