Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Howay man, there’s no way BZG are gonna be on a wind up. We might not be sold but I have no doubt they’re willing buyers - the problem is the seller. It does seem as though he is a willing seller this time, but fuck knows what goes through his head.

It's literally the biggest wind up of all time (which BZG are in on) or it is just a matter of time.

No inbetween is there.

No. It's the greatest wind up since beadle was about  :lol:

D8iXd0xXUAEidBg?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love this place when a new potential buyer comes in and the instant reaction from people is that they’re a Bishop/Ashley pawn and they’re just doing it for a laugh to wind up the Newcastle fans. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Most things are though. Unless you believe conspiracy to be inherently evil, in which case the phrase "The Gods have conspired..." needs looking at.

Am I being stupid here? Why would the PL inform anybody if indeed they were going through the test?

They wouldn't, but you'd think the Bin Zayed Group would seeing as they have been so adamant to the press that they are for real and are buying us. All they have released is a vague statement so I think it's safe to assume they haven't reached that stage yet.

:lol: :lol:

Aye, no bother, they will just live stream the whole thing.

Also, their statements weren't vague.

:lol: :lol:

So fill me in on the minute details then...what stage are they at exactly?  :lol:

I know people really want this to happen, but let's wait and see what happens eh.

22 days left of Rafa's contract, and no sign of this being sorted soon.

Still find it odd that the national tabloids have stopped reporting on this - they at least have the resources to find out more . Only the Chronic is still bothering with the story ... its almost as if the whole thing is bullshit and the tabloids decided not to bother

Not that odd. Perhaps the people involved are just good at their jobs which means not telling all to some scrote from the Sun for  500 quid and a curry night out.

I love this place when a new potential buyer comes in and the instant reaction from people is that they’re a Bishop/Ashley pawn and they’re just doing it for a laugh to wind up the Newcastle fans. Not everything is a conspiracy.

I think we all just know it's pointless getting excited as we've been let down so many times over the years. Saying "It's a conspiracy" is just a defence mechanism because the alternative is to embrace the good news, which always results in disappointment.

(That's not to say it isn't all actually a conspiracy, though!)

Still find it odd that the national tabloids have stopped reporting on this - they at least have the resources to find out more . Only the Chronic is still bothering with the story ... its almost as if the whole thing is bullshit and the tabloids decided not to bother

Or, if you look at Caulkins tweets, they know next to nothing and have been hammered because of their bullshit. They’ve no decided t stay quiet.

No comment from the club is the most significant thing

It's really not significant at all.

Previous "takeovers" went on for months before Ashley came out to call them time wasters etc.

While this one goes on Rafas contract is running down and we are completely failing to prepare for the coming season.

Caulkin is sceptical, as we all should be.

We're a shambles again but everyones too giddy about the thought of new ownership to care.

Or, if you look at Caulkins tweets, they know next to nothing and have been hammered because of their bullshit. They’ve no decided t stay quiet.

Previous "takeovers" went on for months before Ashley came out to call them time wasters etc.

While this one goes on Rafas contract is running down and we are completely failing to prepare for the coming season.

We're a shambles again but everyones too giddy about the thought of new ownership to care.

Caulkin may be sceptical but he even admits that things are going on behind the scenes.

:clap:

Actually wasn’t it Ashley that started the kenyon one when he went on sky and said they were as far as it’s been.

Caulkin may be sceptical but he even admits that things are going on behind the scenes.

They have previously (Staveley's bid for one), but Ashley has had no real interest in selling. We don't know what his intentions are this time, but to give him the benefit of doubt after his history would be foolish I feel.

Actually wasn’t it Ashley that started the kenyon one when he went on sky and said they were as far as it’s been.

Point being he didn't rubbish it straight away. He lets them run their course for a while.

Ashley went on sky news on December the 3rd to say the club was in process of being sold so I’d say the fact they are staying quiet is significant

Also the Mexicans have came out and said they are looking at Newcastle. Bzg release statements and start a company using a highly expensive and respectable law firm.

Yet people still think it’s some sort of conspiracy. Sorry I just can’t deal with stupid

Point being he didn't rubbish it straight away. He lets them run their course for a while.

The sky news takeover interview came out the blue apart from one sky news story in September. Ashley didn’t rubbish it. He said it was happening

The sky news takeover interview came out the blue apart from one sky news story in September. Ashley didn’t rubbish it. He said it was happening

Said it was happening = he lied as usual. And whether he stays silent or fans the takeover flames is irrelevant, my point was that he doesn't rubbish the rumours straight away. And you say you can't deal with stupid :lol:

Theres no conspiracy either. Either he wants to sell, in which case he'll do a deal. Or he doesn't really want to sell, in which case he won't sell (like previously).

So the fact the club have said nothing yet = takeover's as good as done? :lol:

Said it was happening = he lied as usual. And whether he stays silent or fans the takeover flames is irrelevant, my point was that he doesn't rubbish the rumours straight away. And you say you can't deal with stupid :lol:

Theres no conspiracy either. Either he wants to sell, in which case he'll do a deal. Or he doesn't really want to sell, in which case he won't sell (like previously).

So the fact the club have said nothing yet = takeover's as good as done? :lol:

Don’t think anyone has said they expected him to come out and rubbish it :lol: they are saying no comment. As you say it’s probably beneficial for him to lie.

I’d say the statements from bzg and the new company are more important tbh I’d be weary of saying its a done deal. Something is clearly going on tho.

Ashley went on sky news on December the 3rd to say the club was in process of being sold so I’d say the fact they are staying quiet is significant

Also the Mexicans have came out and said they are looking at Newcastle. Bzg release statements and start a company using a highly expensive and respectable law firm.

Yet people still think it’s some sort of conspiracy. Sorry I just can’t deal with stupid

I believe that things are presumably at some kind of advanced stage but that interview was a load of pre-rehearsed toss and proves nothing. He's only ever publicly made comments about Newcastle when he's got allies like David Craig or whoever that bloke was to ask questions he has scripted answers to. Nothing genuine in it at all.

Pointless. It’s likegiving facts to flat earthers, apparently Australia doesn’t exist even though I actually live there right now

Guest The Little Waster

watch it again ... hes trying not to laugh

I believe that things are presumably at some kind of advanced stage but that interview was a load of pre-rehearsed toss and proves nothing. He's only ever publicly made comments about Newcastle when he's got allies like David Craig or whoever that bloke was to ask questions he has scripted answers to. Nothing genuine in it at all.

Was just an example of him not ‘rubbishing’ rumours months later. Hate it when people say stuff like Sean did and pass it off as fact when there’s clear evidence it’s not

The initial point Thompson mouse made was that they’ve made no comment. No stoking the flames and no rubbishing it. Suggests a change in tact if nothing else