Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest neesy111

Btw, if I had billions I still wouldn't waste it on football tbh.  People getting deluded to think we'll spend 100's millions on a new team.

We'll have new investment and more money, but it's not going to put us immediately into the top 6.  Think it'll be more of a Wolves approach.

Don't get all this we don't wanna be city 2.0 Craic... I remember  when we won the championship 2 seasons ago... the atmosphere in the ground when villa got the equaliser... the atmosphere  in the bars and the city after the game was crazy... I couldn't help  but think imagine  the absolute carnage if we won something  important... who wouldn't want to experience  world class players, champions league, titles, domestic honours ? The past 12 years (bar 11/12 and the 2 championship seasons) have been unbearably horrid just trying to survive year  after year... Rafael is the only thing that has kept me going .... we've had our suffering... enough in the last decade to do us a life time now please God in heaven let us  have the good times

Btw, if I had billions I still wouldn't waste it on football tbh.  People getting deluded to think we'll spend 100's millions on a new team.

Didn't Fulham spend close to £100m last year? We get over that from tv money, don't think it's that delusional to think new owners would spend a fair chunk on buying decent players as a starting point.

Same bloke along with his other north east cronies who didn't having a f***ing clue about this happening in their own backyard, then panicked and tried to pour cold water on it before having to turn full circle after the statement came out. f*** them we have some of the worst journalists in the country reporting on us especially at the Chronicle.

Don't think you understand how journalism works. Especially at a local level.

Guest alijmitchell

I think it's more to do with expectations and wanting to keep the identity of the club - we haven't won owt in so long, it would feel very strange if we were completely transformed into a winning machine. I think people just want to be able to go back to the match and have some pride in their team.

Guest godzilla

Same bloke along with his other north east cronies who didn't having a f***ing clue about this happening in their own backyard, then panicked and tried to pour cold water on it before having to turn full circle after the statement came out. f*** them we have some of the worst journalists in the country reporting on us especially at the Chronicle.

Don't think you understand how journalism works. Especially at a local level.

Shit that's what I think and if you don't think so fine.

Aye. The lot of them are fucking useless. They backed their horses and it didn’t come through. Shown up by a Sun journo.

What horses did they back exactly? Like literally everyone else, they verifyed with there sources after the Sun article came out, no-one had a clue until that Sun article hit.

Also Douglas isn't exactly saying anything outrageous.

Staveley. Since then they dismissed everything and laid the blame at Ashley’s door when no reasonable offer was ever made, but they bought the bullshit and had a source so it must have been true. They were to blame more than Ashley for the staveley fiasco. The sun guy actually had a source who was genuine, but they didn’t have it so fucked it off as much as they could until they couldn’t anymore and decided to jump on board.

Now since they can pour cold water on the story they decide to go on a witch hunt on the buyers character before he’s even set foot through the door. Shame they didn’t do that with their own story.

It would be good to have a club that makes the best of itself given the resources it has. Man City levels of investment are unrealistic, but there’s every chance a properly run NUFC could have a go at breaking into the top 6, with the odd cup run too.

It would be class for the city to have its club back.🙂