Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I think if we sell Perez when we have no manager or simply the fact that he’s being allowed to talk to Leicester indicating that a fee has been agreed pretty much means that no sale is imminent and that the next manager will have no power whatsoever.

Unless there is a release clause in his contract that has been activated by Leicester

Exactly why can't people understand this and in all probability there is, meaning that if there is fuck all anyone can do takeover happening or not as it's been activated

Because there’s no way he has a £15m release clause when nobody has ever tried to sign him for that.

:lol:

Can’t believe there’s folk still believing this shit, give ower lads. Not and never happening, we have been played like a fucking fiddle again. :lol:

Got to hand it to him.

Perez off? Joselu off.. Diame off.. not signing Rondon.. People reckon Longstaff will be sold.. We've no manager and no signings in sight and month left in the window. We take more than a month to sign 1 player  ;D

I cant imagine Ashley doing this much self harming and sticking around.. He will lose value once relegated..

Cant he have a clause to say maybe. If Rafa is not the manager then I can go even while my contract is still running?

I hope this is Ashley getting as much money as he can before he puts pen to paper though.

I can handle Championship footie without Ashley. No sweat.

Right, sell the best players, take the tv money out, low wages etc, still a full stadium. Then we get relegated, do parachute payments still exist?

I reckon he’s asset stripping then will sell next year for £250m

Guest taps01

Right, sell the best players, take the tv money out, low wages etc, still a full stadium. Then we get relegated, do parachute payments still exist?

We won’t be worth 250 mil in the championship

Cant he have a clause to say maybe. If Rafa is not the manager then I can go even while my contract is still running?

I hope this is Ashley getting as much money as he can before he puts pen to paper though.

I can handle Championship footie without Ashley. No sweat.

He got his contract a year before Rafa joined. Runs out in 2 years. Club are willing sellers, stop giving them credit.

I think if we sell Perez when we have no manager or simply the fact that he’s being allowed to talk to Leicester indicating that a fee has been agreed pretty much means that no sale is imminent and that the next manager will have no power whatsoever.

Unless there is a release clause in his contract that has been activated by Leicester

Exactly why can't people understand this and in all probability there is, meaning that if there is fuck all anyone can do takeover happening or not as it's been activated

You are completely guessing that there’s a clause. Pointless discussion

Why not? Bet we are.

He wouldn't get £250m in the Championship. So, on your example, he'd not be selling for two years minimum. And even that is if he is lucky. We go down this time and there'd be such a toxic atmosphere that we'd never bounce back up.

He's got two weeks to get rid or otherwise, he's held on to his cards for too long and he'll be fucked.

Why not? Bet we are.

TV money would mean an instant reduction in valuation. This valuation is what buyers take to finance houses to back the deal. The core assets of the club are simply not worth £250m without TV income. Not a chance.

Why not? Bet we are.

TV money would mean an instant reduction in valuation. This valuation is what buyers take to finance houses to back the deal. The core assets of the club are simply not worth £250m without TV income. Not a chance.

How much then? If he could take out £150m this year, would he then accept £150m plus free advertising next?

Guest godzilla

Exactly why can't people understand this and in all probability there is, meaning that if there is f*** all anyone can do takeover happening or not as it's been activated

Because there’s no way he has a £15m release clause when nobody has ever tried to sign him for that.

You don't know what his release clause may be - remember Perez signed his new contract in 2016 so a 15 million release clause would be right at that time. And up to the second half of this season I certainly wouldn't have said he was worth more than 15 million either. Let's say he doesn't have a buyout clause then there is no way in hell that Ashley would let him go for such a small fee and he has proved this a few times with the likes of Carroll, Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum he doesn't let players go on the cheap if they have a market value.

Exactly why can't people understand this and in all probability there is, meaning that if there is f*** all anyone can do takeover happening or not as it's been activated

You don't know what his release clause may be - remember Perez signed his new contract in 2016 so a 15 million release clause would be right at that time. And up to the second half of this season I certainly wouldn't have said he was worth more than 15 million either. Let's say he doesn't have a buyout clause then there is no way in hell that Ashley would let him go for such a small fee and he has proved this a few times with the likes of Carroll, Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum he doesn't let players go on the cheap if they have a market value.

2015 he signed his contract btw.

Guest godzilla

You are completely guessing that there’s a clause. Pointless discussion

As you are that there isn't also

Why not? Bet we are.

How much then? If he could take out £150m this year, would he then accept £150m plus free advertising next?

Fuck only knows. I'd say £150m would be the tops he'd get if we were a Championship side tbh.

Why not? Bet we are.

Fuck only knows. I'd say £150m would be the tops he'd get if we were a Championship side tbh.

So £300m with the knowledge he fucked the club over

Guest godzilla

No he didn't btw it was 2016

No he didn't btw it was 2016

So his new 6 year contract which expires in 2021 was signed 5 years before it expires? Clever that.

seals it for me. kids were desperate to have their season tickets renewed.

the perez news comes out and they're close to tears again. none of them want to go.

thats another 4 tickets cancelled.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

Can’t believe there’s folk still believing this s***, give ower lads. Not and never happening, we have been played like a f***ing fiddle again. :lol:

Got to hand it to him.

Perez off? Joselu off.. Diame off.. not signing Rondon.. People reckon Longstaff will be sold.. We've no manager and no signings in sight and month left in the window. We take more than a month to sign 1 player  ;D

I cant imagine Ashley doing this much self harming and sticking around.. He will lose value once relegated..

He's literally just let the most qualified manager in our history leave for nothing when he wanted to stay, man. :lol: Ashley is a shit cunt moron, there are no depths to how far that goes.

Mate of mine reckons extra security has been drafted in for Wednesday and Thursday. Thought it might have been takeover related but now I reckon it’s due to them worried about people kicking off when we sell Pérez and probably Longstaff the same week Rafa joins a Chinese club.  :knuppel2: :rant: :knuppel2:

Just read his message again it was extra security Thursday and Friday