Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest chopey

Mate of mine reckons extra security has been drafted in for Wednesday and Thursday. Thought it might have been takeover related but now I reckon it’s due to them worried about people kicking off when we sell Pérez and probably Longstaff the same week Rafa joins a Chinese club.  :knuppel2: :rant: :knuppel2:

In where ?

Guest godzilla

I think if we sell Perez when we have no manager or simply the fact that he’s being allowed to talk to Leicester indicating that a fee has been agreed pretty much means that no sale is imminent and that the next manager will have no power whatsoever.

Unless there is a release clause in his contract that has been activated by Leicester

Exactly why can't people understand this and in all probability there is, meaning that if there is f*** all anyone can do takeover happening or not as it's been activated

Because there’s no way he has a £15m release clause when nobody has ever tried to sign him for that.

You don't know what his release clause may be - remember Perez signed his new contract in 2016 so a 15 million release clause would be right at that time. And up to the second half of this season I certainly wouldn't have said he was worth more than 15 million either. Let's say he doesn't have a buyout clause then there is no way in hell that Ashley would let him go for such a small fee and he has proved this a few times with the likes of Carroll, Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum he doesn't let players go on the cheap if they have a market value.

2015 he signed his contract btw.

No he didn't btw it was 2016

So his new 6 year contract which expires in 2021 was signed 5 years before it expires? Clever that.

Obviously Perez disagrees with you according to his twitter page when he signed it

I think if we sell Perez when we have no manager or simply the fact that he’s being allowed to talk to Leicester indicating that a fee has been agreed pretty much means that no sale is imminent and that the next manager will have no power whatsoever.

Unless there is a release clause in his contract that has been activated by Leicester

Exactly why can't people understand this and in all probability there is, meaning that if there is f*** all anyone can do takeover happening or not as it's been activated

Because there’s no way he has a £15m release clause when nobody has ever tried to sign him for that.

You don't know what his release clause may be - remember Perez signed his new contract in 2016 so a 15 million release clause would be right at that time. And up to the second half of this season I certainly wouldn't have said he was worth more than 15 million either. Let's say he doesn't have a buyout clause then there is no way in hell that Ashley would let him go for such a small fee and he has proved this a few times with the likes of Carroll, Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum he doesn't let players go on the cheap if they have a market value.

So his new 6 year contract which expires in 2021 was signed 5 years before it expires? Clever that.

Obviously Perez disagrees with you according to his twitter page when he signed it

Yeah already apologised above.

Mate of mine reckons extra security has been drafted in for Wednesday and Thursday. Thought it might have been takeover related but now I reckon it’s due to them worried about people kicking off when we sell Pérez and probably Longstaff the same week Rafa joins a Chinese club.  :knuppel2: :rant: :knuppel2:

In where ?

Sorry should have said St James

Right, sell the best players, take the tv money out, low wages etc, still a full stadium. Then we get relegated, do parachute payments still exist?

I reckon he’s asset stripping then will sell next year for £250m

We won’t be worth 250 mil in the championship

Why not? Bet we are.

TV money would mean an instant reduction in valuation. This valuation is what buyers take to finance houses to back the deal. The core assets of the club are simply not worth £250m without TV income. Not a chance.

How much then? If he could take out £150m this year, would he then accept £150m plus free advertising next?

Fuck only knows. I'd say £150m would be the tops he'd get if we were a Championship side tbh.

So £300m with the knowledge he fucked the club over

Quite the risk if he doesn't get a buyer at £150m though.

Right, sell the best players, take the tv money out, low wages etc, still a full stadium. Then we get relegated, do parachute payments still exist?

Why not? Bet we are.

TV money would mean an instant reduction in valuation. This valuation is what buyers take to finance houses to back the deal. The core assets of the club are simply not worth £250m without TV income. Not a chance.

How much then? If he could take out £150m this year, would he then accept £150m plus free advertising next?

Fuck only knows. I'd say £150m would be the tops he'd get if we were a Championship side tbh.

Can’t think of many other alternatives to what he’s doing

In where ?

sjp box office for the last minute season ticket rush.

Guest godzilla

Yeah already apologised above.

O0

Just read his message again it was extra security Thursday and Friday

Could it not be for the announcement of a sale? Expecting crowds to turn up and burn Ashley effigies outside the Gallowgate?

In where ?

At the training ground I'd assume?

Why not? Bet we are.

Can’t think of many other alternatives to what he’s doing

Increasing the cash available on day 1 of a sale?

Purely from a commercial perspective, he HAS to be looking to get that deal done in the next week or two.

If not, he's fucked.

Even this pig headed prick must realise that?

In where ?

sjp box office for the last minute season ticket rush.

;D ;D aye can see that happening. More like rushing to cancel them.

No chance there's someone close to buying the club with us selling Perez for peanuts and trying to do the same with Longstaff.

It's over. Pains me to say it but it isn't happening this season.

Is he just doing this out of spite?

He's actively losing tens of millions by purposely relegating us. Premier League is a goldmine and he's selling our players for half price.... what the fuck?!?!?

He wouldn't get £250m in the Championship. So, on your example, he'd not be selling for two years minimum. And even that is if he is lucky. We go down this time and there'd be such a toxic atmosphere that we'd never bounce back up.

He's got two weeks to get rid or otherwise, he's held on to his cards for too long and he'll be f***ed.

The last two times we were in the Championship we had very popular managers in Benitez and Hughton that were able to galvanise both players and fans to move forward in a shared direction. We were also fortunate that some of the good players that got relegated were willing to stay to help the club get promotion. Only Newcastle and Burnley have managed to bounce straight back up from relegation, it shows how difficult it is to get out of the Championship these days.

If and when this takeover collapses Ashley only has himself to blame for not selling when the clubs stock was high. He has had 2 chances and it looks like he will be derailing a third takeover in 2 years. Hes gambling again and its going to backfire spectacularly on him. There is not a chance this club survives relegation next season.

He wouldn't get £250m in the Championship. So, on your example, he'd not be selling for two years minimum. And even that is if he is lucky. We go down this time and there'd be such a toxic atmosphere that we'd never bounce back up.

He's got two weeks to get rid or otherwise, he's held on to his cards for too long and he'll be f***ed.

The last two times we were in the Championship we had very popular managers in Benitez and Hughton that were able to galvanise both players and fans to move forward in a shared direction. We were also fortunate that some of the good players that got relegated were willing to stay to help the club get promotion. Only Newcastle and Burnley have managed to bounced straight back up from relegation, it shows how difficult it is to get out of the Championship these days.

If and when this takeover collapses Ashley only has himself to blame for not selling when the clubs stock was high. He has had 2 chances and it looks like he will be derailing a third takeover in 2 years. Hes gambling again and its going to backfire spectacularly on him. There is not a chance this club survives relegation next season.

Completely agree :thup:.

Guest godzilla

No chance there's someone close to buying the club with us selling Perez for peanuts and trying to do the same with Longstaff.

Again unless there is a buyout clause and I think there will be, when has Ashley not only got a market value for a player or exceeded it. He NEVER let's players go on the cheap as mentioned before Carroll, Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum for examples

Again unless there is a buyout clause and I think there will be, when has Ashley not only got a market value for a player or exceeded it. He NEVER let's players go on the cheap as mentioned before Carroll, Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum for examples

He was pissed off cabaye went cheap

There’s no takeover man. Dreamworld

Why not? Bet we are.

The revenue drops significantly in the Championship.

Guest godzilla

He was p*ssed off cabaye went cheap

You will have to provide proof of that mind as I certainly can't remember that. He got £19 million for him at the time very big money and this for a player who wanted to leave also

In where ?

Surely this.  Players return.  Will be lots of reporters etc. possibly some pissed off fans with a bedsheet.

Guest The Little Waster

In where ?

Surely this.  Players return.  Will be lots of reporters etc. possibly some pissed off fans with a bedsheet.

With piss stains on it ?