Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The only alternative to Ashley selling, would be we go into the season short on players (which usually results in getting relegated) use the clubs money to secure promotion and start with his bolloxy policy of buying cheap players from France again.. its virtually rinse and repeat.

Is he really going to go through that again? his best time to sell was now, while Rafa was in charge.. I would say he is a moron but he is obviously making money from the club while pretending we are skint.

The last two times we were in the Championship we had very popular managers in Benitez and Hughton that were able to galvanise both players and fans to move forward in a shared direction. We were also fortunate that some of the good players that got relegated were willing to stay to help the club get promotion. Only Newcastle and Burnley have managed to bounced straight back up from relegation, it shows how difficult it is to get out of the Championship these days.

If and when this takeover collapses Ashley only has himself to blame for not selling when the clubs stock was high. He has had 2 chances and it looks like he will be derailing a third takeover in 2 years. Hes gambling again and its going to backfire spectacularly on him. There is not a chance this club survives relegation next season.

Completely agree :thup:.

Yep. Absolutely bang on :thup:

We wouldn’t be selling our best players if we where close to being taken over

My completely bonkers theory is that he has the new owners 'permission' on who can go.

Haha!!  I know, I know!!

More likely what you say, if new owners were close to coming I just can't see them being okay with the club losing it's major assets unless they are so bullish they think they can rebuild team in a month.

Guest godzilla

The only alternative to Ashley selling, would be we go into the season short on players (which usually results in getting relegated) use the clubs money to secure promotion and start with his bolloxy policy of buying cheap players from France again.. its virtually rinse and repeat.

Is he really going to go through that again? his best time to sell was now, while Rafa was in charge.. I would say he is a moron but he is obviously making money from the club while pretending we are skint.

He's just losing money by doing this the last 2 times he's had to put money into the club for operations and is losing on all that tv money. Sorry I just don't believe he could be that stupid again as this time he will lose an absolute bomb and the value of the club will more than half. Let's just see what happens in the next couple of days and await the supposed statements coming out. He may have been up here today also judging by the reports of his helicopter movement

Guest godzilla

Let's see if he had buyout clause first because if he did he had no choice but to sell

Guest godzilla

The helicopter was probably picking perez up

Didn't go to Leicester though did it?

Would you go to Leicester in a helicopter?

Well if it was Perez being picked up I presume it would, don't think i was mind

edit: ignore I've clicked on  :lol:

Let's see if he had buyout clause first because if he did he had no choice but to sell

I think you are the only one that still believes in the takeover :lol:

He’s not had a clause of £30m man ffs. Let it go

What the fuck is his game here like? Even by his own standards this is fucken ridiculous.

Is it really that unexpected? It has been widely reported that Pérez had itchy feet and we all know Ashley’s love for making a few Bob regardless of the consequences.

Wasn’t one of the main sticking points for Rafa that he wasn’t given enough control over transfers? If that’s the case then this is exactly what was expected: fuck whichever desperate dupe they appoint, he’ll be given what to work with and told to get on with it (see “Pardue).

As for the takeover, not sure anyone would sit back and see the value of the club diminish after already having agreed a price. He’s just getting on with things isn’t he...I’d be amazed if a deal goes through now. This just looks like every other close season / transfer window now, only worse

Guest godzilla

You're up and down like the weather and have been since it was announced, let's just wait and see  :lol: :lol:

What the f*** is his game here like? Even by his own standards this is fucken ridiculous.

Is it really that unexpected? It has been widely reported that Pérez had itchy feet and we all know Ashley’s love for making a few Bob regardless of the consequences.

Wasn’t one of the main sticking points for Rafa that he wasn’t given enough control over transfers? If that’s the case then this is exactly what was expected: f*** whichever desperate dupe they appoint, he’ll be given what to work with and told to get on with it (see “Pardue).

As for the takeover, not sure anyone would sit back and see the value of the club diminish after already having agreed a price. He’s just getting on with things isn’t he...I’d be amazed if a deal goes through now. This just looks like every other close season / transfer window now, only worse

Well perhaps you're right but it feels like he's intent on burning the whole thing to the ground to me especially if they're in talks to sell Longstaff as well. Can only assume the plan will be to try and get £5-10m or less players from France or wherever again to replace whatever is sold.

Who was that director lad appointed under Rafa? He'll be the new Carr presumably.

Guest godzilla

You don't know I don't know. You don't know if the takeover is happening and I don't know Let's just wait and see.

edit: And by the way it's being reported a release clause WAS activated

You're up and down like the weather and have been since it was announced, let's just wait and see  :lol: :lol:

This has tipped me to it not happening. There’s no way there was a £30m release clause for Perez.

You don't know I don't know. You don't know if the takeover is happening and I don't know Let's just wait and see 'ffs' grow up man

Me grow up? You are the one that’s mentioned the Perez release clause and the club not been able to stop it (not even sure that’s accurate) about 5 times ffs :lol: