Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Can somebody summarise what’s gone on/been said for me please?

BZG (supposedly) released another vague statement confusing people more than they were already. Well, Peter Redding (who?) from some Middle East radio station released it saying it's from BZG, and that they think it's a better way to release a statement than officially (thinks no legitimate company ever).

It did contain this great line though "The current owners have cooperated amicably throughout this process and if a deal is not forthcoming it will not be due to lack of effort from both parties"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're now playing Ashley's tune.

Thanks  :)

BZG (supposedly) released another vague statement confusing people more than they were already. Well, Peter Redding (who?) from some Middle East radio station released it saying it's from BZG, and that they think it's a better way to release a statement than officially (thinks no legitimate company ever).

It did contain this great line though "The current owners have cooperated amicably throughout this process and if a deal is not forthcoming it will not be due to lack of effort from both parties"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cracked me up that like

I was hoping the Bin Zayed Groups statement would offer much needed clarity to the takeover situation yet it has only made it more confusing. Everyone now has their own interpretation of where the takeover deal is at now. Some think Ashley is the problem, some think the Premier League are at fault and others think the Bin Zayed Group are not as far along in the takeover process.

If the Bin Zayed Group have done everything required to get the takeover done then why not be clear they have had a bid accepted and have completed Premier League processes. Because if they are this far along the deal then they should have no problem revealing these details. Why not reveal either that they have reached the exclusivity stage because the only way they would have got this far in the takeover is if Ashley has granted exclusivity.

If Ashley has done everything required to get the takeover done then why not reveal Ashley has signed the sales purchase agreement which is apparently the stage in a takeover before would be owners do the fit and proper owners test. If the selling party has done all of this then why not reveal it.

If its the Premier League holding up the takeover deal then why could the Bin Zayed Group not just say in their statement that "everything has been agreed and signed by both parties and we now await for Premier League approval to complete the takeover". It may well be the case that this is where we are at in the takeover, but then we have Peter Redding who they are communicating through liking tweets saying that it is really Ashley that is holding things up.

In their first statements the Bin Zayed Group said they wanted to give fans a clear picture of what the timelines of the takeover process yet with this statement yet we know no more than 5 weeks ago since the last statements.

Guest chopey

Caulkin still says there is more than one offer on the table, if that's the case the Bin Zayed Group releasing a statement today about nothing is a total waste of time and effort

Guest The Little Waster

Quote from some one on twitter :

This is the equivalent of someone wanting to buy leeds, but only releasing information to Chris Moyles

The "quotes" are very vague, and they cover every eventuality. If it goes through , Pete there is a proper ITK, if it doesn't he's covered that as well.

Caulkin still says there is more than one offer on the table, if that's the case the Bin Zayed Group releasing a statement today about nothing is a total waste of time and effort

Staveley's probably had an offer on the table since May, and Ashley's ignoring it for a few months before calling her a time waster again.

Cracked me up that like

:lol:

I've no words. Appreciated the summary but don't feel any further in the know. Think I'll just sit this wave out.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly starting to come around to the idea that the majority of our fans deserve Ashley and I'm just one of the poor fuckers that's along for the ride.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Honestly starting to come around to the idea that the majority of our fans deserve Ashley and I'm just one of the poor f***ers that's along for the ride.

Why is that?

I’m kinda hoping another bidder (not kenyon) is working behind the scenes. Bzg do seem very unprofessional

I'm at the stage where I would take anybody but Ashley at this point. I don't think the Bin Zayed Group have done themselves any favours with their statement today. If it was to turn the tables on Ashley then its backfired because its just raised more questions about themselves.

I would like Caulkin to tell us more about this other bidder. He doesn't have to tell us who they are, but just if they have they made progress and are still confident of getting a deal agreed in good time.

I’m kinda hoping another bidder (not kenyon) is working behind the scenes. Bzg do seem very unprofessional

I'm at the stage where I would take anybody but Ashley at this point. I don't think the Bin Zayed Group have done themselves any favours with their statement today. If it was to turn the tables on Ashley then its backfired because its just raised more questions about themselves.

I would like Caulkin to tell us more about this other bidder. He doesn't have to tell us who they are, but just if they have they made progress and are still confident of getting a deal agreed in good time.

He touched on it briefly in true faith podcast on 24th June

Said theres 3 parties (at least)

“I know one other group and I know who they are and I speak to them but I’m not allowed to talk about who they are as it would violate the terms of whatever agreements they’ve got”

“They also claim to have made good progress but by good progress what does that mean. Well there’s been no exclusivity agreement with anyone group and don’t think that’ll happen now as Ashley wants to talk to as many people as possible to maybe drive the price up, it is around £350m, money is being moved around, accounts being checked, some of those data room things have happened or happening it’s now the end of June and the window is closing”

“The group that I know about, there’s substantive people involved and the people they are advised by and doing their negotiations are substantive people, that’s fact but it’s not fact that they’ve taken over”

That was nearly 3 weeks ago mind

Guest godzilla

He touched on it briefly in true faith podcast on 24th June

Said theres 3 parties (at least)

“I know one other group and I know who they are and I speak to them but I’m not allowed to talk about who they are as it would violate the terms of whatever agreements they’ve got”

“They also claim to have made good progress but by good progress what does that mean. Well there’s been no exclusivity agreement with anyone group and don’t think that’ll happen now as Ashley wants to talk to as many people as possible to maybe drive the price up, it is around £350m, money is being moved around, accounts being checked, some of those data room things have happened or happening it’s now the end of June and the window is closing”

“The group that I know about, there’s substantive people involved and the people they are advised by and doing their negotiations are substantive people, that’s fact but it’s not fact that they’ve taken over”

That was nearly 3 weeks ago mind

Thing is IF there are 3 groups on the horizon then that is actually playing into Ashley's hands as he will try and counter one against the other to get the best deal. Unfortunately though at present Ashley's game is not working in his favour or the groups either. We can only await for it being official it's off or on, I was hoping that would be today but what came out muddied the water even further.

I've got to believe the price has been a agreed with all parties and now he is trying to wrangle favorable advertising terms with the prospective buyers.  However he's fighting battles on multiple fronts. He lost 150M with the Debenhams debacle.  He's embrolied with Goals Soccer Center.  He's lost two key execs from SD.  I wonder how much time he has for any one of these issues.  He has to be vomiting in a helluva a lot of fireplaces these days.