Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

On the football front, Rafa had me believing we could get something from any game.

Does Brewcie give you that feeling?

There lies the difference

Had that scary reminder thinking of the fixtures. At the end of last season I thought we could probably beat anyone at home and manage a draw or win away if we get our luck. Imagining a full strength team with Longstaff, Miggy, Rondon and Perez flying. Ugh.

I’m very well certain we will back to the Pre Rafa days of losing before we even turn up type matches. Away to a city on a Saturday? Aye we’ve def lost 5-1 and it’s already Thursday!

I’m genuinely depressed at how many idiots support us though I guess that’s societal rather than football. But fucking hell the way he’s been able to come out with one bullshit interview and get the fans on strings again. It beggars belief

Think it was during that takeover stuff that Douglas (might’ve been Caulkin) said that that’s what they rely on - the morons who can’t stop going still going. If they actually stopped going Ashley would be fucked.

Have you ever tried talking to one of them though? It’s like the Brexit thing, they just double down with bullshit believing some who doesn’t give a fuck about them.

I think tomorrow could be the worst day of Ashleys life and reading the reports this morning it's not just the share price that's going to go bad for him, it looks like the major sportsware manufacturers have got the hump with Ashley because he won't promote their latest goods and prefers to try and flog older cheaper stock first.

Worst case scenario is that have takes SD off the stock market and only sells his own brands, what a clusterfuck

Oh man, Monday could be BRUTAL for him. My company is publicly traded in the USA; if my chairman and CEO on a day like Friday went out on the lash (had to be drunk in that interview, hah) and spout all that nonsense on a day where they delayed earnings, have over a billion in tax due to Belgium, CFO walked, and stock price down 24% in the quarter, well he’d be ousted on Monday and or all the folks we do business with would be walking from us immediately. Man needs to be locked up. He’s insane, and he’s got a declined share price of nearly 70% in the past 5 years lol. He was low 700 per share and he closed Friday at 230, ffs lol.

I’m quite relaxed about those that choose to boycott and those who don’t.

Say 6000 fans boycott but other new fans are found through cheap tickets, it’s already a noticeable drop and we’ll be posting sub-50k attendances. I’m sure next season more will notice this decide it’s something worth doing and drop out themselves and it will start becoming cumulative.

It’s a gradual process but boycotters are best if they don’t have a go at other non-boycotters, just stick at it and set an example to attendees that a life can be found outside of football.

So needs to be a phased target really

Year 1 - 49k

Year 2 - 44k

Year 3 - 39k etc

I think this too, and it's an important point. The overwhelming majority of those who have packed it in this year won't be back next year if things are the same, yet more will reach their tipping point and join them.

Eventually it'll be an empty, soulless ground with just a few happy-clapper morons. It'll take time, but it'll happen. We just need to keep plugging away at people.

On paper this makes sense but I believe adding to his SD woes is vital right now.

Long term if we can reduce the crowds to the point that we impact him financially then that would be great, but in the short term we need to give him another problem on top of SD, and a crowd of 42k (at worst in the current state) is not that.

With SD in the bad position it is at the moment we should do all we can to put pressure on SD. He will do anything to save SD. At the end thats his baby and he would rather sell the club if it ment he could keep SD.

This tax thing could be very good if we could spin on that.

With SD in the bad position it is at the moment we should do all we can to put pressure on SD. He will do anything to save SD. At the end thats his baby and he would rather sell the club if it ment he could keep SD.

What pressure can we put on SD? Time to focus on the club surely?

The attacks on their twitter feed were effective, I thought.

The first thing is the boycott, that's the single biggest thing we can do, but I also think we could be raising the profile of his current issues as well as stirring up the issues of the past that may not have had the exposure they deserved, more so on an international scale.

Can we stop calling it sports direct United. He’d rename the club that if he could.

Plus everytime anyone says it, it's putting his company in the public. Better with Ashley FC.

Yup, that’s where I’m coming from.

NUFC fans can only have an impact on local people and stores. Shoppers in Aldershot and Wrexham won't give a shit so the overall impact will be minimal at best although any inconveniece that can be caused to SD will be good.

The main focus should be on NUFC and personal criticism of Ashley. Play on his thin skin.

Just seen his latest rant. Urgh. All I can say is, seriously any fan putting another penny into his coffers, even the remainder of season ticket money, needs their head checked asap. Complete pisstake of a football club these days.

The whole sorry caper is too much for me; what makes it worse is knowing an insignificant percentage are willing to stand up for themselves. Nearly 50,000 people think what's happened is good enough. I genuinely think I'd feel a lot better if I knew the place was going to be empty against Arsenal. I'd still feel part of something. Instead, I feel completely detached.

I'm off to Bradford City next week, I can't wait.

This is it for me too, detached is the perfect word. I just feel so far away from those people, I can't comprehend anyone facilitating the continuation of the destruction of everything this, or any football club, should represent.