Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

He didn't WANT to go to China ffs, he wanted to stay here and make it work, when it became blatently obvious it couldn't because of Ashley, he had to look at other options.

:lol: he knew last summer he could never change Ashley ffs. That’s why he told them in May after one meeting.

f*** sake it is possible to believe Ashley is a c*** who f***ed Rafa about and didn’t share his ambition and also believe Rafa saw a way out and a lucrative one at that

Well we agree then, wanted to stay, couldn't, so went.

Pretty much aye but let’s not kid ourselves that the offer from China didn’t turn his head and make up his decision. I’m not that naive, but ultimately he left coz Ashley is a cunt.

Anyway hope he loses it all

They should have had Rafa's contract sorted out a year ago at least. Any normal club would have. He wanted to stay but who can blame him for talking to other clubs if your current club let your contract run into it's final months/days. He'd be stupid not to start looking for another job.

Fat lying leech trying to blame Rafa. And supporters lapping it up. Clubs fucked.

Could be here for life, f*** that’s painful, would only take not even a season of no one  attending the match, the premier league wouldn’t stand for it for starters. But too many “he will go eventually, I’m staying put” when we could be rid of him in a season, where’s the logic

Unfortunately I think mike is right on this one.

You sir, are a rectangle. :mung:

Rafa made too many demands (same as at previous clubs) he wanted to go to China & signed a pre contract agreement he also applied for the Leicester job. Go form an opinion, research both sides of the argument or failing that just fuck off.

Actually, 2nd shot here.

Fuck off, I mean that, you’re on the wrong place here.

This place is full of people who have done so much for this club. People who started the flags, the singing corners etc, all of them on here. People who started Ashley Out, the Magpie group, all on here. People who have took up their own time to look into how Ashley conducts his businesses and how it effects NUFC, on here. People who have tried to ask him questions, even buying shares in his companies to do so, on here. People who have put their hands in their pockets to start protests against him, on here. People who have put their faces to protests and risked pesky legal action designed to intimidate them into submission, on here. People who have got into contact with business contacts in order to make attempts to buy the club, on here.

These people are on here, and they have done more to support this club than those who just accept what Ashley says, buying season tickets and merchandise blindly.

If you want to do that, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit are readily available, but don’t come here and start spitting the shit you have licked off Ashley’s arse to us.

Glorious post.

Should clarify Rafa made too many demands than an owner would like. I've not turned on Rafa he's a hero, as i said previously learnt new info after he left.

Rafa wanted the final say on transfers, that definitely got in the way of Mike's plans, if that is what you mean by too many demands then it was a fundamental difference in what the club was about. I can get that owners want to run the club their own way, but I don't think you can hire a manager of Rafa's stature and expect him to have players coming in over his head.

I do get that it is Asley's club and he can have whatever transfer policy suits him, but then he hired the wrong manager in Benitez, he should have stuck with his tried and tested policy of hiring doormats like Pardew and Mcclaren. Now that Rafa has gone, we have come full circle with Steve Bruce stepping in to rubber stamp the transfers in and out.

Rafa made too many demands (same as at previous clubs) he wanted to go to China & signed a pre contract agreement he also applied for the Leicester job. Go form an opinion, research both sides of the argument or failing that just fuck off.

Interview is already serving its purpose, then.

Just said this on twitter and Facebook. It seems all the halfwits amongst our fan base have believed Ashley's lies once again.

Literally lost the will to live in terms of this club. A large part of our fan base are complete fucking mongs. I honestly can't get my head around how dense they are.

Enjoy Ashley FC you utter cretins.

Guest Howaythetoon

Stiffler  :smitten:

As for Ashley, not read any of his shite so dunno what he said, but that lick of paint on the SJP walls is so tempting me into actually buying all the boxes left, fuck season tickets. Must resist!

Bruce’s Donnay army indeed!

He didn't WANT to go to China ffs, he wanted to stay here and make it work, when it became blatently obvious it couldn't because of Ashley, he had to look at other options.

:lol: he knew last summer he could never change Ashley ffs. That’s why he told them in May after one meeting.

f*** sake it is possible to believe Ashley is a c*** who f***ed Rafa about and didn’t share his ambition and also believe Rafa saw a way out and a lucrative one at that

Pretty much aye but let’s not kid ourselves that the offer from China didn’t turn his head and make up his decision. I’m not that naive, but ultimately he left coz Ashley is a cunt.

You keep saying it but why the fuck would Rafa want to stay just to keep us up?`

No training ground upgrades.. we've bought Joelinton who could be great but has never scored more than 7 league goals in a season.. even if we buy Saint Maximin he lacks end product, could be great and I hope we sign him but its a gamble.

Your asking a bloke coming into the twilight of his management career to trust a known charlatan.

Was Keegan not a warning?

I agree with you. Calm down

After half a beer and lemonade I went full on William Wallace

Guest reefatoon

Rafa made too many demands (same as at previous clubs) he wanted to go to China & signed a pre contract agreement he also applied for the Leicester job. Go form an opinion, research both sides of the argument or failing that just f*** off.

Just said this on twitter and Facebook. It seems all the halfwits amongst our fan base have believed Ashley's lies once again.

Literally lost the will to live in terms of this club. A large part of our fan base are complete f***ing mongs. I honestly can't get my head around how dense they are.

Enjoy Ashley FC you utter cretins.

You will find it will be all the people who still want to go to the match. They will jump on this too as another part of their excuse bible on why they are going. Knackers.

Guest covmag

Not getting stressed about it,proven liar at a club I dont enjoy anymore.

Let them all get on with it.Fuckwits the lot.

It would be a travesty for borderline fans to be taken in by this codswallop.

Now is the time to push back harder than ever.

We simply must boycott the club immediately!

It's absolutely insane to think that anyone believes what MA spouts to be gospel.

The regime have literally admitted to misleading everyone in the past. It's almost like the last 12 years just hasn't happened.

This.

After 12 years of his lies & ridiculous decisions,, the treatment of good NUFC men like Keegan Shearer, Hughton, Gutierrez & Benitez, the jobs he has dished out to his clueless mates like Wise, Kinnear & Lambias, the asset-stripping & money being siphoned into SD, the neglect of SJP & club infrastructure, the contempt he has shown this club, the fans and the city....AND the fact he is proven to be a LIAR in court.......anybody, and I mean anybody who believes a word of what Ashley has said, is quite frankly a fucking idiot of the highest order.

Get to fuck man, you absolute clown.

You keep saying it but why the fuck would Rafa want to stay just to keep us up?`

No training ground upgrades.. we've bought Joelinton who could be great but has never scored more than 7 league goals in a season.. even if we buy Saint Maximin he lacks end product, could be great and I hope we sign him but its a gamble.

Your asking a bloke coming into the twilight of his management career to trust a known charlatan.

Was Keegan not a warning?

I agree with you. Calm down

After half a beer and lemonade I went full on William Wallace

:lol: :thup:

What a set of interviews. My goodness.

Having read all of that and thought about everything that has gone on since MA took over the club, I genuinely do think he is excited about having Steve Bruce of all people, and here's why ... because they are both basic, bargain bucket, kebab eating, beer drinking dudes. MA all along has just wanted a manager that he relates to on this kind of level, and one who will agree to his buying policies in regards to player acquisitions. Nothing more nothing less.

MA does not care to be sold some dream that accomplishes anything that is outside of how he wants to approach bringing in players, regardless of how decorated or experienced the manager selling him these ideas is. He wants someone that will do it his way, and is at the same time someone he can relate to personally. Going out drinking and vomiting as he likes to do.

Look at the managers we've had ...

Allardyce - For MA, definitely the one that got away. Going back he would have never got rid of this guy IMO. Provided of course Fat Sam agreed to the buying policy. They would have loved hanging out together though, no doubt.

Keegan - Way too ambitious and intensely passionate about the heights the club should be at, having had it challenging for the title himself. On a personal level also a disaster. Can only imagine how awkward it was when they were in a room together.

Joe Kinnear - An ideal match for MA on a personal level. Already good drinking mates having met at the pub for goodness sake. Unfortunately for Ashley the man was so outdated and incompetent, not to mention completely mental, that it was never going to work footballing wise.

Alan Shearer - A roll of the dice to galvanise the team and keep them up. Would never have kept him on regardless of that being successful or not. Wouldn't have worked on any level between the two.

Chris Hughton - From MA's point of view too "boring" I would imagine. Hughton was way too dignified, professional, calm and quiet to hang out with MA and the lads.

Alan Pardew - We have to thank the good Lord above everyday that the Palace job came up for this clown, at a time the fans were sick of him. Otherwise he may well still be here. More of a mate of Llambias, and prbably a bit young and "hip" for MA off the pitch, but from MA's point of view still one of the lads and would not contest the way the club was run.

Steve McClaren - Too depressing to be around off the pitch, and his down in the dumps demeanour was likely rubbing off on the players too. Also too posh for Mike and the lads.

Rafa Benitez - Similar to Alan Shearer, another desperate punt to try and keep the club up. In reality MA would never have given him the job otherwise. Too serious about the game, too professional, too foreign to get MA's jokes etc etc.

Think under Bruce we are now going to likely have some of the best young talent we've ever seen come into the club as MA has a manager he seemingly really likes, and so we'll see if that criteria will be good enough to actually achieve anything with these players.

Ashely is so fucking stupid.

the more you read that mail article. the more you actually realise the fat cunt is actually thick as fuck.

let's just move on from the Rafa saga for the moment.

if he really was now as ambitious as he says why didnt he go for a top, or even up and coming coach? why Bruce?

it seems genuinely to be because Bruce is a geordie and he thought the fans would be grateful to have "one of their own" in the hot seat.

he says he's more shocked at the response to Bruce's appointment than he is to Rafa's leaving.

unfuckingbelievable.