Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

He is good.

Not sure many others could attack the dispicable owners of other clubs than their own, the way he does.

At the Boro game in the championship after the stadium naming carry-on he intro'd the show with "welcome to St James Park, or to give its official title, St James Park".

Formula 1 has been absolutely sh********t since he left it too.

This whole contrarian bullshit is sickening. Rafa wanted more every single time because that is what ambition essentially equates to in football, business and life. Nobody f***ing advances in life sitting around and not demanding more. Rafa believed this clubs should be achieving more and competing with the very best, and he felt the city and its supporters deserved that. For any single Newcastle United fan who can’t even see that, be it the brexit crew or the minority or majority of match goers etc. -  you need to be sent back to school and taught how to use your f***ing brain.

How dare Rafa the Spaniard want more for this city and club?! We should be thankful for being in the PL because Mike saved us from debt and administration right? He has allowed arguably the most prized asset in the NE become a mockery in the daily papers, p*ssed off legends and allowed the facilities to fall below proper standards.

Nah but please carry on. We don’t know the full story. Always 2 sides. Rafa was only in it for money. Keep the faith.

f*** off.

But you will still follow games and want Sports Direct United to win?

I live In Florida. At 7 or 9 or 10a on a Saturday or Sunday I’ll watch and follow our matches on tv yes. And when I watch my teams, I want them to win.

Not sure how you can call Sports Direct United (cos that's what it is) your club, but carry on.

You really are a simpleton. The guy makes an excellent post that I'm sure 95% of people on here agree with and you can make a childish dig.

I enjoyed the last 2/3 seasons with Rafa and the team played a part in that so yeah, I'll support them from afar without giving a penny to the club. If the day comes when those players have been replaced by Bruce's men then yes, my affiliation will have diminished.

I'd sarcastically tell you to carry on, but aware you will relentlessly anyway.

Guest chopey

I think tomorrow could be the worst day of Ashleys life and reading the reports this morning it's not just the share price that's going to go bad for him, it looks like the major sportsware manufacturers have got the hump with Ashley because he won't promote their latest goods and prefers to try and flog older cheaper stock first.

Worst case scenario is that have takes SD off the stock market and only sells his own brands, what a clusterfuck

I think tomorrow could be the worst day of Ashleys life and reading the reports this morning it's not just the share price that's going to go bad for him, it looks like the major sportsware manufacturers have got the hump with Ashley because he won't promote their latest goods and prefers to try and flog older cheaper stock first.

Worst case scenario is that have takes SD off the stock market and only sells his own brands, what a clusterfuck

http://i.imgur.com/VDjowbk.gif

Just seen his latest rant. Urgh. All I can say is, seriously any fan putting another penny into his coffers, even the remainder of season ticket money, needs their head checked asap. Complete pisstake of a football club these days.

This whole contrarian bullshit is sickening. Rafa wanted more every single time because that is what ambition essentially equates to in football, business and life. Nobody f***ing advances in life sitting around and not demanding more. Rafa believed this clubs should be achieving more and competing with the very best, and he felt the city and its supporters deserved that. For any single Newcastle United fan who can’t even see that, be it the brexit crew or the minority or majority of match goers etc. -  you need to be sent back to school and taught how to use your f***ing brain.

How dare Rafa the Spaniard want more for this city and club?! We should be thankful for being in the PL because Mike saved us from debt and administration right? He has allowed arguably the most prized asset in the NE become a mockery in the daily papers, p*ssed off legends and allowed the facilities to fall below proper standards.

Nah but please carry on. We don’t know the full story. Always 2 sides. Rafa was only in it for money. Keep the faith.

f*** off.

I live In Florida. At 7 or 9 or 10a on a Saturday or Sunday I’ll watch and follow our matches on tv yes. And when I watch my teams, I want them to win.

Not sure how you can call Sports Direct United (cos that's what it is) your club, but carry on.

You really are a simpleton. The guy makes an excellent post that I'm sure 95% of people on here agree with and you can make a childish dig.

I enjoyed the last 2/3 seasons with Rafa and the team played a part in that so yeah, I'll support them from afar without giving a penny to the club. If the day comes when those players have been replaced by Bruce's men then yes, my affiliation will have diminished.

Ignore him. He needs help. Ideally offline.

Just seen his latest rant. Urgh. All I can say is, seriously any fan putting another penny into his coffers, even the remainder of season ticket money, needs their head checked asap. Complete pisstake of a football club these days.

The whole sorry caper is too much for me; what makes it worse is knowing an insignificant percentage are willing to stand up for themselves. Nearly 50,000 people think what's happened is good enough. I genuinely think I'd feel a lot better if I knew the place was going to be empty against Arsenal. I'd still feel part of something. Instead, I feel completely detached.

I'm off to Bradford City next week, I can't wait.

Exactly how I feel. I'm doing the right thing stopping away and hearing about people who are stopping going after 40 years only to be replaced by these super fans who don't give a f*** annoys me

Beyond me what anyone going to that Arsenal game thinks they are supporting or what the point in it is

The whole sorry caper is too much for me; what makes it worse is knowing an insignificant percentage are willing to stand up for themselves. Nearly 50,000 people think what's happened is good enough. I genuinely think I'd feel a lot better if I knew the place was going to be empty against Arsenal. I'd still feel part of something. Instead, I feel completely detached.

I'm off to Bradford City next week, I can't wait.

Just a case of sitting back and watching those same people complain when the transfer window closes and we've only signed 2 players. They'll chant "get out of our club" like they're doing their part, and Ashley will be sat there next to Charnley having a good laugh at them because they paid something like £700 to do it.

Guest covmag

On the football front, Rafa had me believing we could get something from any game.

Does Brewcie give you that feeling?

There lies the difference

Guest covmag

On the football front, Rafa had me believing we could get something from any game.

Does Brewcie give you that feeling?

There lies the difference

Does get hammered count?

Wey aye, I think Arsenal will be the start fancy 0-4 at least, is that bet of 8/1 still available to lose first 3 games anyone know?

I’m quite relaxed about those that choose to boycott and those who don’t.

Say 6000 fans boycott but other new fans are found through cheap tickets, it’s already a noticeable drop and we’ll be posting sub-50k attendances. I’m sure next season more will notice this decide it’s something worth doing and drop out themselves and it will start becoming cumulative.

It’s a gradual process but boycotters are best if they don’t have a go at other non-boycotters, just stick at it and set an example to attendees that a life can be found outside of football.

So needs to be a phased target really

Year 1 - 49k

Year 2 - 44k

Year 3 - 39k etc

f*** off.

Anyone in their right mind knows the club died when Rafa left, but carry on supporting SD United, Ashley FC, take your pick.

f*** off.

Anyone in their right mind knows the club died when Rafa left, but carry on supporting SD United, Ashley FC, take your pick.

Nah. The club died long ago. Rafa was just that thing that dead people sometimes do, that fills you with hope.

Can we stop calling it sports direct United. He’d rename the club that if he could.

Hope he does. That's what the match going crowd deserve; especially if they were genuinely asking Bruce for a wave yesterday.

Guest The Little Waster

f*** off.

The clubs been dead eleven years , most people were fooled by an occasionally twitching corpse ...

I’m quite relaxed about those that choose to boycott and those who don’t.

Say 6000 fans boycott but other new fans are found through cheap tickets, it’s already a noticeable drop and we’ll be posting sub-50k attendances. I’m sure next season more will notice this decide it’s something worth doing and drop out themselves and it will start becoming cumulative.

It’s a gradual process but boycotters are best if they don’t have a go at other non-boycotters, just stick at it and set an example to attendees that a life can be found outside of football.

So needs to be a phased target really

Year 1 - 49k

Year 2 - 44k

Year 3 - 39k etc

I think this too, and it's an important point. The overwhelming majority of those who have packed it in this year won't be back next year if things are the same, yet more will reach their tipping point and join them.

Eventually it'll be an empty, soulless ground with just a few happy-clapper morons. It'll take time, but it'll happen. We just need to keep plugging away at people.