Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

It's not really about blocking the views - that's just the angle taken correctly as the views are protected by planning policy - not that usually bothers those in NCC.

It's about trying any means possible to block this development, to safeguard the land for future use by a proper NUFC, that wants to be abitious and be something, and that doesn't necessarily mean expanding the stadium. From what we understand the sale report in the press to the new developers has not yet gone through and is subject to them getting this planning consent.

Given the long term lease for this land was effectivly stolen from the club by Mike Ashley when he gave it to his prospective son in law for way below market value - it would be great if we could block this.

This land could be used by an ambition clubs for a number of things, as a gateway into Newcastle United and as a commercial opportunity. But no, Ashley has stripped it away and his prospective son in law stands to make millions from doing almost nothing. Money that, at the very least should be going to Newcastle United.

Owns Bordeaux, right? How’s that going then?

They own 14% of Bordeaux.

Ok, but the chairman and CEO of GACP, Joseph DaGrosa, seems to be the president of Bordeaux.

Nothing stopping then from owning 14% and having the ceo mace president of the Football club.

Ok, but the chairman and CEO of GACP, Joseph DaGrosa, seems to be the president of Bordeaux.

Nothing stopping then from owning 14% and having the ceo mace president of the Football club.

Well that would be quite an escalation.

Never thought of it this way but it’s a good point. The fact they’ve already bought a club would suggest they wouldn’t p*ss about with all of this if they weren’t serious about trying to buy us as well.

Sod it, I’m back in.

SNvo.gif

It wouldn't be done in public though would it?

It's not really about blocking the views - that's just the angle taken correctly as the views are protected by planning policy - not that usually bothers those in NCC.

It's about trying any means possible to block this development, to safeguard the land for future use by a proper NUFC, that wants to be abitious and be something, and that doesn't necessarily mean expanding the stadium. From what we understand the sale report in the press to the new developers has not yet gone through and is subject to them getting this planning consent.

Given the long term lease for this land was effectivly stolen from the club by Mike Ashley when he gave it to his prospective son in law for way below market value - it would be great if we could block this.

This land could be used by an ambition clubs for a number of things, as a gateway into Newcastle United and as a commercial opportunity. But no, Ashley has stripped it away and his prospective son in law stands to make millions from doing almost nothing. Money that, at the very least should be going to Newcastle United.

:thup: Done.

Well that would be quite an escalation.

Cant let that go by without a  :lol: :lol:

Fuck that, I’m fine with this, blocking out SD Arena is OK with me. They can keep their shitty Premier League SD branded ground to 53k and out of view!

I’m thinking a more long term view for when this parasite has finally been prised off the club. I don’t want potential expansion in the future limited just because of this vindictive puddle of slime.

Yep, we’re fucked if it goes ahead. Another east stand situation

Yes true, they front the club. I think they bought the club with King Street (owning 86% of the club).

I remember being livid when Sir John's attempts to build a bigger stadium on the town moor were blocked by the tree hugger lobby, but as I've got older my mind has changed somewhat. The stadium itself already towers over the city centre skyline, and football stadiums aren't exactly the most aesthetically pleasing architecture on the eye. Obviously while it's there you would like it to be as big as possible, but I think we will always have trouble trying to extend bang in the middle of the city centre. That said, the proposed buildings look like a massive eyesore so it's a double whammy. Ashley has done a proper number on Newcastle.

Mike is just pissed that Nike and Adidas refuse to allow him to stock their best gear.  He has seen how well JD have done with the premium gear and wants a piece of that action.  And why would a respectable sports company allow their best gear to be sold in a shit hole shop?  He has built an empire on cheap tat and now he has to live with it. 

Mike is just p*ssed that Nike and Adidas refuse to allow him to stock their best gear.  He has seen how well JD have done with the premium gear and wants a piece of that action.  And why would a respectable sports company allow their best gear to be sold in a s*** hole shop?  He has built an empire on cheap tat and now he has to live with it.

This is exactly it, I’m surprised by his outburst and he’s currently spending a fortune upscaling certain stores to try and get in on the action.

I wonder if his plan has gone tits up and he’s decided to press the nuclear button.

Mike Ashley, the owner of Newcastle United, had his hand outstretched and a grin on his face. Manchester United were in town and Ed Woodward, the club’s executive vice-chairman, had just appeared in the boardroom of St James’ Park. Ashley went over to greet him and his opening line was probably an accurate reflection of the state of the two clubs.

“The most unpopular man in football meets the second most unpopular man in football,” he said.

At least Woodward could see the funny side. Ashley then introduced him to one of his associates, who turned out to be a Manchester United supporter and wanted to know why the club kept announcing “all these noodle deals” rather than player signings. Woodward’s explanation was that the two could go hand-in-hand and, without the “noodle deals”, it would be a lot harder to make the signings. Which sounded fair enough — and a line, almost certainly, he has had to trot out many times in his encounters with supporters.

Mike Ashley, the owner of Newcastle United, had his hand outstretched and a grin on his face. Manchester United were in town and Ed Woodward, the club’s executive vice-chairman, had just appeared in the boardroom of St James’ Park. Ashley went over to greet him and his opening line was probably an accurate reflection of the state of the two clubs.

“The most unpopular man in football meets the second most unpopular man in football,” he said.

At least Woodward could see the funny side. Ashley then introduced him to one of his associates, who turned out to be a Manchester United supporter and wanted to know why the club kept announcing “all these noodle deals” rather than player signings. Woodward’s explanation was that the two could go hand-in-hand and, without the “noodle deals”, it would be a lot harder to make the signings. Which sounded fair enough — and a line, almost certainly, he has had to trot out many times in his encounters with supporters.

ewwwww, the dicks touched!

Should be worth a listen

I’ve thought this for a while. 

- Spurs valuation is 1.6 million ours 350 million*.   

- Kenyon believes he can bridge the gap through properly running the club. 

- Kenyon does not have the money to buy.

- Ashley does not have the skills to run the club and he cannot sell the club. 

- His primary/only motivation for owning the club is sport direct.  Sport direct will benefit more with a successful Newcastle.

Why would he not look to someone like Kenyon to run the club, maybe with some outside investment?  Potential the club adds a billion to its valuation.  Sports direct gets positive press and coverage.  As much as I hate the bloke I don’t go along with the line that he’s an utter moron or that he despises us and is punishing us.  He likes a gamble this seems like a decent one to me.

Edit - basically say Kenyon has 50% of the money through backers.  In effect Ashley could say I’ll in effect be the other 50% of the backers.  He get 175 million now.  The group own the club and run it.  Maybe his 175 million turns into 500 million. 

* https://www.forbes.com/teams/tottenham-hotspur/#6aa109f453ed

https://www.forbes.com/teams/newcastle-united/#6e8aaf94733d

Should be worth a listen

I’ve thought this for a while. 

- Spurs valuation is 1.6 million ours 350 million*.   

- Kenyon believes he can bridge the gap through properly running the club. 

- Kenyon does not have the money to buy.

- Ashley does not have the skills to run the club and he cannot sell the club. 

- His primary/only motivation for owning the club is sport direct.  Sport direct will benefit more with a successful Newcastle.

Why would he not look to someone like Kenyon to run the club, maybe with some outside investment?  Potential the club adds a billion to its valuation.  Sports direct gets positive press and coverage.  As much as I hate the bloke I don’t go along with the line that he’s an utter moron or that he despises us and is punishing us.  He likes a gamble this seems like a decent one to me.

Edit - basically say Kenyon has 50% of the money through backers.  In effect Ashley could say I’ll in effect be the other 50% of the backers.  He get 175 million now.  The group own the club and run it.  Maybe his 175 million turns into 500 million. 

* https://www.forbes.com/teams/tottenham-hotspur/#6aa109f453ed

https://www.forbes.com/teams/newcastle-united/#6e8aaf94733d

Mike Ashley runs the club purely for the benefit of sports direct.

He has no intentions of seeing the club progress.