Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I tell you something, at least all of these new potential owners are consistent. They all seem to pass on their updates to the journalists just in time for them to write it up for the Sunday papers.

I tell you something, at least all of these new potential owners are consistent. They all seem to pass on their updates to the journalists just in time for them to write it up for the Sunday papers.

I know, I sometimes wonder whether it's all just a load of shite to sell newspapers and act as clickbait...... it can't be though, the british press wouldn't do that

The classic ‘by the end of the year’. Which of course will drag on throughout January.

Was just going to post the same... no signings during the window because of the 'takeover' uncertainty, followed by one or two last ditch loan signings before it closes, when the 'takeover' hasn't completed.

Rinse and repeat.

Also saw this earlier... Ashley in another legal battle, this time in the US...

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-7617373/Mike-Ashley-engulfed-100m-legal-battle.html

Ashley engulfed in $100m US legal battle

Sports Direct billionaire Mike Ashley has become embroiled in a bitter legal row over his ambitious plan to take a slice of the lucrative United States sportswear market.

The row centres on Sports Direct's $100million (£78million) acquisition of 50 shops to 'provide a footprint in US retail and a platform from which to grow US online sales'.

But the complex deal to seize the Eastern Outfitters retail group, in Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection at the time, has turned sour after Sports Direct was accused of short-changing one of the company's lenders.

I have to say also, with the number of 'big' teams faltering at the moment, or going through a transition, this would be a great time for someone with a good plan to take over a premier league club with potential.

Someone really needs to step up and buy the club man. There's such a great opportunity at hand.

Somebody (we know who) needs to step up and sell the club.

I have to say also, with the number of 'big' teams faltering at the moment, or going through a transition, this would be a great time for someone with a good plan to take over a premier league club with potential.

Someone really needs to step up and buy the club man. There's such a great opportunity at hand.

Somebody (we know who) needs to step up and sell the club.

Oh, absolutely. I just wish someone that could, would take a punt and pay a bit over the odds as that is the only way Ashley will sell up, due to his ego.

I'm not so sure if a Kenyon led Ashley controlled Newcastle is the best way to go, however I don't think Ashley wants another relegation.

Excuse my ignorance, but why do we think this would be the case?

Just the fact he's paying for it over three years with the TV money and Ashley gets to keep his advertising, if it goes tits up Ashley will either gain control again or there will be an almighty battle just like rangers,....... Just speculating like.

Season is going swimmingly for Mike:

- out of the cup first opportunity

- 17th

- conveniently didn’t spend the whole transfer budget

- patsy manager working a treat

- fan protest got the biggest gate of the season

- no dissent or atmosphere in the ground

- 100% real takeover talks still making the back pages

- on Tv nearly every weekend

I'm feeling the apathy.  I think it has been a gradual process.  Didn't even flinch when Wolves equalised yesterday.

Yeah, I feel apathy about individual things happening in games, but pain about the situation of the club.

I actually felt better when Wolves scored, the only thing that makes it logical is Newcastle losing and getting relegated. Otherwise Ashley is shafting us and getting what he wants.

Think I'm more agreeing with Ian here.  Think it's more gutting than anything tho trying to mask it with apathy.

Is anyone else worried that when the FCB is no longer here that they will be too far gone/too far down the line for them to just jump back in to it all again?  I've seen a few posters say they gave up going to matches/giving a shit a long time ago and it was tough at first but got over it.  Say Ashley sold up end of this season how easy would it be for these folk to jump back aboard the crazy train?

Is anyone else worried that when the FCB is no longer here that they will be too far gone/too far down the line for them to just jump back in to it all again?  I've seen a few posters say they gave up going to matches/giving a shit a long time ago and it was tough at first but got over it.  Say Ashley sold up end of this season how easy would it be for these folk to jump back aboard the crazy train?

Yeah I am. It has got broader to me that I just think club football(in its current form) is a waste of time. It’s basically who’s owner has the biggest wallet or who invested before the fair play rules etc. 

I actually prefer watching sports at national level now as at least that is an almost fair competition. 

I'm ready to get back on board as soon as he's out the door.

I honestly don’t know, in a lot of ways it’s been a relief not having to worry about the premier league and all its nonsense. I’ve enjoyed the non league football and baseball too.

Depends really, if we get a solid owner and run the club well I’ll probably go back. But the PL just being about who has the best sheik is kind of shit.

Although results etc don't make any difference to how I feel these days, I still watch most of our games.

I'd fucking love to get back into the ground with a genuinely positive atmosphere, under a different owner and manager.

I really miss it, although I've pretty much switched off from the club other than live streams and here, I can't forget how much I used to enjoy it and think I'd jump head first back on the misery train :lol:

Imagine if consumers collectively realized how much power they actually had and refused to pay for tv-subscription, tickets, merchandise until it was at a more reasonable level. I don't think there's many people out there who doesn't think footballers are over paid and out of touch with the fans, or people that think tickets and tv subscriptions are reasonably priced, agents in general are whores, leadership is corrupt etc. It would all come to a quick end if no money came in, and it would force a change for the better in the long run.

In a way Newcastle is a micro version of football as a product these days. A great majority thinks giving it up won't help because there's so many others that are not prepared to give it up, so it ends up that you just eat the shit you get served because it's better than nothing, kinda.