Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I’ve been thinking about it, and you know what, I don’t care if Ashley wins his deal anymore.

If the Saudi’s or anyone else came in and offers him £500m, plus 10 years SD sponsorship and 10 years of the SD running the club store, then I couldn’t give a fuck if he walks out with the best deal ever.

I want to be able to go back to SJP. I want to take my nieces to games.

Much more than that though, I want you to be able to do the same.

Everyone on here has been mopey for too long. I actually envy those who can turn a blind eye to Ashley and the club and still go to games, much more those who don’t know any different. Well I do to a degree.

I’m going to use people on her as an example, people who I have met.

HTT, a life long fan, chipped in financially with the Magpie group a year or so back. Once a season ticket holder, now he can’t go back. Now his love of his club has died so much, that he can’t even bare for his own child to sign for the academy when it was offered. How much is he hurting over that?

Yorkie. The lad was brought up in York, travelled up for games. One of the reasons why he studied in Newcastle was to go to games. A year or so ago when the Magpie group was going, he came up after a days graft to go to meetings, and came up for protests etc.

Greg. He lives away now, like Yorkie when the Magpie group started he came up from London after a days work for meetings etc. He has put a lot of time, money, and effort into the Magpie group, and then later the NUST.

Heron. A founding member of the Magpie group. He’s put a hell of a lot of money into the protests, and a hell of a lot of effort into it. Now, does anyone even hear from him? He’s that disillusioned with how the club is now.

There are people like this across our fan base. They deserve their club back, they deserve a team who are trying to be the best they can be, an ownership who are supportive. They deserve hope.

If getting all that back means Ashley walks away from the club as a rich man and someone has had to pay him daft money to fuck off, then honestly so be it.

I believe the interest from the Saudi’s/Staveley is real.

I’m not sure if Ashley will sell, but I hope he does. I hope either he realises that he’s had his fun and he can walk away with a bit of profit and fame, or he gets his stupidly good deal. I don’t care how he goes now, so long as he does, and so long as I, and you can get back to worrying about what the result is going to be at the weekend and nothing else.

Great post Stiffy, so many of us haven't just boycotted but completely lost heart, it's so sad to see and such a spectacular fall from where we were as supporters. That subhuman efluance has ripped the heart out of so many people, the length and breadth of the country and sits there like king of the castle while people still pour money into his pockets.

I'm in the same place as you, by hook or by crook he needs to be gone, I don't care who it is or what they have to do/pay to get rid of him, at this point in time I just want my club back, I want to celebrate winning again, I want to see us at least try and be as good as we can be, I don't know why it's too much to ask?

Guest Howaythetoon

I miss my club so much like I have to say and it eats at me even more now that I have two boys, one who is more footy daft than I ever was :(

I don't even hate Mike anymore. I almost feel like I understand him on some days. He has 45,000 loyalists who will support him unconditionally. There's no accountability. At this point I'm only disappointed that he doesn't have the balls to make us play in red and blue.

The fans though, I fucking hate them.

I don't even hate Mike anymore. I almost feel like I understand him on some days. He has 45,000 loyalists who will support him unconditionally. There's no accountability. At this point I'm only disappointed that he doesn't have the balls to make us play in red and blue.

The fans though, I fucking hate them.

This. 

The fans though, I f***ing hate them.

I will never understand Ashley. I will always feel disgust when I think about him.

I will always have respect for our fanbase.

If you hate our fans you must take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why. I’m sure the answer will be Mike Ashley.

The fans though, I f***ing hate them.

I will never understand Ashley. I will always feel disgust when I think about him.

I will always have respect for our fanbase.

If you hate our fans you must take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why. I’m sure the answer will be Mike Ashley.

Ashley is the main problem, but he doesn't make anyone give him money.

I’ll never hate fans that much for going, it’s a mad situation to be trapped in. Fans are ‘supposed to’ support their club, although obviously this is based on the premise that the club is trying.

That impulse is why football fans are so easy to exploit.

I’ll never hate fans that much for going, it’s a mad situation to be trapped in. Fans are ‘supposed to’ support their club, although obviously this is based on the premise that the club is trying.

That impulse is why football fans are so easy to exploit.

I get that fans want to go to watch their team, Newcastle fans have a reputation for being loyal and that's great. I don't understand why they have to be so passive though when the owner is shitting all over them. He barely even tries to hide it any more.

All the people who hate / don't agree with the fans who go. I would ask what do YOU do to get Ashley out of the club? If the answer is attend protest's, involved in organising/helping protest groups, give up my season ticket, don't shop at sports direct then I respect your opinion. If the answer is nothing then you are just as bad.

Guest godzilla

All the people who hate / don't agree with the fans who go. I would ask what do YOU do to get Ashley out of the club? If the answer is attend protest's, involved in organising/helping protest groups, give up my season ticket, don't shop at sports direct then I respect your opinion. If the answer is nothing then you are just as bad.

Think most fans who have a go will have given up their season tickets.

Doesn’t stop it making more sense than Kim’s mate or Hearn being involved. Who knows, there’s got to be a good chance that this will just peter out like BZG.

Old news this from the Gazette, it was in the press about a week and a half ago, says just how shite their journo’s are publishing old articles, fucking desperate. Salford Uni is where this so called expert lectures, wonder who he supports?

Guest The Little Waster

Its not a question of hating the supporters of SDFC , more a case of enquiring about how low their IQs are ... all anyone needs to do is walk away , you don't  have to attend protests etc , you've already done the most important thing you can ever do

Guest godzilla

Doesn’t stop it making more sense than Kim’s mate or Hearn being involved. Who knows, there’s got to be a good chance that this will just peter out like BZG.

Might do, and who is mentioning Hearn based off a Twitter report don’t think anyone is putting much credence in that. It’s a known fact they got turned down for Man Utd and yet he conveniently fails to mention that. All reports (including the likes of Caulkin) are saying there is definitely talks, which contradicts what he is  putting across, but as everyone is also saying, Ashley has to be a willing seller. to make it happen.

Completely contradicts himself plenty of times, no one in the area knows of any involvement but then later on says it's no where near as far as has been reported according to their contacts in the middle East? Says they'd rather have Man u but then goes on to say they wouldn't invest in another countries football as they have their own they're proud of. Which is also a contradiction as there are confirmed attempts to buy Man u. Absolute drivel, knows fuck all, same as all the other reporters.

Completely contradicts himself plenty of times, no one in the area knows of any involvement but then later on says it's no where near as far as has been reported according to their contacts in the middle East? Says they'd rather have Man u but then goes on to say they wouldn't invest in another countries football as they have their own they're proud of. Which is also a contradiction as there are confirmed attempts to buy Man u. Absolute drivel, knows fuck all, same as all the other reporters.

Yeah that article is a car crash. Absolute shite.

I enjoy him saying it wouldn't happen, but if it did happen it would be Man Utd, which would cost several billion and is loaded with debt.

Looked at his twitter, found this gem in which he says they wouldn't make money investing in a football club (they absolutely would if they grew a club into a commercial success like Liverpool and Spurs), and that they would only invest in money spinners like...Uber, which lost $8+ billion last year. He also ends with saying this would only happen if there were real estate investments to be had, too, which is seemingly why the Reubens are involved

Maybe he's right, I don't personally think we'll be takenover, but his opinions have plenty of holes in them.