Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

32 minutes ago, Holloway said:

So some Nufc fans shop at fat mans tat ? Fuck me sideways

Some people shop there exclusively. There is a reason why SD in Newcastle and the Metrocentre never closed down. The amount of people who boycotted his stores was small and insignificant.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Some people shop there exclusively. There is a reason why SD in Newcastle and the Metrocentre never closed down. The amount of people who boycotted his stores was small and insignificant.

How positively nonsensical

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

How positively nonsensical

Explain to me how not only did he keep his Newcastle SD stores open, but he felt the need to buy a building on Northumberland for £30m in recent years then?

You can choose to believe that most Newcastle fans stayed clear of his shop all you like, or you could wake up to the fact a lot of those who even said they did, never did. It’s just like the people who said they boycotted, but didn’t. Or those who called for a boycott, or called for a late walk in against West Ham, and didn’t bother.

Edited by Stifler

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Explain to me how not only did he keep his Newcastle SD stores open, but he felt the need to buy a building on Northumberland for £30m in recent years then?

I was talking about the 'fans' who continued to shop there as he ran us into the ground

Edited by Holloway

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

But they always had a closing down sale ?

Anyway, no boycotts of his tat would have worked. It was great to buy the kids stuff for school outward bound stuff.

1 minute ago, madras said:

But they always had a closing down sale ?

Anyway, no boycotts of his tat would have worked. It was great to buy the kids stuff for school outward bound stuff.

The closing down sales were marketing campaigns. Trading standards in the end told him he couldn’t do anymore.

50 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The closing down sales were marketing campaigns. Trading standards in the end told him he couldn’t do anymore.

Nnnnnnnnever ! 

I was taking the piss out of the constant closing down sales.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Nnnnnnnnever ! 

I was taking the piss out of the constant closing down sales.

Totally unrelated but reminded me of the Eisenegger shop in the Metro Centre. People of a certain age will remember their perpetual closing down sale and 90% off discount on shirts that were definitely never on sale for the tag price.

7 hours ago, Holloway said:

I was talking about the 'fans' who continued to shop there as he ran us into the ground

The ‘boycoutt’ was an online shouty campaign, with one march on a shop.  I doubt the majority were aware that there was one, and if they were weren’t going to pay more to get their kids PE clobber in order to get warm fuzzies and internet kudos.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t shop in his stores and refused to return to SJP - but I can’t condemn people in the poorest region of Grear Britain for wanting to buy sports gear as cheaply as they can. It feels like the middle-classes having a pop for the working-classes for not ensuring everything they buy is organic, whilst being blissfully unaware of what really having to budget looks like. 

8 hours ago, LeeB said:

Totally unrelated but reminded me of the Eisenegger shop in the Metro Centre. People of a certain age will remember their perpetual closing down sale and 90% off discount on shirts that were definitely never on sale for the tag price.

Officers Club was similar, notorious for having a permanent 90% off sale

Edited by macphisto

On 11/02/2023 at 02:10, TheBrownBottle said:

The ‘boycoutt’ was an online shouty campaign, with one march on a shop.  I doubt the majority were aware that there was one, and if they were weren’t going to pay more to get their kids PE clobber in order to get warm fuzzies and internet kudos.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t shop in his stores and refused to return to SJP - but I can’t condemn people in the poorest region of Grear Britain for wanting to buy sports gear as cheaply as they can. It feels like the middle-classes having a pop for the working-classes for not ensuring everything they buy is organic, whilst being blissfully unaware of what really having to budget looks like. 

I was just thinking along the lines of jumping ship to a retailer competing at the same level. You can't be shopping there as a Toon fan, it's gruesome

• 1 month later...

I know we have come good in the end but that Mansour takeover offer will always bother me. We could have Haaland playing for us right now and a boatload of recent trophies if Mike fucking Ashley didn't decide to get shit faced ffs [emoji38]