Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Thing is though, people are high and mighty about, "shouldn't wish a heart attack on anyone".

I cant remember anyone being so defensive in the MA thread.

I think it's tosspot behaviour wishing it on anyone tbh, but I can objectively understand why people might take that view with MA. Bruce? Nah.

Anyone getting teary over a couple of "f*** offs" and "tosspot" on a forum are massive snowflakes.

Who’s getting teary? Doesn’t bother me. Know the context before you post.

He was moaning that the board was toxic because he was getting called a pathetic poster while telling people to f*** off.

He’d already been called out by admins for trying to take the moral high ground while not having a leg to stand on.

Know your context LV. I said the board was toxic BEFORE I was called pathetic. My rant last night was about the match threads, and posters celebrating other teams scoring.

Neesy insulted me, I insulted him back. I didn't start it. You need to keep up son.  :rolleyes:

I know my context perfectly well. Sunshine.

Calling a board toxic then contributing to the toxicity. Then trying to take the moral high ground. To the extent that you got publicly slapped down by an admin.

Caught you out talking shit. Take the loss and move on.

:lol:

Now you’re just embarrassing yourself.

Bruce is a direct symptom of Mike Ashley and the way he handles the football club. Just like Pardew was. Obviously. Imagine just continuing, ”supporting the team” like nothing has happened, every time Mike Ashley fucks you in the arse.

I've stopped going to the games. I'm not spending any money on the club at all. I want Ashley out but I can't wish we lose. To me that is a fair position. I'm not just supporting the team like nothing has happened.

I'll be honest, that line of thinking is equally as confusing to me. As a win for the team is a win for Mike Ashley, I can't understand the logic.

I can't separate NUFC from Mike Ashley now so wishing bad results on the team is a by product of wishing ill fortune on Ashley.

Then why do you still post here?

What O-N said.

But you want the team to lose every game. What's the point in investing all that time watching the games and then posting on a messageboard about a team you want to lose? Makes zero sense.

Because it's my team. Where else am i going to vent with people with a common interest?

If this was another club's board, I think your question would be very valid.

FWIW i don't invest any time in watching us any more.

But it's not your team anymore. You've confirmed that. Why would you post on a message board about a team you don't watch?

Makes less than no sense.

I don't know how old you are but if you are lucky, you'll have seen how big we can get and how good it can be to support this club. I'm prepared to see the club sink to any depth if it means we have a chance of trying to get back to that level again.

I don't really care about Bruce particularly, it's just completely pointless

I don't agree. He's Ashley's shield. Keep chipping away at what's in front of Ashley and it exposes him again and he hates being in the firing line.

Bruce is a direct symptom of Mike Ashley and the way he handles the football club. Just like Pardew was. Obviously. Imagine just continuing, ”supporting the team” like nothing has happened, every time Mike Ashley fucks you in the arse.

I've stopped going to the games. I'm not spending any money on the club at all. I want Ashley out but I can't wish we lose. To me that is a fair position. I'm not just supporting the team like nothing has happened.

I'll be honest, that line of thinking is equally as confusing to me. As a win for the team is a win for Mike Ashley, I can't understand the logic.

I can't separate NUFC from Mike Ashley now so wishing bad results on the team is a by product of wishing ill fortune on Ashley.

Then why do you still post here?

What O-N said.

But you want the team to lose every game. What's the point in investing all that time watching the games and then posting on a messageboard about a team you want to lose? Makes zero sense.

Because it's my team. Where else am i going to vent with people with a common interest?

If this was another club's board, I think your question would be very valid.

FWIW i don't invest any time in watching us any more.

But it's not your team anymore. You've confirmed that. Why would you post on a message board about a team you don't watch?

Makes less than no sense.

I don't know how old you are but if you are lucky, you'll have seen how big we can get and how good it can be to support this club. I'm prepared to see the club sink to any depth if it means we have a chance of trying to get back to that level again.

I'm 34, previously been a season ticket holder for many years. Been all over Europe supporting the Toon, been to loads of away games. I understand we need Ashley out. I get it.

I'm doing what I can control. After Rafa left, I said I wouldn't go to any matches or spend any money until Ashley is gone.

That's what I am doing. I just can't want us to lose. We've been relegated twice, and came straight back up. If it happened a third time, I think we would come straight back up again.

The pressure on Ashley, on his businesses etc that makes perfect sense to me. Wishing Bruce has a heart attack, and constantly calling him a fat cunt - doesn't make sense to me.

Well others can and do want Ashleys club to lose. How about trying to empathise with them? Or just deal with it ffs.

:smug:

The Chronicle won’t tell us that though.

Feels somewhat arbitrary to compare beginnings and ends of seasons, but there is no denying that we are a worse team under Bruce that has had a lot of luck.  I'm almost certain Bruce's next 20 games will be worse.

Guest Howaythetoon

I can want them to lose because I don’t accept they are Newcastle United. They may as well be Sunderland for all I care in terms of what they mean to me. I’m now back to the stage however of wanting it all to crash and burn. Anything that makes Ashley lose money, Bruce lose his job and all those who financially pay for this to have their 90 mins ruined.

The patter on here is absolutely lifting at the minute like lads, from both sides of the coin. We're getting very close to just permanently binning off people who constantly bicker or incite arguments, one or two have already gone that way in recent months and more will follow if it continues like this, it's grim to read and even grimmer knowing that Mike Ashley would laugh his tits off at it all if he could be arsed to read it. I've posted on this forum or its previous iterations since shortly after the turn of the millennium and this is right up there with the worst it's ever been, the fanbase has been well and truly divided and conquered but that doesn't mean there can't be some semblance of maturity in the discussions; are the lot of you fifteen years old or can you actually have a civil debate while disagreeing with each other..?

We've gone through mass-bannings in the past to sort things out and, while it's a tedious and frustrating route to go down, it'll happen again if that's what it takes to sort this place out. I'm reopening this, I've deleted most of the shite from the last few pages, if I've missed anything don't bother quoting it to start another argument if you want to keep posting on here :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Everyone on here wants what’s best for NUFC, regardless of way/how/why etc. As Andy said, Ashley just keeps winning when fans turn on each other :thup:

Well that was fun :lol: I echo the above opinion, we all can agree that Ashley is the real problem, Bruce's involvement is up for interpretation and his ability/results are too. Trouble is, you come in after Rafa and you're going to be measured with a Rafa sized stick, no one could truly replace him and anyone that came in after that fiasco was going to get pellets and do you blame the fans for feeling that way? Whether it's Bruce's fault or not it's a huge slap in the face and confirmation that survival is the dizzying heights of ambition, like it or not Bruce's past record is nothing short of discraceful and he shouldn't be here.

Whether it's in the PL or tumbling down the tables, one day we will get rid of Ashley and we can all celebrate together, we all have differing opinions on how best to achieve that and what needs to happen. If you get triggered by other people's opinion then maybe you shouldn't be on here, we're all entitled to feel how we want to feel and attacking each other solves nothing.

I think Bruce is a waste of space, he's an extension of Ashley, a shill and I want him gone, i want everyone gone until Ashley can't hire anyone any more, if it gets rid of him, I'd accept playing in the 3rd tier of football and I don't enjoy seeing us win because it's not us anymore, its Ashley FC and it doesn't deserve my love. I can understand people holding on to whatever is left and hoping we can stay in the league and be sold, I don't agree with it but I cam empathise. The only thing I can't understand is paying Ashley money to do what he's doing to the club.

ive little to add, been a bad week on here, I’m leaving this and the matchday thread alone from now.

Betting , Mackems hatred, bit of transfers and I will comment on our league position , the rest is just too emotive.Bruce isn’t very good but we all knew that , following a class act is always tough.

My view is the best thing to do is to accept Ashley is impossible to get rid of and any protesting only damages the club. We should support Bruce and the team. For the money spent on Almiron we should have got a much better return. The money was spent though and then doubled on another player so it's not as if there is no money being spent.

We have players like Colback and Saviet holding us back also. Gayle, Muto and Ki offering next to nowt. Getting rid of these players and replacing with decent players would give us a solid squad. Sooner the better as Bruce doesn't have much options at the moment.

And yet Bruce has not once played him in the position he started with promise last season. Yet you choose to support that?

The same position where did did nowt there either. No goals and no assists. Passing and shooting just as shocking. Hopefully learns how to dive as this is the only potential as it will be another 40 shots to get another goal.

So what happens? Bruce goes, we get another distinctly average manager and the cycle starts again. I expect every club to be strive to be the best version of itself, that’s not going to happen under Ashley and every time some momentum gets going on him personally it gets side tracked by something else.

This all starts and ends with Ashley, wasting time and energy on Bruce at this point serves no purpose, he’s easily replaced by another manager from the merry go round and that will continue until Ashley goes.

Bruce bashing doesn’t hurt Ashley, not buying from his shops does (yes, I know that conflicts with going to the match) publicising his lies, deceit and disregard does. I simply do not understand why there is not a constant, consistent Ashley out campaign. He doesn’t like personal protests or folk pointing out his lies - he’ll happily allow Bruce or any other manager  take the flak for what is undoubtably his doing.

Well I disagree quite strongly. I could accept the argument that Ashley wants to run the club on a tight budget, but we have spent good money in the last couple of transfer windows, but it is all wasted because we have no one at the club with the football knowledge to ensure it is spent wisely. Rafa at least was providing that. If we didn't want to keep him, we could at least have scouted a well rated up and coming manager like Brighton and Norwich did, instead of picking up yet another reject from the British PFM scrapheap.

Bruce's only redeeming feature from what I can see is that he is a Geordie. He's not going to push Ashley to compete for honours, he's not going to insist on signing the players he wants, and from the football we've seen so far, he seems to have no idea how to construct a successful side - and by successful, I mean one that would finish mid-table and play relatively attractive football.

My view is the best thing to do is to accept Ashley is impossible to get rid of and any protesting only damages the club. We should support Bruce and the team. For the money spent on Almiron we should have got a much better return. The money was spent though and then doubled on another player so it's not as if there is no money being spent.

We have players like Colback and Saviet holding us back also. Gayle, Muto and Ki offering next to nowt. Getting rid of these players and replacing with decent players would give us a solid squad. Sooner the better as Bruce doesn't have much options at the moment.

I despair. The line of least resistance has been broken and replaced by subordination.

'Accept Ashley'?

'Support Bruce'?

The end of NUFC, as we knew and truly loved it, is here. With 50,000 supporters like you there is simply no point.

I can only hope that one day - perhaps many years from now - you will experience the extraordinary joys and ecstasy of what a true owner and great manager can and will achieve. As I have done several times in my long and eventful life. Until then accept dross, because that is what you have just advocated. You deserve it.........