Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

(Managers who have taken charge of more than 300 Premier League games)

Manager Games W D L W%

Sir Alex Ferguson 810 528 168 114 65.2

Jose Mourinho 313 195 71 47 62.3

Arsene Wenger 828 476 199 153 57.5

Rafael Benitez 340 168 82 90 49.4

David Moyes 526 204 144 178 38.8

Harry Redknapp 641 236 167 238 36.8

Martin O'Neill 359 130 115 114 36.2

Roy Hodgson 308 107 78 123 34.7

Alan Pardew 320 109 68 143 34.1

Sam Allardyce 512 174 138 200 34

Mark Hughes 466 158 127 181 33.9

Alan Curbishley 328 108 85 135 32.9

Joe Kinnear 302 97 92 113 32.1

Tony Pulis 322 98 93 131 30.4

Steve Bruce 412 117 113 182 28.4

Impressive that we've recruited 4 of the bottom 7! Guess who our next four managers are going to be???

So what happens? Bruce goes, we get another distinctly average manager and the cycle starts again. I expect every club to be strive to be the best version of itself, that’s not going to happen under Ashley and every time some momentum gets going on him personally it gets side tracked by something else.

This all starts and ends with Ashley, wasting time and energy on Bruce at this point serves no purpose, he’s easily replaced by another manager from the merry go round and that will continue until Ashley goes.

Bruce bashing doesn’t hurt Ashley, not buying from his shops does (yes, I know that conflicts with going to the match) publicising his lies, deceit and disregard does. I simply do not understand why there is not a constant, consistent Ashley out campaign. He doesn’t like personal protests or folk pointing out his lies - he’ll happily allow Bruce or any other manager  take the flak for what is undoubtably his doing.

Well I disagree quite strongly. I could accept the argument that Ashley wants to run the club on a tight budget, but we have spent good money in the last couple of transfer windows, but it is all wasted because we have no one at the club with the football knowledge to ensure it is spent wisely. Rafa at least was providing that. If we didn't want to keep him, we could at least have scouted a well rated up and coming manager like Brighton and Norwich did, instead of picking up yet another reject from the British PFM scrapheap.

Bruce's only redeeming feature from what I can see is that he is a Geordie. He's not going to push Ashley to compete for honours, he's not going to insist on signing the players he wants, and from the football we've seen so far, he seems to have no idea how to construct a successful side - and by successful, I mean one that would finish mid-table and play relatively attractive football.

We’ve spent money on players who fit the criteria where we are gambling on resale value, the Joelinton transfer has Ashley’s grubby mitts all over it. There’s not a chance in hell that he’ll appoint a manager that the fans will adore like Rafa, or who he thinks will challenge him and the way he runs the club.

Forget Bruce, forget who comes in next, let’s get at Ashley.

Ashley has been got at most ways within the bounds of the law tbh. All avenues of pressure need exploring - Charnley, sponsors, Bruce should all be fair game where appropriate. The methods/facilitators  have to be attacked as much as the man himself. Charnley/Barnes shouldn’t set foot in the city without grief.

So what happens? Bruce goes, we get another distinctly average manager and the cycle starts again. I expect every club to be strive to be the best version of itself, that’s not going to happen under Ashley and every time some momentum gets going on him personally it gets side tracked by something else.

This all starts and ends with Ashley, wasting time and energy on Bruce at this point serves no purpose, he’s easily replaced by another manager from the merry go round and that will continue until Ashley goes.

Bruce bashing doesn’t hurt Ashley, not buying from his shops does (yes, I know that conflicts with going to the match) publicising his lies, deceit and disregard does. I simply do not understand why there is not a constant, consistent Ashley out campaign. He doesn’t like personal protests or folk pointing out his lies - he’ll happily allow Bruce or any other manager  take the flak for what is undoubtably his doing.

Well I disagree quite strongly. I could accept the argument that Ashley wants to run the club on a tight budget, but we have spent good money in the last couple of transfer windows, but it is all wasted because we have no one at the club with the football knowledge to ensure it is spent wisely. Rafa at least was providing that. If we didn't want to keep him, we could at least have scouted a well rated up and coming manager like Brighton and Norwich did, instead of picking up yet another reject from the British PFM scrapheap.

Bruce's only redeeming feature from what I can see is that he is a Geordie. He's not going to push Ashley to compete for honours, he's not going to insist on signing the players he wants, and from the football we've seen so far, he seems to have no idea how to construct a successful side - and by successful, I mean one that would finish mid-table and play relatively attractive football.

We’ve spent money on players who fit the criteria where we are gambling on resale value, the Joelinton transfer has Ashley’s grubby mitts all over it. There’s not a chance in hell that he’ll appoint a manager that the fans will adore like Rafa, or who he thinks will challenge him and the way he runs the club.

But Ashley has appointed local lad Steve Bruce precisely so we don't get after the owner. Are you going to get after Ashley or instead raise a big St James park cheer every time Andy Carroll wins a header?

We should get at them both. Getting at Bruce gets at Ashley indirectly.

Sports Direct is so difficult to touch given the rest of the country doesn't give a shit about NUFC.

We need to work on Ashley and his army of sycophants and that starts with current 'Smithers impersonator-in-chief', Steve Bruce.

My view is the best thing to do is to accept Ashley is impossible to get rid of and any protesting only damages the club. We should support Bruce and the team. For the money spent on Almiron we should have got a much better return. The money was spent though and then doubled on another player so it's not as if there is no money being spent.

We have players like Colback and Saviet holding us back also. Gayle, Muto and Ki offering next to nowt. Getting rid of these players and replacing with decent players would give us a solid squad. Sooner the better as Bruce doesn't have much options at the moment.

I despair. The line of least resistance has been broken and replaced by subordination.

'Accept Ashley'?

'Support Bruce'?

The end of NUFC, as we knew and truly loved it, is here. With 50,000 supporters like you there is simply no point.

I can only hope that one day - perhaps many years from now - you will experience the extraordinary joys and ecstasy of what a true owner and great manager can and will achieve. As I have done several times in my long and eventful life. Until then accept dross, because that is what you have just advocated. You deserve it.........

I have experienced the joys under Keegan and Sir Bob. Owners good but left the books in a mess. Advocating dross or not, the outcome will be the same as there is too many factors in Ashley's favour. The money made from TV and sponsorship means even an empty stadium would have little difference.

I still think the team will come good. Money being spent on the likes of Almiron and Joelinton should continue if we stay up. I just hope we get better value.

The money made from TV and sponsorship means even an empty stadium would have little difference.

:spit:

Classic. Makes so little difference that in a blind panic, he's just handed out 10,000 free season tickets because there are gaps in the stands.

Honestly, man. Work better on your routine.

He's realised people won't pay the ticket prices so he may as well give them away free. Good PR work so it's a no brainer. It lures in new fans also. A full house cheering the team on to get a higher placed finish also will more than cover the lack of ticket sales.

FICTION: he did the bare minimum that cost him nothing to lure some doylums back in.

FACT: over a span of 7 days, in a series of increasingly anxious and desperate conference calls with keith bishop, various 3rd world despots and satan himself they hatched the half season ticket plan to fill seats.

just saying there's a gradient between blind panic and total comfort. He'll exert the tiniest effort but probably doesn't give much of a toss.

My view is the best thing to do is to accept Ashley is impossible to get rid of and any protesting only damages the club. We should support Bruce and the team. For the money spent on Almiron we should have got a much better return. The money was spent though and then doubled on another player so it's not as if there is no money being spent.

We have players like Colback and Saviet holding us back also. Gayle, Muto and Ki offering next to nowt. Getting rid of these players and replacing with decent players would give us a solid squad. Sooner the better as Bruce doesn't have much options at the moment.

I despair. The line of least resistance has been broken and replaced by subordination.

'Accept Ashley'?

'Support Bruce'?

The end of NUFC, as we knew and truly loved it, is here. With 50,000 supporters like you there is simply no point.

I can only hope that one day - perhaps many years from now - you will experience the extraordinary joys and ecstasy of what a true owner and great manager can and will achieve. As I have done several times in my long and eventful life. Until then accept dross, because that is what you have just advocated. You deserve it.........

I have experienced the joys under Keegan and Sir Bob. Owners good but left the books in a mess. Advocating dross or not, the outcome will be the same as there is too many factors in Ashley's favour. The money made from TV and sponsorship means even an empty stadium would have little difference.

I still think the team will come good. Money being spent on the likes of Almiron and Joelinton should continue if we stay up. I just hope we get better value.

Buddy, have you forgotten how Rafa was treated in consecutive windows? Have you seen our net spend compared to every other team, including newly promoted ones?

We should get at them both. Getting at Bruce gets at Ashley indirectly.

Sports Direct is so difficult to touch given the rest of the country doesn't give a shit about NUFC.

We need to work on Ashley and his army of sycophants and that starts with current 'Smithers impersonator-in-chief', Steve Bruce.

:clap:

People don't seem to see this, and it infuriates me :lol:

'Accept Ashley'?

'Support Bruce'?

Don’t waste your energy. Fella’s a known WUM.

Ashley has been got at most ways within the bounds of the law tbh. All avenues of pressure need exploring - Charnley, sponsors, Bruce should all be fair game where appropriate. The methods/facilitators  have to be attacked as much as the man himself. Charnley/Barnes shouldn’t set foot in the city without grief.

Totally agree with this

Fans will not get Ashley, it was tried repeatedly and failed each and every time. Now he is giving away free tickets, signing local legends and personally breaking the transfer fee he is as welcome as he has ever been. It’s done.

It’s funny to see Bruce cry on as he thinks being local makes him indestructible and everyone should worship him. But as he has stated he clearly has appreciated Mike’s work at Newcastle and was gasping to get involved to join Mike in further ruining the club and the city. So long as he’s on the payroll and can get his cut he’s happy as Larry.

Absolutely ridiculous line of defence to say that an empty stadium doesn't affect him. Of course it does, for a start £30m loss is a huge dent in income no matter what other avenues of income are coming in. Secondly, what TV company are going to want to damage the brand by showing games with a backdrop of empty seats? Reducing the broadcasting income too.

Ashley hasn't had some master stroke dishing out free tickets, it's another short-termist patch up, popping a plaster on an open artery. Who's going to want to pay for a season ticket in the close season if they can get one for free if they hold out? This was just another way for Ashley to get one up on anyone that protests against him, it's reactionary and vindictive, nothing more, nothing less. All it has done is alienate paying fans and devalued the brand (once again).

Ashley has proven, AGAIN, with definitive proof that he is thin skinned and any negative press absolutely bothers him, yet our fans are still too blind to see. Immediate, consistent and unrelenting action will bring change, but he has supporters wrapped around his finger.

(Managers who have taken charge of more than 300 Premier League games)

Manager Games W D L W%

Sir Alex Ferguson 810 528 168 114 65.2

Jose Mourinho 313 195 71 47 62.3

Arsene Wenger 828 476 199 153 57.5

Rafael Benitez 340 168 82 90 49.4

David Moyes 526 204 144 178 38.8

Harry Redknapp 641 236 167 238 36.8

Martin O'Neill 359 130 115 114 36.2

Roy Hodgson 308 107 78 123 34.7

Alan Pardew 320 109 68 143 34.1

Sam Allardyce 512 174 138 200 34

Mark Hughes 466 158 127 181 33.9

Alan Curbishley 328 108 85 135 32.9

Joe Kinnear 302 97 92 113 32.1

Tony Pulis 322 98 93 131 30.4

Steve Bruce 412 117 113 182 28.4

Fuck I hate us.

He's realised people won't pay the ticket prices so he may as well give them away free. Good PR work so it's a no brainer. It lures in new fans also. A full house cheering the team on to get a higher placed finish also will more than cover the lack of ticket sales.

:lol: so what you’re saying is an empty stadium did have an effect? I despair honestly. For a little cockney spiv Ashley hasn’t half managed to get a shit load of northerners eating his shit on a daily basis