Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

"So all of a sudden we have to think we're Liverpool, do we? The style is we've gone from a back five to a back four,"

:lol:

Steve mate, that's a formation change, not a change in style, you fat cabbage headed moron.

"I've been going 20-odd years and I look at the clubs I've managed - Sunderland, Hull, Birmingham - and think they were in a far healthier state than they are now.

"To say that I'm lucky, I just find it a little bit insulting but I'll keep trying to try and improve us, try and get better and try and make us play better and that will take a bit of time unfortunately because we're trying to implement change.

"So all of a sudden we have to think we're Liverpool, do we? The style is we've gone from a back five to a back four," he said.

"Hang on a minute, we've only lost one out of six. We've won four," he added. "We're trying to change something a little bit to try and go with a back four if we can.

"Now I'm lucky, am I? Lucky? Wow. I just find it frustrating and deeply disappointing because this thing of direction or a lack of tactics...what do you not understand?

"If you watched us, I grant you, we have not played well enough. But we've played with one up and one off the front and a back four now in six of the seven games and we did it out of lockdown as well apart from the last two or three games when we went to a back three against Tottenham and Liverpool. What do we not understand?

"So I'm going to question you lot to say: 'Do you not understand what we're trying to do?' You can tell the supporters and explain to them. I find it the frustrating part. Where has that come from all of a sudden?"

Wow.

I think this explains the Shelvey cupped ear to the journos in the last game. Seems like Bruce is whinging to the players that the nasty press are saying horrible things about him and them. Probably thinks he’s Sir Alex and trying to engender a siege mentality. The absolute cretin.

"I've been going 20-odd years and I look at the clubs I've managed - Sunderland, Hull, Birmingham - and think they were in a far healthier state than they are now.

"To say that I'm lucky, I just find it a little bit insulting but I'll keep trying to try and improve us, try and get better and try and make us play better and that will take a bit of time unfortunately because we're trying to implement change.

"So all of a sudden we have to think we're Liverpool, do we? The style is we've gone from a back five to a back four," he said.

"Hang on a minute, we've only lost one out of six. We've won four," he added. "We're trying to change something a little bit to try and go with a back four if we can.

"Now I'm lucky, am I? Lucky? Wow. I just find it frustrating and deeply disappointing because this thing of direction or a lack of tactics...what do you not understand?

"If you watched us, I grant you, we have not played well enough. But we've played with one up and one off the front and a back four now in six of the seven games and we did it out of lockdown as well apart from the last two or three games when we went to a back three against Tottenham and Liverpool. What do we not understand?

"So I'm going to question you lot to say: 'Do you not understand what we're trying to do?' You can tell the supporters and explain to them. I find it the frustrating part. Where has that come from all of a sudden?"

Wow.

I think this explains the Shelvey cupped ear to the journos in the last game. Seems like Bruce is whinging to the players that the nasty press are saying horrible things about him and them. Probably thinks he’s Sir Alex and trying to engender a siege mentality. The absolute cretin.

[emoji38] So an 85th minute equaliser against a League Two side was meant to be vindication for Bruce after the previous (light) criticism? Not disputing what you're saying but thought it worth typing out [emoji38]

Wow.

[emoji38] So an 85th minute equaliser against a League Two side was meant to be vindication for Bruce after the previous (light) criticism? Not disputing what you're saying but thought it worth typing out [emoji38]

Yeah I know and yeah it’s totally worth typing out. Laughable isn’t it :lol:

Can someone not tell him Brighton play a back 5 and play great football :lol:

Why is he equating that formation with the terrible football we play?! This is absolutely disgusting :lol:

He doesn't even realise he's exposing himself :lol:

"At the moment it's about trying to build consistency of performance as well as results, isn't it."

^ the comment that sparked the rant.

Then Dawn Thewlis goes "do you sometimes think you can't win, with all this criticism?"

Can't vouch for its accuracy but the pro-Bruce lot are using this as an argument why he should remain (though to me it looks like putting Rafa over Bruce which is irrelevant, what Rafa has done isn't important to how Bruce is doing)

Guest neesy111

Can't vouch for its accuracy but the pro-Bruce lot are using this as an argument why he should remain (though to me it looks like putting Rafa over Bruce which is irrelevant, what Rafa has done isn't important to how Bruce is doing)

This is using cup games ffs.

Guest Cheesy Beans

absolutely right.

playing the same formation every game rather changing/adapting to each team we face. we are not liverpool.

and what is the obsession with "two up top". its like he wants a medal for it or something. its fine if one of the 2 is miggy or the like but not AC7.

Tbf, fans spent the entire Championship season under Rafa screaming for 442.

They have their wish now!