Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

If an up-and-comer like Van Bronckhorst was interested in the job, given everything that's happened here, I'd question his integrity and knowledge. Rafa proved that, no matter how good a manager you are, you can't overcome Ashley. It's a patsy's job.

They really did have it perfect during the Pardew era. A conveyor belt of decent players and a manager who wasn't bad enough to actually get them relegated. They've got worse players and a worse manager now. Tricky for em.

It’ll always be a massive shop window for an up and coming foreign manager. Particularly one from a smaller league or smaller club in a bigger league.

Say he came in and we finished 9th, Emery fucks off at the end of the season, oh hi Arsenal former player GvB here - fancy a nosh?

It’ll always be a massive shop window for an up and coming foreign manager. Particularly one from a smaller league or smaller club in a bigger league.

Say he came in and we finished 9th, Emery fucks off at the end of the season, oh hi Arsenal former player GvB here - fancy a nosh?

Aye, it’s still a huge step up for someone like him and he has potential to get something from those players. Keep us up a couple of seasons and someone like Arsenal would come in eventually.

I wouldn't question Gio's integrity or knowledge, or any up&comer. Like Disco said - it's a shop window job at the moment but at the very least - it's a job in England in the PL for NUFC. Everyone with any bit of pride in themselves would fancy working with a decent budget and chance to make a really good 1 or 2 season run - and if the owner doesn't want to spend cash - then hell, move on to a club who values you. Or side point, the oft chance we get sold.

Nah, it's surely far too risky. You're not allowed to be a good manager under Ashley. Much more likely to set your career back than get it going.

Hughton has made himself a career out of management since Ashley gave him the gig full-time.

Pardew was a Championship/League 1 manager until he came here, he got a couple of jobs in the Premier League that he’d never have got but for Ashley.

McClaren was McClaren.

Benitez was quality here.

I wouldn't question Gio's integrity or knowledge, or any up&comer. Like Disco said - it's a shop window job at the moment but at the very least - it's a job in England in the PL for NUFC. Everyone with any bit of pride in themselves would fancy working with a decent budget and chance to make a really good 1 or 2 season run - and if the owner doesn't want to spend cash - then hell, move on to a club who values you. Or side point, the oft chance we get sold.

Premier League jobs are coming up all the time, fuck taking a chance on this sorry mess. Like I say, you're blind to what's happening if you fancy a stab at Ashley's NUFC.

Nah, it's surely far too risky. You're not allowed to be a good manager under Ashley. Much more likely to set your career back than get it going.

Hughton has made himself a career out of management since Ashley gave him the gig full-time.

Pardew was a Championship/League 1 manager until he came here, he got a couple of jobs in the Premier League that he’d never have got but for Ashley.

McClaren was McClaren.

Benitez was quality here.

Of course, but when I said 'more likely to set your career back', I'm referring to those up and comers with lots of potential, like GVB. Every single one of those bands, Rafa aside, were very grateful for the job and would have been nowhere near the dugout if things had been run properly.

*and, aye, Rafa was great, but was working at about 5% his potential

I just don't know why any young manager would want to risk working at this shit-tip where the owners are more likely to entrap and limit you than help to release your potential.

Because like Disco says, if they do above average they’ll go on to better things. The expectation of the match going fan is so low he’d get an easy ride there, all he’d have to do is finish between 14th & 17th and he’ll be on other clubs’ radars. We’re not exactly great but an above average manager with that squad should be able to finish above 3 of the rest of the dross down there.

There were nine PL vacancies during the course of last season (including the close season). There was something daft like 15 or 16 the year prior. Why clamour for the Newcastle job when you could end up with Watford or Everton or which ever clubs underachieve?

I'm arguing for the sake of it really. Ashley and Co would never employ someone who is their own man. Not after the headache they had with Rafa.

There were nine PL vacancies during the course of last season (including the close season). There was something daft like 15 or 16 the year prior. Why clamour for the Newcastle job when you could end up with Watford or Everton or which ever clubs underachieve?

I'm arguing for the sake of it really. Ashley and Co would never employ someone who is their own man. Not after the headache they had with Rafa.

Watford job comes up every season. If you wanted it, you'd get it eventually...