Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

A bit of a drift at the bookies now 2/11 still a warm favourite but a glimmer of hope

It’s done man. Too much chatter for it not to be.

We’re paying a few million to take him from his nursing home then we’ll give him a mid season pay off for retirement.

Incredible :laugh:

Half tempted to go to the ground if the press conference is at lunch. Only round the corner.

I'd imagine it'll be at the training ground.

That, I’d not considered.

Betraying his home town by taking this job under this regime. Wouldn’t blame him for wanting the job under an owner who wanted to compete and cared about the club and region but then again he’d never get the job under such a regime. He deserves any abuse he gets for taking the Ashley shilling.

I'm not sure I agree with that. He's putting himself in the firing line if/when it doesn't work out, but he doesn't deserve abuse for simply accepting the job, because let's be honest nobody else is going to and we do actually need a manager by next month.

Respect your opinion, obviously but I completely disagree with you too. Would you take it under Ashley?

Would I take the opportunity to make myself filthy rich managing the football club I love? Aye, I probably would to be honest mate, I'm not going to lie :lol:

Nah, that’s a shocker of a post. No way.

I don't think it's that much of a shocker to say that if, in some ridiculously contrived hypothetical scenario, Mike Ashley offered me literally millions of pounds to manage a football club for a season or two to set my family up for life I would pack in the 9-5 slog like :lol:

Probably do a better job than Brucie anyway tbh, hand it over :thup:

Betraying his home town by taking this job under this regime. Wouldn’t blame him for wanting the job under an owner who wanted to compete and cared about the club and region but then again he’d never get the job under such a regime. He deserves any abuse he gets for taking the Ashley shilling.

I'm not sure I agree with that. He's putting himself in the firing line if/when it doesn't work out, but he doesn't deserve abuse for simply accepting the job, because let's be honest nobody else is going to and we do actually need a manager by next month.

Respect your opinion, obviously but I completely disagree with you too. Would you take it under Ashley?

Would I take the opportunity to make myself filthy rich managing the football club I love? Aye, I probably would to be honest mate, I'm not going to lie :lol:

Nah, that’s a shocker of a post. No way.

I don't think it's that much of a shocker to say that if, in some ridiculously contrived hypothetical scenario, Mike Ashley offered me literally millions of pounds to manage a football club for a season or two to set my family up for life I would pack in the 9-5 slog like :lol:

Probably do a better job than Brucie anyway tbh, hand it over :thup:

would you do it if you were already a millionaire ?

Guest chopey

The same Steve Bruce who whilst managing Sunderland was going to play "who let the dogs out" if the beat us in protest at "despicable" Mike Ashley

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-going-newcastle-hotseat-16571658

Steve Bruce is going into Newcastle hotseat with his eyes wide open - and won't need briefing about mood of fans

Everybody knows Steve Bruce is black-and-white through and through but he will judged on results

By Lee Ryder Chief Sports Writer

19:50, 11 JUL 2019

Steve Bruce is ready to brave an icy reception as Newcastle United boss after telling Sheffield Wednesday he is eager to fulfill a lifetime ambition.

Only failure to agree compensation between the the Owls and the Magpies now stands in the way of Bruce being in the dugout for the opening game of the Premier League season against Arsenal.

At 58, Bruce won't get this chance again and after regretting not being appointed in both 2004 and 2015 at St James' Park, he will go into the job under no illusions.

Those close to Bruce say that he is desperate to get it right at United, but he knows exactly what awaits him from the offset on Tyneside.

But he's ready for it - and more importantly he's up for the fight.

He was keen to take the job in 2004 but Birmingham City did not make life easy when it came to his release and the chance passed him by.

Some observers have faced the wrath of fed-up fans already for suggesting Bruce's status as a Geordie will help him, and that alone should be a reason to rally behind the ex-Manchester United skipper.

It doesn't wash with a lot of supporters because they have had more than enough of the current regime.

A popular view is that losing Rafa Benitez was the final straw.

Yet none of that is the fault of Bruce.

Plenty of fans have made it clear they don't wish to patronised with "Get behind Bruce because he's a Geordie" after a summer of near silence at St James' Park.

Although, Bruce is experienced enough to take the negativity on the chin.

The reality is that being a former Sunderland boss or even an ex-Man United star won't matter IF he delivers results.

However, that is going to be the hard part.

Newcastle have asked him to take up this tricky position and they will now HAVE to be as good as their word when it comes to providing money for Bruce to spend with less than a month of the window left.

The Magpies made it clear that they have at least £60million ready to go - and the suggestions after Ayoze Perez was sold were that this money would also be made available for transfers.

It was a claim that was dismissed by some and ridiculed by others.

But it's something that has to happen if Newcastle are to avoid being in a relegation tussle again this year.

Bruce was a winner as a player and used to put his head where others wouldn't put their feet.

He will now ask his players to do the same under his watch.

Will he get a reasonable chance to get it right from fans?

I think he will - and it's an unfair question on supporters because they always get behind the team and a new manager.

This isn't Chelsea - the club that infamously booed Benitez into the dugout in his first game.

Like Alan Pardew did he will have to get results in the bag and earn the respect of the crowd in the coming season.

My own personal take is that Bruce isn't coming here for Mike Ashley though, he is coming here for his own reasons and to deliver success to the club he supported as a boy.

Again, this won't wash with a lot of fans and already a "Brucey bingo" chart was drawn up with likely quotes of what he will say in his introduction to fans.

Newcastle fans loved the idea of Benitez being in charge and their manager rubbing shoulders with UEFA's elite coaches.

They loved the idea of Benitez leading the Rafalution and masterminding some amazing wins over the likes of Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

They loved the glasses being tucked into the pocket and the swagger that went with Benitez during some ice cool Press conferences.

Bruce will be completely different but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be given a fair chance to win fans over.

He's coming in with his eyes open so give him Hell.

I think he'll probably keep you up.

The problem is, the football will be awful - he is straight out of the MON 'slap them on the back and get them fired up' school.

He doesn't 'do' tactics. The closest he came with us was - and this is bizarre - a long diagonal punt from the keeper to a well-advanced-up-the-pitch El-Mohammedy. It happened so often it had to be a planned 'thing'

Also, nothing is ever his fault, never. He had the fans on his side for a long time at our place but it was the constant flailing around looking for someone else to blame when things went wrong that lost him that - at which point he started blaming the fans too.

Very quickly you'll get stuck of hearing 'we'll be there or thereabouts' as his answer to everything.

You put up with a degree of the above if the results are worth it, or if the football was good to watch, but it isn't. It's relentlessly old school.

You get away with that too a certain degree in the championship, but not in the top flight.

The same Steve Bruce who whilst managing Sunderland was going to play "who let the dogs out" if the beat us in protest at "despicable" Mike Ashley

aye...

"Bruce at a talk in tonight said we are a well run club with a top class chairman and owner who do everything by the book etc, we are not "low class" like some or words to that effect about the mags"

"STEVE BRUCE: NEWCASTLE HAVE GOT NO CLASS"

"“Thankfully, I was down the tunnel by then but I did hear about it,” said Bruce in a reference to events at St James’s Park after the final whistle.

“It was probably typical of their etiquette. Hopefully, we can repeat the same dosage.’’"

"Steve Bruce was warned off Newcastle because of Ashley by his then-Wigan chairman Dave Whelan, and it is likely he would heed that advice again despite suggestions that the Sports Direct founder rates him highly."

etc etc

Arrggghhhhh this is gonna cause me sleepless night.  On what fucking planet to you get rejected by these 'candidates' who were before bruce and not for one second stop, think and ask yourself "why are these people saying 'no' to this great job, what is it about our offer that's turning them off?  Maybe we should review our proposal".... FUCK  even Sam Allardyce said NO!  Lets take a moment and let that sink in...… even that piece of scum said fuck off.  But we've got 'one of our own' now who's a 'really nice guy' who's just here to 'sort the mess that Rafa left us in'.

Does my fucking box in!!!